Crowley Cajun

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I questioned my dealer about getting confirmation from ROVP system. The response i got back from the dealer is verbatim below
“You had placed your order on 10/11/21 and they closed the order banks on 11/21/21 for the hybrid engine. We entered your order and the covp paperwork and they have been accepted. Ford does not have enough hybrid engines to complete all the ones that were ordered. Your order will not go into ROVP until there is an engine for your order, which they do not currently have.”

I’m pretty sure they screwed up and I have no options at this point. Guess I’ll be getting a SC now
Sponsored

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I questioned my dealer about getting confirmation from ROVP system. The response i got back from the dealer is verbatim below
“You had placed your order on 10/11/21 and they closed the order banks on 11/21/21 for the hybrid engine. We entered your order and the covp paperwork and they have been accepted. Ford does not have enough hybrid engines to complete all the ones that were ordered. Your order will not go into ROVP until there is an engine for your order, which they do not currently have.”

I’m pretty sure they screwed up and I have no options at this point. Guess I’ll be getting a SC now
With that logic, none of the orders submitted in June and July 2021 would have been entered into the ROVP since production didn't begin until mid-August. So that's a bunch of malarkey since plenty of folks were able to confirm with their dealer that the order had been accepted in the ROVP system prior to even getting scheduled for a build date.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can't get selected for preview until your order is in the selection pool. Can't be in the selection pool if your order hasn't been accepted. Can't be accepted if the dealer never submitted your order. I'm sure you'll enjoy the SC. It doesn't look half bad in person, imo. I hope you don't drive a lot though because them trips to the gas station are gonna hurt.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another reminder that it is important to research and choose a good dealer. The one down the street may not be it.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

That doesn't make sense to me (and I do work @ a Ford dealership).

It is possible that is good information (and that they didn't screw something up), but clearly some of the terminology has been be mixed up.

Hybrid engines are still a constraint.

"Your order will not go into ROVP until there is an engine for your order" that doesn't make sense to me. BUT, it is possible that they mean that they won't be given allocation for your order until there is a hybrid engine available.

The major point of ROVP is to generate allocations for verified retail orders. Ford has shifted the process a little to put greater weight on when the order was submitted (rather than normal dealership allocation).

Honestly, I don't know if the person who told that to you is genuinely confused about the terminology/process....or if they are guessing....or if they screwed something up.

I myself was a an early June hybrid order. I did the ROVP myself right away (which Ford screwed up on their end and I had to redo, but that is another story!) It was months and months before I scheduled. I did talk to our Ford rep about my order...and he said we would get the allocation for it when there was available allocation and a hybrid could schedule. I was finally scheduled in January for March. It was delayed until April. I got it in May.

Hope you'll get yours soon too!

Sponsored

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I would just call the Maverick customer line and ask them if your order is in their system and clean. If it wasn't verified in the ROVP system, it should show that it's not clean/waiting to be scheduled. That's one way to verify if the sales guy doesn't know his acronyms vs. your order was not submitted correctly.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I assume they're confusing ROVP with something else. Otherwise it's synonymous with COVP and if that has been accepted you should be good. Just up to the whims of the scheduling.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Another reminder that it is important to research and choose a good dealer. The one down the street may not be it.
I'm sort of happy with mine but perhaps they're hosing me. Hard to tell.

Treppie1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
Engine
Undecided
Is a COVP and a ROVP the same thing? I’ve got a hybrid order in November and know it won’t be built but I want to make sure I’m set for the private offer for a 23. I have paperwork of an accepted COVP is that enough?

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Is a COVP and a ROVP the same thing? I’ve got a hybrid order in November and know it won’t be built but I want to make sure I’m set for the private offer for a 23. I have paperwork of an accepted COVP is that enough?
What's a covp/rovp?

Sponsored

LtCasual

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

If you talk to Ford chat they can tell you your priority number. If you're at 02 I think you're OK. Anything else... not so good.

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Me and you need to talk. I got almost the same story but I don’t believe my dealer. I don’t know if they cancelled my order, Ford cancelled my order of something screwed up and it vanished. Dealer wasn’t clear, nor would I have believed them anyway. If I call Ford it’s as if I never placed my order. I did get the confirmation email from Ford after my 10/9/2021 hybrid order and the email in March from Ford telling me of constraints. Up until mid June my order was in good standing and processing when I called the Ford hotline. So my question for you is do they still recognize your order if you call the Ford hotline?

OP
OP
Crowley Cajun

Crowley Cajun

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Me and you need to talk. I got almost the same story but I don’t believe my dealer. I don’t know if they cancelled my order, Ford cancelled my order of something screwed up and it vanished. Dealer wasn’t clear, nor would I have believed them anyway. If I call Ford it’s as if I never placed my order. I did get the confirmation email from Ford after my 10/9/2021 hybrid order and the email in March from Ford telling me of constraints. Up until mid June my order was in good standing and processing when I called the Ford hotline. So my question for you is do they still recognize your order if you call the Ford hotline?
ford chat line sees the order and referred me back to dealer to check on order. Heard back from dealership tonight that they will check with regional rep to insure they did it correctly as the guy that was doing it when i ordered is no longer there. They said that the order is in their master order system in Fords system as accepted. Waiting to hear back from regional rep now. I found a SC base model I can buy now for basically same price as Maverick but as someone else said I’ll pay at the pump for it as I drive 100+ miles a day for work. Current truck gets 18 mpg so SC is much better but not close to Maverick

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well if Ford chat sees your order your probably in good shape. Thanks for the reply. My dealer said they cancelled my order because the Ford rep said to. Then he said Ford cancelled my order. I asked which is it? Ford says if cancelled it should be there and show cancelled. I’m out of luck. I’ve pretty much exhausted all avenues of figuring it out. You are not in my exact situation. Good for you.
Sponsored