TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
SO MUCH FOR MY NEW TRUCK DUE TO ARRIVE END OF MARCH DEALER CANCEL ORDER AS IN CANADA WE CANT GET SNUG TOP CANOPY GOT REFUNDED AND EVERY THING NEVER WILL DEAL WITH ISLAND FORD, ON VACOUVER ISLAND AGAIN.
Ford Maverick DEALER CANCELS MY ORDER 1644453851282

ok boomer

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In Googling pretty extensively, I could not find a Canada Federal regulation limiting to MSRP. In fact, I found lots of sites that reference above MSRP sales in Canada. It appears to be regulated on a Provincial level.

Ontario seems to have the most stringent regulations. But it still does not limit to MSRP. The Ontario law says no dealer can charge more than their advertised price. So, no last minute shanenaigans trying to increase the cost based on the customer and how much then can get out of them.

https://www.omvic.on.ca/portal/Consumers/ConsumerProtection/AllInPricing.aspx

The manufacturer can charge what they want to for MSRP. The dealer is not bound by the manufacturer's advertised price. Only their own advertisements. In theory, OMVIC wouldn't get involved with a dealer complaint of charging 25% over MSRP, so long as they do not advertise any pricing on that model anywhere.

I did find lots of investigations and consequences though where the Ontario regulator (OMVIC) went after dealers for charging above advertised price.

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Toll-Free Number:
  • (800) 565-3673
    Ford of Canada
  • (800) 241-3673
    Ford Canada
    Customer Service

Sponsored

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So many people make such hasty decisions instead of thinking things through and coming up with solutions. Seriously. Walk outside and get air... Think about options and how to handle it.

RogueCheddar

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT Lux EB 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Haha totally agree. To be fair though, youre missing some commas 😏

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You’re in Canada, not Outer Mongolia. Buy the truck and then order a top from the closest US dealer and drive over and get it. Doesn’t seem like that would be that hard….
Its not. Lol being in canada… i can confirm we do indeed have access to aftermarket vehicle accessories… i have a feeling even outer mongolians do as well

Sponsored

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wanted the matching canopy, Canada is not getting the snug top so they cancel the order, the truck was order by dealership not me. I just purchased it from them. Because I cant get the canopy they closed the deal and washed their hands of it.
So you mean you bought a truck off of incoming inventory. You didnt special order. That changes everything lol basically what happened is you put a deposit on incoming inventory, then when you found out you cant get your canopy you retracted your order…. Unless you mean the dealer cancelled your order since they couldnt fulfill the canopy part, meaning youd have to start the process over again and the other variables can change.

Either way… i think you just need to take a bath or something to calm down lol nobody hurt you. You have all your original moneybucks. Sheesh.

flyfishmich

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse
So many people make such hasty decisions instead of thinking things through and coming up with solutions. Seriously. Walk outside and get air... Think about options and how to handle it.

It's easier to rant in all-caps on a message board.

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wanted the matching canopy, Canada is not getting the snug top so they cancel the order, the truck was order by dealership not me. I just purchased it from them. Because I cant get the canopy they closed the deal and washed their hands of it.
There is a supply issue with the Snug Top caps. You would have been better off simply removing that from the truck order as it would only delay production.

I ran into the same issue on my second order and was told just to get it later. I would not cancel my truck order over not being able to get the cap/topper.

jons

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's easier to rant in all-caps on a message board.
It does feel a lot better when I can feel like I am screaming out my frustrations on a board.
Sponsored