Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the issues at play is the small 12v battery and that the truck constantly is pinging the cell network and wifi. Mines in DeepSleep 90% of the time...
Mine tends to do it when I only take short trips for a few days. Usually coincides when I go back to work for 3 or 4 days, with my 10 mile drive to work and back.

I put it on a trickle charger overnight and the battery is at 12.5 volts. I did the battery management reset by doing the bright light flash five times and brake press three times. I'll see what happens the next few days.

It's never been an issue as far as starting the truck only going to deep sleep and disabling remote features.
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Twice now, my FordPass app has alerted me that my 22 Mav has gone into deep sleep mode to protect the battery.
This sucks! I drove a 2011 Fusion Hybrid for 10 years and not once did this ever happen with it.
I don't drive my Mav a lot, but it does get driven a couple times a week for between 15 and 100 miles depending on what's going on in life.
I was thinking perhaps the app pinging the truck was contributing, so I turned off all background functions of the app. I'm not that hopeful about this strategy, but i'll see if it helps.
Hybrid XLT lux have had 3 months, never received sleep warning. I have power point voltage meter in dash port. Turn on in am in accessory mode (not all the way to turn on ready to drive status) and if voltage is less than 12.1 (I have seen 11.6 once 11.8 several times) I will turn key to place truck into ready status with dial in park. I also set the parking brake and turn off AC. I will get out and do other things and leave truck usually until ice cycles on and off twice once I left truck in ready status about an hour. I have never had sleep mode messages but do this as a preventative. Currently have just under 600 miles on truck. I have driven truck in every drive mode and in Low in each drive mode to give computer experience. The wife has a hybrid lariat first edition that has 11k miles since March 2022 and has had no sleep messages. I have not ready status charged battery maybe twice in it (?✅✅). If I have deep sleep message on either I have decided that I will buy replacement battery from Ford and before installing put it on my noco genius 10 charger and fully charge it and then run the repair cycle. Then place in truck. Keep the original battery, charge and repair cycle it, then take to Ford to check if it needs to be replaced. I or Ford can then swap out future 12v sleep warnings with known fully charged battery until the sleep mode problem is solved. This problem is probably a very small drain on battery and may even be chip checking sensors or even the timer that causes the noises in the garage in middle of nights. In any case I love my maverick with it's new friend the unused noco GB40 jump starter. 😇

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine tends to do it when I only take short trips for a few days. Usually coincides when I go back to work for 3 or 4 days, with my 10 mile drive to work and back.

I put it on a trickle charger overnight and the battery is at 12.5 volts. I did the battery management reset by doing the bright light flash five times and brake press three times. I'll see what happens the next few days.

It's never been an issue as far as starting the truck only going to deep sleep and disabling remote features.
Yup mine only seems to be good if I drive at least 20 miles and I don't do that often.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yup mine only seems to be good if I drive at least 20 miles and I don't do that often.
After putting on a charger overnight and resetting Battery Management System, I notice my 12v battery is staying at 15.0 volts while driving today. Before it would stay around 14.5.
Also no deep sleep message, yet.

Ford Maverick Deep sleep mode alert IMG_20230113_161103573_HDR~2

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After putting on a charger overnight and resetting Battery Management System, I notice my 12v battery is staying at 15.0 volts while driving today. Before it would stay around 14.5.

IMG_20230113_161103573_HDR~2.jpg
Interesting. Keep us posted.

Sponsored

Mikes22Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

IMG_20230113_161103573_HDR~2.jpg
How are you getting this info on your display?

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting. Keep us posted.
The battery is already dropping to 12.2 volts almost immediately after I shut the truck off.

That seems to indicate that these batteries are weak or bad. Shouldn't they read at least 12.6 volts?

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How are you getting this info on your display?
Torque Pro app through Android Auto. Using Screen2Auto app to mirror apps not allowed by Android Auto.

MaverickCruiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2023 XLT Hybrid Cactus Grey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is the main issue that has me debating whether I'll accept delivery on my truck this month. I can't imagine needing to trickle charge a brand new vehicle every night. I usually only drive 80 miles most weeks so I assume it will happen for me?

Sponsored

Mikes22Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Torque Pro app through Android Auto. Using Screen2Auto app to mirror apps not allowed by Android Auto.
Do you have to plug in your phone through USB or will it work through Bluetooth?
How did you figure out the way to get this all to work? It seems pretty difficult.
I assume you need to plug in an OBDII device into the OBD port to get it to talk to Torque Pro.
Which one do you have?

Last edited:

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is the main issue that has me debating whether I'll accept delivery on my truck this month. I can't imagine needing to trickle charge a brand new vehicle every night. I usually only drive 80 miles most weeks so I assume it will happen for me?
You might be on the edge at 80 miles but your absolutely right you shouldn't need to trickle charge this truck. Only vehicle I ever charged was a mustang that I didn't drive from November - April.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you have to plug in your phone through USB or will it work through Bluetooth?
How did you figure out the way to get this all to work? It seems pretty difficult.
I assume you need to plug in an OBDII device into the OBD port to get it to talk to Torque Pro.
Which one do you have?
Using Android Auto, so it requires either USB cable or wireless adapter. I now use the Moto MA1 adapter.
I'm using this cheap bluetooth OBD2 adapter https://a.co/d/gl3dEED

Thread on Screen2Auto on Xda is pretty informative. I've used the app for over 2 years now, so I'm fairly knowledgeable on it. Note that certain phone brands don't work well, or at all, with it.

Last edited:

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We do not know what percentage of hybrid mavs are actually experiencing deep sleep. We have 2. The first has 11k miles never a problem since received 3/9/22 and the second has 600 miles received 10/17/22 never had sleep warning on it but the battery loses about 0.2 v overnight. Note that this reading is at the dash power point and is an open circuit reading so voltage will be reduced by other things that are pulling current while in accessory mode. The simple act of opening door will create a draw on 12v battery and the dc/dc converter is not powering the 12v bus until truck is in ready status at which time the reading will usually be 14.6-15.1v. The 15.0+ seems to occur when ambient temp is below 50-55°F so I am assuming a heat pot has been turned on to start warming HVB fluid and voltage has been increased to meet amperage demand. I feel like the deep sleep problem will be fixed by Ford soon. Nevertheless all brands are placing more demands on batteries. I had a 2012 Honda CR-V which would eat a battery in about 30 months until I started putting charger on new battery in 2018 2-3 times a year. When I gave CR-V to grand daughter battery was still going at 52 months. That car didn't have 10% of demand on 12v?.

Hybrid Nut

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Not all Hybrids are doing the deep sleep. I have one and never had this issue yet. But then i drive it every day and its in a unheated garage. Only issue with my hybrid so far is the grabby brakes.
Sponsored