Sponsored

DEALER CANCELS MY ORDER

Go get it

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Grand Caravan GT
SO MUCH FOR MY NEW TRUCK DUE TO ARRIVE END OF MARCH DEALER CANCEL ORDER AS IN CANADA WE CANT GET SNUG TOP CANOPY GOT REFUNDED AND EVERY THING NEVER WILL DEAL WITH ISLAND FORD, ON VACOUVER ISLAND AGAIN.
Sponsored

SDMavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
SO MUCH FOR MY NEW TRUCK DUE TO ARRIVE END OF MARCH DEALER CANCEL ORDER AS IN CANADA WE CANT GET SNUG TOP CANOPY GOT REFUNDED AND EVERY THING NEVER WILL DEAL WITH ISLAND FORD, ON VACOUVER ISLAND AGAIN.
So it's been scheduled to be made?
If so, your truck is going to the dealer anyway. You gonna let them keep it and sell it to someone else?

OP
OP
Go get it

Go get it

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Grand Caravan GT
So it's been scheduled to be made?
If so, your truck is going to the dealer anyway. You gonna let them keep it and sell it to someone else?
have no idea now been getting a load of cow crap from them no end so just walked away and was refunded deposit.

SDMavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
have no idea now been getting a load of cow crap from them no end so just walked away and was refunded deposit.
So for clarity- yes there are many crappy dealers (a rock is more communicative than my dealer), but your dealer didn't cancel your order, you did?

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
Seems sus.

Non-zero chance this stealership is trying to take this order from under you and mark it up as a stock unit.

Sponsored

weebee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport, 2019 Subaru Forester limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How can a dealer cancel an order after it has been placed. Did you get the confirmation e-mail when the order was placed? I'd be making a phone call ASAP.

OP
OP
Go get it

Go get it

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Grand Caravan GT
So for clarity- yes there are many crappy dealers (a rock is more communicative than my dealer), but your dealer didn't cancel your order, you did?
I wanted the matching canopy, Canada is not getting the snug top so they cancel the order, the truck was order by dealership not me. I just purchased it from them. Because I cant get the canopy they closed the deal and washed their hands of it.

OP
OP
Go get it

Go get it

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Grand Caravan GT
How can a dealer cancel an order after it has been placed. Did you get the confirmation e-mail when the order was placed? I'd be making a phone call ASAP.
Dealer order not me.

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
Looks like he's in Canada. I hear the ordering process is different up there and all communication, including the confirmation email, is through the dealer. He is 100% reliant on the dealer for information it seems. Makes an already bad situation seem extremely fishy.

From what I understand though, Canadian vehicles cannot be marked above MSRP, so them "cancelling" your order just to mark it up and sell it shouldn't be a situation you have to worry about.

What is more likely is they did not submit your order correctly and rather than owning up to their mistake, they are blaming Ford "cancelling" your order.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Go get it

Go get it

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Grand Caravan GT
Seems sus.

Non-zero chance this stealership is trying to take this order from under you and mark it up as a stock unit.
Of coarse they are they used the canopy as the excuse to kill the deal they had already marked up the MSRP by 20% anyway.

OP
OP
Go get it

Go get it

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Grand Caravan GT
Looks like he's in Canada. I hear the ordering process is different up there and all communication, including the confirmation email, is through the dealer. He is 100% reliant on the dealer for information it seems. Makes an already bad situation seem extremely fishy.

From what I understand though, Canadian vehicles cannot be marked above MSRP, so them "cancelling" your order just to mark it up and sell it shouldn't be a situation you have to worry about.

What is more likely is they did not submit your order correctly and rather than owning up to their mistake, they are blaming Ford "cancelling" your order.
20% mark up was charged on this truck.

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
20% mark up was charged on this truck.
I thought I saw another thread where someone else from Canada was saying that is illegal up there. Maybe only in that region??

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought I saw another thread where someone else from Canada was saying that is illegal up there. Maybe only in that region??
I saw a few posts saying that. I also saw a few posts from other Canadians refuting that. Further stating that dealer markups are quite common in BC.

djb_rh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You’re in Canada, not Outer Mongolia. Buy the truck and then order a top from the closest US dealer and drive over and get it. Doesn’t seem like that would be that hard….
Sponsored