Sponsored

Crutchfield research on the non B&O system incoming...

MavVa1024

First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Nissan Kicks
Research team just finished up with work on my XLT with Lux and 4K. The Lux and 4K won't affect the audio system though. Should have wiring info, speaker measurements, etc. up on the site in the coming days. This should help with what speakers will fit, and what wires can be used to for amplifier installs as well. Hoping that some integration modules will be coming out in the next bit as well, but that is on the manufacturers.
Sponsored

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll be waiting for the B&O numbers :)

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you. Iā€™m itching to buy speakers now!

OP
OP

MavVa1024

First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Nissan Kicks
I'll be waiting for the B&O numbers :)
Not sure when they will have the full measurements for the B&O, as someone with that system has to let them do the research. "Premium" OEM systems can be a pain to work on/upgrade due to crossover networks, OEM tuning, and odd speaker impedances. A lot of the fitment for the standard speaker locations will be the same between systems, but the B&O amp and any additional speakers, or odd impedance issues won't be part of the research garnered from my truck. Looking forward to putting an actual system in the truck. I'm working on getting the install featured in an upcoming seasonal catalog, and sponsored. I'm gunna put the best system I can get sponsored in with sound deadening, hopefully full DSP, amps, speakers, and subs.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure when they will have the full measurements for the B&O, as someone with that system has to let them do the research. "Premium" OEM systems can be a pain to work on/upgrade due to crossover networks, OEM tuning, and odd speaker impedances. A lot of the fitment for the standard speaker locations will be the same between systems, but the B&O amp and any additional speakers, or odd impedance issues won't be part of the research garnered from my truck. Looking forward to putting an actual system in the truck. I'm working on getting the install featured in an upcoming seasonal catalog, and sponsored. I'm gunna put the best system I can get sponsored in with sound deadening, hopefully full DSP, amps, speakers, and subs.
I am waiting too, I do want to upgrade the door speakers, probably with Power Bass ones, but I want to make sure I am getting the right ones & no wire cutting involved.

Sponsored

OP
OP

MavVa1024

First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Nissan Kicks
I am waiting too, I do want to upgrade the door speakers, probably with Power Bass ones, but I want to make sure I am getting the right ones & no wire cutting involved.
So, the door woofers and rear speakers will almost definitely have a harness, even if not right away. The dash tweeters... 50/50. often times tweeters are a hardwire swap. Powerbass will do ok. From what I gather there will be fitment options aplenty. If you are not wanting to add an amp, I'd go with higher sensitivity speakers such as infinity reference, Polk DBs, maybe some Hertz or Focals even. Once the fitment info is all loaded into the database, we will know what speakers fit, whether brackets are needed, etc.

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think Ive seen that bronco sport ring adapters and wire harnesses work but not 100% sure. I'll be looking for front door upgraded speakers when my XLT ever gets built and delivered but I'm no audio expert. Have bought aftermarket speakers on a couple previous vehicles on factory head units and it killed any bass that the factory speakers provided so I don't want to make that mistake again. I think the weak factory head unit power output from the factory head unit in the maverick could benefit from a 4 channel amp and better speakers but Ive never tried to install one in the past. Going to HS in the early 90s all we worried about was a homemade box with a couple subs in the back and an amp on our limited budgets to make as much boom as possible.....haha. Now Im happy with just some good overall sound

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, the door woofers and rear speakers will almost definitely have a harness, even if not right away. The dash tweeters... 50/50. often times tweeters are a hardwire swap. Powerbass will do ok. From what I gather there will be fitment options aplenty. If you are not wanting to add an amp, I'd go with higher sensitivity speakers such as infinity reference, Polk DBs, maybe some Hertz or Focals even. Once the fitment info is all loaded into the database, we will know what speakers fit, whether brackets are needed, etc.
Do you think we are ok just swapping the front speakers themselves out (with the speakers from a component set), or do we need to run the crossover from the component set also? Or another way, how are the factory speakers crossed over in the front?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you think we are ok just swapping the front speakers themselves out (with the speakers from a component set), or do we need to run the crossover from the component set also? Or another way, how are the factory speakers crossed over in the front?
The stock speakers just use filtering caps on the tweeters. So if your aftermarket tweeters don't have bass blockers better to use the crossovers that probably come with the component set or add filters to avoid damaging the tweeters.

Sponsored

2016BoostedGreyGoose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 CC XLT, 21 F150 RCSB, 22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No need to wait for this. I have a Lariat Lux with the 8 speaker B&O and I just installed a set of speakers from Focal that I bought from Crutchfield. 6 1/2" for the doors and 1" tweeters for the dash. I also bought Morel 4" for the rear but haven't installed them yet.
Doors and dash were 100% PnP with NO wires cut or any other crazy stuff. It is considerable cleaner with nice bass response compared to the crap I pulled out. An external amp is planned as they still suffer from the necessity of additional power to truly make them "sing" but they are very musical. At the time I bought mine, a few days ago, the Maverick was not listed information wise as to what fits where. Even the bolt pattern was 100% and the tweeters snapped in exactly the same as the oem tweeters.... I went with these because I used the same system, but in a 6x9, for my 2021 F150 single cab with the same greatness and ease of install.

Ford Maverick Crutchfield research on the non B&O system incoming... 20220902_183848

Ford Maverick Crutchfield research on the non B&O system incoming... 20220902_183613

Ford Maverick Crutchfield research on the non B&O system incoming... 20220902_183933

Ford Maverick Crutchfield research on the non B&O system incoming... 20220902_183946

Ford Maverick Crutchfield research on the non B&O system incoming... 20220902_184302

Ford Maverick Crutchfield research on the non B&O system incoming... 20220903_123554

Ford Maverick Crutchfield research on the non B&O system incoming... 20220903_124223

Ford Maverick Crutchfield research on the non B&O system incoming... 20220903_124210

Ford Maverick Crutchfield research on the non B&O system incoming... 20220903_123703

Ford Maverick Crutchfield research on the non B&O system incoming... 20220903_123935

Last edited:

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No need to wait for this. I have a Lariat Lux with the 8 speaker B&O and I just installed a set of speakers from Focal that I bought from Crutchfield. 6 1/2" for the doors and 1" tweeters for the dash. I also bought Morel 4" for the rear but haven't installed them yet.
Doors and dash were 100% PnP with NO wires cut or any other crazy stuff. It it considerable cleaner with nice bass response compared to the crap I pulled out. An e ternary amp is planned as they still suffer from the necessity of additional power but they are very musical. At the time I bought mine, a few days ago, the Maverick was not listed information wise. Even the bolt pattern was 100% and the tweeters snapped in exactly the same as the oem tweeters.... I went with these because I used the say system, but in a 6x9, for my 2021 F150 single cab with the same greatness and ease of install.

20220902_183848.jpg

20220902_183613.jpg

20220902_183933.jpg

20220902_183946.jpg

20220902_184302.jpg

20220903_123554.jpg

20220903_124223.jpg

20220903_124210.jpg

20220903_123703.jpg

20220903_123935.jpg
Hell yeah, dude. Thanks for the info. Iā€™ll definitely be using an amplifier as itā€™s a key, must have component in a good system.

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Research team just finished up with work on my XLT with Lux and 4K. The Lux and 4K won't affect the audio system though. Should have wiring info, speaker measurements, etc. up on the site in the coming days. This should help with what speakers will fit, and what wires can be used to for amplifier installs as well. Hoping that some integration modules will be coming out in the next bit as well, but that is on the manufacturers.
I believe this item is plug and play for the front door speakers :

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-ek3mb...YJ2a8RzGfdVoSeeekUS0LMwZzTKcvOCsaAjC1EALw_wcB

2016BoostedGreyGoose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 CC XLT, 21 F150 RCSB, 22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe this item is plug and play for the front door speakers :

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-ek3mb...YJ2a8RzGfdVoSeeekUS0LMwZzTKcvOCsaAjC1EALw_wcB
This is pretty similar to the Focal set I shared....same frame work. Differences being tweeter material (which effects sound brightness/harsness), frequency response, woofer material (which effects bass response/extension, sensitivity (a higher number here means the speaker is more efficient with the available power and thus plays a lil louder and protection. The Focals have inline crossover caps on both the woofer and tweeter, irrc the powerbass only uses inline caps on the tweeter. For the price and same installation the Powerbass may appeal to more people, however if you able to demo both side by side, it becomes clear why the Focals cost more.

OP
OP

MavVa1024

First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Nissan Kicks
Hell yeah, dude. Thanks for the info. Iā€™ll definitely be using an amplifier as itā€™s a key, must have component in a good system.
Yep, I figured the ford specific focals, powerbass, and similar systems would fit PnP. The manufacturers haven't listed them officially for the Maverick, so we can't technically either. The corporate and marketing beauracracy takes a bit of time. Good research on your end though! Those focals are a solid option for sure. I'm eyeing a JL Audio C2 set up, with components up front, and 4 " in the back with an amp (still undecided) and then an 8" Kicker bass tube will fit under either side (or both šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜) of the rear seat virtually perfectly. My ears prefer the dynamic midrange offered by the C2 line, as well as the smooth treble extension of the silk tweeters. A hefty amount of dynamat and a hood liner for noise isolation and reduction, and Europe '72 will sound fantastic. āš”āš”āš”
Sponsored