First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Its easy to see, around my little "shithole town". Fleet orders to local auto parts stores have been delivered and seen "all around the place". Hey Ford, can a guy who has been buying your cars since 71, maybe just get one?
Sponsored

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was just telling someone today that I have never in my life had to work so hard to get a car maker to take my money. "Here, take my money!" Ford: "No! Or, maybe in a year, we'll get back to you."

Really? Been buying cars since 1976, never seen anything like this.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
When did you order?

These things take time.....lots of time in my experience. Building then shipping a vehicle isn't like buying toilet paper off Amazon.

Most of us waited 7+ months for our '22s to arrive and a lot the Hybrid guys who ordered waited even longer or didn't get one at all. You newbs who ordered in September of this year need to chill out.

OP
OP
mikedell

mikedell

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was just telling someone today that I have never in my life had to work so hard to get a car maker to take my money. "Here, take my money!" Ford: "No! Or, maybe in a year, we'll get back to you."

Really? Been buying cars since 1976, never seen anything like this.
AGREE!. Maybe some day, soon, these manufacturers will be "choking" with surplus car's. But, i don't think so. ...This place, sure gone crazy

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I wonder how those fleet orders work? Some of them might even have stipulations in the contracts on when the orders have to be delivered by, which would explain why they get priority. Customer orders have no such stipulation, so they wait. :(

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
AGREE!. Maybe some day, soon, these manufacturers will be "choking" with surplus car's. But, i don't think so. ...This place, sure gone crazy
When did you order?

AUDIOZONE

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, ranger, mustang, maverick on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Things are getting better. They are getting out there. I saw two out on the road today in a one hour drive. Plus mine was on the road.

East side of dsm, IA metro. A red one. West side of the dsm, ia metro area an area 51.

OP
OP
mikedell

mikedell

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When did you order?

These things take time.....lots of time in my experience. Building then shipping a vehicle isn't like buying toilet paper off Amazon.

Most of us waited 7+ months for our '22s to arrive and a lot the Hybrid guys who ordered waited even longer or didn't get one at all. You newbs who ordered in September of this year need to chill out.
okay, you may be rite in the chilling out part, but its the big switch" in how a new car has to be purchased in 2022, that piss's off folks who have bought cars for the last 55 yrs.you . "times they are a changing",,,,,,but not for the better

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When did you order?
Apparently September from their last post whining about the wait.

The order has been accepted by Ford 9/16. been in line with the dealer since 6/22 with small deposit with make and price. XLT, straight up.. New colors, new additions , blah blah blah. Damit "just make the vehicle. so, while the wait has started with only a notification from ford that they would reach out at least within 45 days, with an update.,hahaha i purchased a new 22 Volkswagen ... wow, has auto purchasing changed. i've keep my order ongoing on 2023 mav xlt. hopefully i will see the day where there are new cars, on lots, and manufactures have to beg u to buy their cars. we will see where this "saga" continues, into Dec and the new year..Mike

Sponsored
OP
OP
mikedell

mikedell

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
, never "waited" for a Ford or any other car in my price range, EVER. That's why i went out and purchased a new VW Tiguan!..I'll play Fords game and not surrender by order to my dealer..will see what happens

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Things are getting better. They are getting out there. I saw two out on the road today in a one hour drive. Plus mine was on the road.

East side of dsm, IA metro. A red one. West side of the dsm, ia metro area an area 51.
According to the sales numbers posted here over 60k have been sold in 2022, so yes they very much are out there.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Apparently September from their last post whining about the wait.
Yeah that's what I expected. Ordered in September and whining about a wait....good lord.:rolleyes:

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was the 2nd person to order a Maverick at my dealership last year, and I still had to wait 7 months before it landed in my driveway. Since then, weather, supply chain, how Ford schedules and allocates, and the sheer number of orders inline and ongoing demand for it make that wait longer. Add in all the 2022 orders that didn't get built and now have priority after migrating to 2023s, I suspect the 23 Tremor order I made 2 months ago will be the same if not longer wait right now.

if you want one right away, your best bet is to talk to a few dealerships and get your name on a list to possibly buy an abandoned order and you might get lucky enough to get one in a few weeks.
Sponsored