David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered a 2023 XLT Hybrid from a dealer I trust on Friday. On Saturday, I get phone calls from two other dealers that knew my order number and tried to hijack my order - now I'm not sure my order actually made it to Ford. The original dealer said I would get an official email from Ford in two days (I'm assuming two business days) . . . Has anyone else had a similar issue?
Sponsored

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The original dealer said I would get an official email from Ford in two days (I'm assuming two business days) . . . Has anyone else had a similar issue?
My sales person back in November said I'd get an email soon after ordering from Ford, and I called the Ford marketing dept several times over several months and verified my email and was told repeatedly I'd receive emails from Ford, but I did not receive 1 email from Ford ever! And no they were not in my junk mail, but I did get my Mav on 8-1 which is all that matters.

Emails don't seem to mean jack squat, but getting hard copies of ROVPs, DORAs, order summary/forms, driver license verification forms, etc. and calling the Ford marketing dept. to make sure Ford has all the needed documents on file under your name and address are great indications you'll get your mav.

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How did the other dealers know your order number?

OP
OP
dhill59

dhill59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

@RockHoundTX - My thoughts exactly . . . how did they know? One of them told me that I had applied on-line??

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you may be mixing up a few things. If you did the online builder on the Ford website, it sends your build data to one or more dealers. This is no more than a "marketing deal generator" and just lets Ford and its dealers know that you are potentially interested in a Maverick. A dealer then calls you up, discusses the terms and pricing of your build, and once you agree, then officially enters the order with Ford in a system called WEBDO (or WBDO?). When they place the order, the dealer makes up an order number (think of it as a PIN) that is specific to their dealership. One dealer may use "Last letter of dealer name + the number of orders they made that month" while another dealer may use "First letter of the month plus last three digits of the buyer's phone number". Your order at Ford is then tied to this Order Number plus a special Dealer Number code that is specific to each dealer's location. Whenever you call Ford or use Ford Chat, these are the two things they will ask for in order to check on the status of your order.
Sponsored