22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
This is about common sense. Plain and simple. If Ford indicates they could build your Maverick if you had not added on an accessory like a tonneau cover, common sense says most folks would want their truck built and have that accessory back-ordered. No tears shed, just scratching heads.
I completely get what you're saying, but Ford can't possibly anticipate the demand for every single accessory. Common sense, at least to me, is that if I want my Maverick as soon as possible, I should order it with as few accessories as possible. Anything and everything that I can add after delivery, I will do so.

I do understand what you're saying though. If someone has an order with a tonneua cover that Ford is completely out of at the moment, it'd be splendid for Ford to tell them that they are out of stock and when they plan to get more, thus giving the person the option to remove and still get their Maverick, or wait it out knowing when to anticipate Ford sourcing the part.

It'd be even better if Ford just told us exactly how many of each accessory they have, how many they are short by, when they plan to get more; that'd be fantastic, but that just cannot and will not happen, ever.
Sponsored

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Totally understood. I just think common sense would dictate that certain accessories should be tagged by the manufacturer as items that should not hold up a build. A tonneau cover should be classified differently than something like a control module for the engine.

They are but it changes from week to week. The dealers(good ones) will tell you what will hold up a build. My dealer told me on my initial order what would hold it up. and that was July 20. The better your relationship with the dealer the more time he will invest in you.

Deleted member 1370

They are but it changes from week to week. The dealers(good ones) will tell you what will hold up a build. My dealer told me on my initial order what would hold it up. and that was July 20. The better your relationship with the dealer the more time he will invest in you.
I do agree with that. A really in the know dealer and good dealer will tell you what is gonna hold it up or not. Mine did not, didnt know of any constraints of any kind even with rapid red, nothing. I found out all the info here. I bet they wont say it as well since they want that extra dough made on the options. No matter how small it may be. But I agree with you on a really good dealer will keep you in the know. Communication with mine has been like pulling teeth but i already have a confirmed order and the dealer is in town so im gonna have to just stick it out.

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh, 100%. I just assume we have to wait so long because we're awesome. That must be the reason, right?...
Absolutely.... we'll have the most vetted 2022 version by the time we receive them in June. 🤣

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
I completely get what you're saying, but Ford can't possibly anticipate the demand for every single accessory. Common sense, at least to me, is that if I want my Maverick as soon as possible, I should order it with as few accessories as possible. Anything and everything that I can add after delivery, I will do so.

I do understand what you're saying though. If someone has an order with a tonneua cover that Ford is completely out of at the moment, it'd be splendid for Ford to tell them that they are out of stock and when they plan to get more, thus giving the person the option to remove and still get their Maverick, or wait it out knowing when to anticipate Ford sourcing the part.

It'd be even better if Ford just told us exactly how many of each accessory they have, how many they are short by, when they plan to get more; that'd be fantastic, but that just cannot and will not happen, ever.
It's intriguing to me as well, because I cannot imagine they install something like a tonneau cover at the factory. I would guess it would be shipped with the truck in a box for the dealer to install since you wouldn't want tack-on accessories like that to get damaged in transit. If it is shipped in a box not installed, they would already be admitting it is not part of normal production.

Sponsored

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
So please tell us in detail how you would manage this whole effort from inception to manufacturing to sales to give a better outcome? I will give you a head start by telling you it is a company valued at about $140+ billion, with a market cap value of around $50 billion.

Your company (Ford) has been looking into how to reinvent itself and increase overall profitability and decided to focus on trucks. (BTW-GM divested itself of Saturn and Pontiac to focus on fewer brands) Your company (decided to play to your strength and dominate the truck market. The F-Series is going fine. so the company needs to refine and also define other markets. Your market research shows there is an untapped need for a smaller utility vehicle. the company has decided to move forward and build a truck that will not cannibalize sales from the Ranger, but create a totally different market segment that the company wishes to dominate from the beginning. You are half way in and a global pandemic occurs.

Mr. James St. Patrick, please present your revised plan to the board so not one customer will be upset with our process.
Goal #1 create a new market
Goal #2 dominate that market from the beginning

Oh, BTW #2 The Uniform Commercial Code(UCC) has a stipulation that if a vendor sends you a shipment in which some are faulty or not up to specifications, the whole lot has to be shipped back. You can not "cherry pick" the parts that are acceptable.
Relax Francis because it is not that serious.

Ford Maverick Current 2022 Maverick Commodities / Constraints as of Aug 30 B4C92266-12B5-4939-B4C8-356C65FF9F58

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The term "Let's say" is clearly setting up an example. It is a teaching method. No where did I say something like "Since there is a conversion rate of ##%". True teaching methods give the opportunity to learn how to think rather than relying on others to tell them what to think.
So making stuff up is a teaching moment. Lol.

You don't actually have any idea what any of those numbers are, so you just made some up to support whatever point you were trying to make.

Well, okay then. I feel schooled.

BARTMAVERICK

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I haven't read through the 18 pages of this thread and I am sure it came up already few times: The actual reason I started to look into the Maverick was because my ordered Bronco was most probably not going to arrive until mid-end of next year and I was looking for another car to bridge the gap. The internet sales manager told me about this great truck and that the availability is not going to be an issue and I should receive mine around September/October when I order beginning august. I really liked liked this truck and ordered one right away not knowing is going to be another disappointment. So this is the second car they are going to ef up for me!! I don't care pandemic or no pandemic, the launch was planned during the pandemic and by having the pandemic in mind. I am glad I didn't buy any Ford stocks because if this is another Bronco style mess, the wall street is not going to like it.
Same circumstances for me. I ordered the Maverick until I can get my reserved (8/29/20) Bronco Wildtrak with a body colored hard top which now won't be available until 2023.

ElectricCity8

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14’ Explorer limited 01’ GMC 2500hd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you are in Canada they are a dealer installed option if you are in US it's factory installed.
Not according to my dealer. Said all these bed covers on any vehicle they sell they install.

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not according to my dealer. Said all these bed covers on any vehicle they sell they install.
They are not lying you can have them install any ford accessory at a cost. If you look on the US order guide it doesn't show DIO next to them like some items do but the Canadian order guide does show DIO

Sponsored

olie64

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They are not lying you can have them install any ford accessory at a cost. If you look on the US order guide it doesn't show DIO next to them like some items do but the Canadian order guide does show DIO

That what my dealer said...drop the bed liner and we can install it later.

Milkaholics

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Pathfinder, Toyota Camry
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How can you have a better relationship with a dealer if this is your first new car and we can't go through anyone else but a dealer? Dealers should be more invested in the relationship so that they can make a sale. As well, dealers should especially make greater efforts with new customers so they can get repeat business.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same for me, I went to the dealership a few weeks back and the salesman told me 8-10 weeks so I believed him (I also believe in Santa Claus)reserved & ordered and now I see I'll be lucky to get it by spring??? Are the dealers that dishonest or that misinformed?
Go with the misinformed, you'll have less aggravation that way. :)

AK ADQ

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Liberty 2010 Dodge Journey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Im guessing my maverick with the spray in bed liner and cover will be my Christmas present to me. Not changing any options.
Sponsored