Did the dealer steal my order?

arghhh40k

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Ordered a Hybrid Lariat Aug 17th, and got the order confirmation email from Ford and all the "update" emails up to the March one saying they were still trying to build it. Have my order # and dealer code so called in to check with the Ford Maverick delivery center number and they can't find it. Back and forth with the dealer, they are telling me Ford canceled my order since they can't build it because of the "chip shortage".
I call Ford back and talk to a pretty knowledgeable guy, he checks everything he can and verifies the portal order and all my details. His computer says the truck was delivered over 30 days ago and is completed. Unfortunately, they can't pull VINs after 30 days. They also said they have not postponed or canceled any orders for 2022. He was going to file a complaint against the dealer on my behalf and said to try to get the contact for the Regional Ford rep to file a complaint as well.

So I have a confirmed order from Ford that they show as completed and the dealer telling me Ford canceled it and I need to order again from scratch for 2023.

Did the dealer change my contact info on my order and sell my truck out from under me? Looking at their showroom they are not afraid of "Market Adjustments".

I have a call with the General Manager tomorrow to find out what is going on.

This is Montrose Ford in Akron, OH.
Sponsored

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Omg! Definitely sounds shady to me! I hope you get the truth

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered a Hybrid Lariat Aug 17th, and got the order confirmation email from Ford and all the "update" emails up to the March one saying they were still trying to build it. Have my order # and dealer code so called in to check with the Ford Maverick delivery center number and they can't find it. Back and forth with the dealer, they are telling me Ford canceled my order since they can't build it because of the "chip shortage".
I call Ford back and talk to a pretty knowledgeable guy, he checks everything he can and verifies the portal order and all my details. His computer says the truck was delivered over 30 days ago and is completed. Unfortunately, they can't pull VINs after 30 days. They also said they have not postponed or canceled any orders for 2022. He was going to file a complaint against the dealer on my behalf and said to try to get the contact for the Regional Ford rep to file a complaint as well.

So I have a confirmed order from Ford that they show as completed and the dealer telling me Ford canceled it and I need to order again from scratch for 2023.

Did the dealer change my contact info on my order and sell my truck out from under me? Looking at their showroom they are not afraid of "Market Adjustments".

I have a call with the General Manager tomorrow to find out what is going on.

This is Montrose Ford in Akron, OH.
Sounds like it!
Did you get a VIN from the Ford scheduling email? I can check and see if it has been reported sold.

OP
OP

arghhh40k

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Sounds like it!
Did you get a VIN from the Ford scheduling email? I can check and see if it has been reported sold.
I did not get a VIN, the last email I got was from Ford on March 18th saying they are still working on it.

That is why I think they may have changed the contact info on the order.

Ford Maverick Did the dealer steal my order? 1653421560603

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sure sounds fishy....let us know how the meeting goes.

Wish I could be the fly on the wall for that one!

Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did not get a VIN, the last email I got was from Ford on March 18th saying they are still working on it.

That is why I think they may have changed the contact info on the order.

1653421560603.png
Hmmmm that is possible. No way I can help out with our a VIN. Sorry about that!

It is possible to change the email on a scheduled order. I just checked (but didn't change any!)

If it wasn't scheduled in mid March, I don't think it is possible that it could have been built, shipped and delivered a month prior to now.

My Maverick was scheduled in late January (and the scheduled date moved a few times). It was built in early April. And got to the dealer a month later.

No orders have been cancelled by Ford. So certainly do check in with the dealer and see what's going on. Hopefully your Maverick is still on the way!!

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would be fucking pissed. Screw the call, I wouid be down there with the copys of CS saying it was sold 30 days ago. They straight up got you. Any deposit?

OP
OP

arghhh40k

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
I would be fucking pissed. Screw the call, I wouid be down there with the copys of CS saying it was sold 30 days ago. They straight up got you. Any deposit?
Yeah $500 deposit. We will see tomorrow what the GM says.

Like KevCuRaoi mentioned the timeline is a little short so maybe it's just a different order number than the one I got last August. I asked for a new screenshot of the program that shows the order but they won't do it. I don't trust the salesperson and his misinformation, he doesn't really know anything and just wants me to stop asking hard questions.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Did the dealer steal my order?
Yes they did. Sorry to hear you had such a crappy experience with Ford and their network of dealerships. While you hear a lot of stories like this on the the internet PLEASE keep in mind that a larger percentage of Ford dealers don't practice this type of behavior.

JG307

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If it wasn't scheduled in mid March, I don't think it is possible that it could have been built, shipped and delivered a month prior to now.
Everyone is too quick to jump on the dealership here. Everyone got that email saying "we're still working on your order" and it basically meant you hadn't even been scheduled yet. If your Ford representative said it was delivered a month ago, that means it would have to have been scheduled, built, and completed transit in five weeks. Pretty much impossible.

While it would seem unlikely that you are having a miscommunication with both the dealership and Ford customer service, there's so much bad info and verbage floating around out there, I think this is what's happening.

The customer service representative is either somehow misreading the information he's looking at, or he's looking at the wrong order. Double check your order/sales codes. I was going off a scanned and emailed copy of my build sheet and had to zoom in all the way to see that an "8" was in fact a "B".

The dealership just has no idea what's going on. Maybe your salesman was told that some orders were being rolled to 2023 and in their mind that means late orders for 2022MY were "cancelled". Many salespeople are no good at logistics or even information synthesis. Their livelihood is literally to just get people to sign a dotted line.

Get in touch with Ford again and see if a different rep has different answers. If you have the correct codes off your build sheet, I suspect they'll say you're still in order processing.

Sponsored

Sivart

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
I was looking forward to hearing how this played out...

OP
OP

arghhh40k

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Quick update, the GM was not available so left a message and of course no callback. Looks like I am taking a trip to the dealership tomorrow.
Sponsored