First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I tried to place an order with them for a ‘23 on Friday morning after finding out my ‘22 was scheduled for production and can’t be modified. Kinda bummed since we wanted to up our trim level and get the black appearance package so we decided we wanted to order a ‘23 as well.

The salesman drug his feet despite reaching out to him twice that day. Now with the order banks closed on hybrids I won’t get one. Beyond irritated. Complained to the Manager who pointed out he already had people in line, I didn’t mind waiting as I’d already have the 22’, but now I can’t even get an order in. Manager said he’d call Ford to see if anything could be done. He never called back.

I want to go down to the dealership to raise hell, but I know their hands are tied now too. Any recommendations of possible options or am I just totally SOL on a ‘23?
Sponsored

BClubb352

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I could be totally wrong about this, but it is my interpretation that orders are closed for CUSTOMER orders. There should come a time where dealers are allowed to place orders for dealer stock, but it sounds like the customer orders ate up the entire year's allocation for hybrids. Might be SOL for a 23 hybrid unless you happen to stumble on stock somewhere from a cancelled order (customer backed out, couldn't get financing, died, whatever).

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At least you have your '22 in production...

OP
OP
Ohmss

Ohmss

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I could be totally wrong about this, but it is my interpretation that orders are closed for CUSTOMER orders. There should come a time where dealers are allowed to place orders for dealer stock, but it sounds like the customer orders ate up the entire year's allocation for hybrids. Might be SOL for a 23 hybrid unless you happen to stumble on stock somewhere from a cancelled order (customer backed out, couldn't get financing, died, whatever).
Yeah I’m thinking out of luck at this point.

At least you have your '22 in production...
I’m aware, but at this point it is with less features than I’d like. So mad at the dealer for dropping the ball, but there’s nothing they can do to make it right.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They closed the order book for customers. Dealers will still be able to order units for the lot (which you know they will take deposits on in advance). I'd try to find a dealer that will use one of their allocations for the lot to order one to your specifications. But given that Ford is only planning on building 35% hybrids for 2023 and 80% of the customer orders for 2023 were hybrids, I'm guessing that most of the future dealer allocations will be EB only. But it doesn't hurt to call around
Sponsored