jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The number of recalls stinks, however, this is one if the reasons I came back to Ford.... They're making it right.
Maybe hold off on the "remedy" for 23S27 before drawing that conclusion after what they tried to get away with for 22S47...
Sponsored

jeffrol48197

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Explorer, 2009 Focus, 2019 Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The number of recalls stinks, however, this is one if the reasons I came back to Ford.... They're making it right.
I agree whole-heartedly...One of my biggest concerns is they never did anything about this cable for us early builds - it makes me feel better that this known issue will get addressed...I just don't like the expiration date of one year from now, why not leave it open for 2 years? I already called me dealership and they have my cable on order for my truck :)

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just saw this posted by Tommy on another site. I searched here and haven’t seen it posted yet.

IMG_0939.jpeg
This has been going on since the first hybrids were delivered. Ford's refusal to recall them before people were left stranded on the road was an example of how not to treat your customers. Which led me to sell mt hybrid and buy from a manufacturer that treats their customers better. Never again will I buy a Ford.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This has been going on since the first hybrids were delivered. Ford's refusal to recall them before people were left stranded on the road was an example of how not to treat your customers. Which led me to sell mt hybrid and buy from a manufacturer that treats their customers better. Never again will I buy a Ford.
Still not a recall, it's just a "customer satisfaction program" that expires next year. No demonstration/delivery hold, Ford just recommends that dealers do this first. They're offering to perform this service for your satisfaction, not because they're admitting there's a defect...

Sponsored

Bobbydontchaknow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now if they would address the shudder/vibration/rumble sensation from ice to electric mode…

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Still not a recall, it's just a "customer satisfaction program" that expires next year. No demonstration/delivery hold, Ford just recommends that dealers do this first. They're offering to perform this service for your satisfaction, not because they're admitting there's a defect...
It should be imo. I realize it's not all, but its sad what many hybrid owners have had to go thru and are still going thru on their vehicles. Hopefully soon all the bugs will be worked out. It's a mystery to me, some have no problems, some are like plagued, I wonder sometimes if its just luck of the draw on which suppliers parts are in the bin. Regardless, in the end, there great little trucks.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It should be imo. I realize it's not all, but its sad what many hybrid owners have had to go thru and are still going thru on their vehicles. Hopefully soon all the bugs will be worked out. It's a mystery to me, some have no problems, some are like plagued, I wonder sometimes if its just luck of the draw on which suppliers parts are in the bin. Regardless, in the end, there great little trucks.
That's what I'm saying - it really should be a proper recall. A recall is taken more seriously than a CSP. Instead, it's treated as optional, but at least the CSP means everyone can get the harness repaired before they run into issues. The CSP only lasts 1 year but it's better to get it closed out sooner than later.

Last edited:

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
La Da Da
La Da Da Da
La Da Da Da
La Da Da Da
La Da Da Da Da Da Da
I was gonna go to work, but then my Maverick died
I jumped it off, and then it caught fire
because it got hot
I got fired from my job, and I know why.....
becuse it was a Maverick Hybrid
La Da Da Da Da Da Da
Well one In every crowd

Sponsored

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick is a new model, manufactured in the midst of a pandemic. That there has been a slew of issues crop up is no surprise. There are many suppliers of parts from around the globe, many of whom have had quality control degraded with worker shortages, etc.

While this is recall/CSP #4 for my Maverick, along with one manufacturing oversight, I remain impressed by the truck.

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The Maverick is a new model, manufactured in the midst of a pandemic. That there has been a slew of issues crop up is no surprise. There are many suppliers of parts from around the globe, many of whom have had quality control degraded with worker shortages, etc.

While this is recall/CSP #4 for my Maverick, along with one manufacturing oversight, I remain impressed by the truck.
So what you're saying is that this is the worst possible time to have bought the Maverick?

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Better late than never.

Fortunately production was fixed last year, so only 21k early units are affected. If you have one of those units, just go get it done. Then we can finally consign this issue to history.