Sponsored

Did they screw me or did I screw myself?

Godzilla

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Removed the lux and 360 from my Oct 12 hybrid order like the email told me to do. Really dont want to wait another 6 or more months for my truck. After the change I was looking at the revised build sheet that the salesman sent me. The price for my xlt had been changed to 23360 from 22280 before the changes. My question is am I price protected at the 22280 or did I screw myself by dropping the packages? Just wanted your input before I confront my salesman.
Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You should be price protected, but I think no one is sure right now. I also tried to edit my unscheduled order and they said if I changed it, I would lose price protection. The price went up $1,000 on my build as well. So I didn't make any changes.

But surely Ford did not encourage people to drop options only to then hit them with an increased price. That would be really a low blow and I would bet they price protect it.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think there are several threads on this but it appears if you make changes you get hit with price increases to vehicle.

It's one reason zero changes for me. I'll wait it out. Although since I do not read every thread maybe someone else will respond differently.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Removed the lux and 360 from my Oct 12 hybrid order like the email told me to do. Really dont want to wait another 6 or more months for my truck. After the change I was looking at the revised build sheet that the salesman sent me. The price for my xlt had been changed to 23360 from 22280 before the changes. My question is am I price protected at the 22280 or did I screw myself by dropping the packages? Just wanted your input before I confront my salesman.
It doesn't matter if you make changes or not. Your Maverick will be invoiced at the current price level.

You should be protected @ the original pricing level. It is a little complicated and you may have to fight your dealer for it, but you should be able to get your original quoted MSRP (if that is the price you agreed upon) minus the charge for lux & 360.

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
New documentation (physical or digital) will always reflect the pricing in effect at the time it is generated.

As stated above by others, price protection remains available for '22s built in that model year (the exceptions being additions made after an increase in price of a particular option or major changes, such as changing out the choice of engine, which can result in an altered order date). Deletions should not affect access to price protection.
Sponsored