sk8masta88

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am wondering if anyone has submitted any research to Crutchfield regarding the radio and speakers? Seems like this site has it all, and I have upgraded all of my speakers, but I do not want to step on anyone's toes if they already had submitted or were in the midst of submitting information to Crutchfield.
Sponsored

liveshot

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mazda Miata , 2022 VW Taos, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am wondering if anyone has submitted any research to Crutchfield regarding the radio and speakers? Seems like this site has it all, and I have upgraded all of my speakers, but I do not want to step on anyone's toes if they already had submitted or were in the midst of submitting information to Crutchfield.
I have spoken to several incredibly helpful techs over at Crutchfield. There is a reason they cannot make suggestions or have installation instructions for the Maverick. They typically get a vehicle in their shop and do a sort of tear down to figure out what heads, speakers, amps, etc will fit into a specific model. Since they haven't been able to get their hands on one (go figure!) they cannot offer anything Maverick. They did (jokingly, I'm sure) ask me if they could use mine.. If anyone is in the Charlottesville area and would volunteer their Mav, you would be doing all on the MTC a huge favor !

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One thing that would have been very helpful for me is if Crutchfield or the speaker manufacturers would provide better dimensional information for component tweeters. There is a lot of info on woofer depth and protrusion, but one of the main draws for me to the Morels were the tweeters, which I was unable to use. Had I had that information when evaluating component speaker options, I would have saved myself cost and effort.

Ford Maverick Crutchfield Research Tweeter Sizes.JPG

Last edited:

jbandc122

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Isuzu Vehicross, 2004 Boxster S, 2018 Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One thing that would have been very helpful for me is if Crutchfield or the speaker manufacturers would provide better dimensional information for component tweeters. There is a lot of info on woofer depth and protrusion, but one of the main draws for me to the Morels were the tweeters, which I was unable to use. Had I had that information when evaluating component speaker options, I would have saved myself cost and effort.

Tweeter Sizes.JPG
That information would have been nice. I just dremeled my Morel tweeters in. Not pretty, but they snap in and there’s no noticeable loss in sound quality.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That information would have been nice. I just dremeled my Morel tweeters in. Not pretty, but they snap in and there’s no noticeable loss in sound quality.
That may be an option for me too. Did you modify the tweeter, the opening, or both?

Last edited:

Sponsored

jbandc122

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Isuzu Vehicross, 2004 Boxster S, 2018 Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That may be an option for me too. Did you modify the tweeter, the opening, or both?
I’m making no modifications to the truck whatsoever. I figure I can replace tweeters but not mounting points.

@sk8masta88 do you mind if I share info about tweeters and other install fitment notes in this thread? I don’t want to threadjack.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m making no modifications to the truck whatsoever. I figure I can replace tweeters but not mounting points.

@sk8masta88 do you mind if I share info about tweeters and other install fitment notes in this thread? I don’t want to threadjack.
Yeah, I didn't mean to hijack this thread, either. Topic is Crutchfield Research, we can discuss tweeter mounting elsewhere. My apologies.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Tweeter Sizes.JPG
Thanks for the info. It will help with a final choice of component speakers for the front.

Oops, sorry didn't read all the posts before reacting.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking at Harman Kardon 1.75s I suppose I can grind the speaker plastic frames to fit. Is that what y'all did?

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat eco boost, Mustang Mach E , Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost