2020 GT500

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2023 Miata RF Club
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also, if not already mentioned, Costco gas is a top tier rated gasoline, so assured not cruddy.
Sponsored

Boomerang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 xl hybrid base on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Kind of a moot issue it actually happened:
  1. It was a delivery driver issue. Not a Costco issue
  2. Leaded gasoline haven't been used in the US for years.
100ll is still used in the us. Could come from the same refinery but if that’s it and the mix up went the other way and then put e85 in the avgas tank it could have killed someone

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
100ll is still used in the us. Could come from the same refinery but if that’s it and the mix up went the other way and then put e85 in the avgas tank it could have killed someone
Still not a Costco issue.

Boomerang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still not a Costco issue.
I guess it’s not Costco's fault they chose a supplier that put the wrong gas in the tanks then didn’t test it. I like Costco but any other product they sell would you defend like this? I got rotten chicken at Costco! Well it’s not their fault the supplier gave them rotten chicken. Lol
Also you are almost right about leaded gas. You said it hasn’t been used in years, it looks like it will be phased out in a few years they are trialing unleaded avgas right now.

Jackflash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E GT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For those who are Costco members & buy gas there, what are you finding as the average savings per gallon compared to your local stations? (interested in all grades of gas)

They just opened a new Costco close to me, and I'm considering a membership just to access their gas pumps, as I've heard they are consistently cheaper than regular gas stations. Just wondering if others have found this beneficial?
Until I got my Mach e last year I used Costco all the time and when my Maverick gets here I will again. Get the Citi Costco card and you get 4 percent cash back on everything you buy at Costco including gas.

Sponsored

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess it’s not Costco's fault they chose a supplier that put the wrong gas in the tanks then didn’t test it. I like Costco but any other product they sell would you defend like this? I got rotten chicken at Costco! Well it’s not their fault the supplier gave them rotten chicken. Lol
Also you are almost right about leaded gas. You said it hasn’t been used in years, it looks like it will be phased out in a few years they are trialing unleaded avgas right now.
When and where did a supplier put the wrong gas in the Costco tanks?

Boomerang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When and where did a supplier put the wrong gas in the Costco tanks?
you said even if they did it still wouldn’t be costcos fault.
Kind of a moot issue it actually happened:
  1. It was a delivery driver issue. Not a Costco issue
  2. Leaded gasoline haven't been used in the US for years.
I just pointed out that you are wrong about leaded gasoline being available and that your reasoning dosnt make sense, a retailer is responsible for the goods they sell obtained from wholesalers. Are you backtracking that if true the story still wouldn’t be costcos fault? You understand if they sold rotten meat and someone told you I don’t like to shop at Costco they have rotten meat, telling that person it’s not Costco fault it’s the supplier wouldn’t make alotnof sense right?

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those who are Costco members & buy gas there, what are you finding as the average savings per gallon compared to your local stations? (interested in all grades of gas)

They just opened a new Costco close to me, and I'm considering a membership just to access their gas pumps, as I've heard they are consistently cheaper than regular gas stations. Just wondering if others have found this beneficial?
Hell yes, pus that extra 4% cash back you get back at the end of the year adds up.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The savings at Costco are real you just need to know how to do it. Get the Citi Bank Costco Card, and just purchase what you need. Gas is usually cheaper, plus the 3% cash back helps too.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

DuffCon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do the Safeway club thing. Safeway gas is usually about 50 cents less than others and you can stack up to $1 off per gallon with rewards.

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Costco is known to have high quality gas, you will save more on premium grade if you use it. Also don't forget to pick up a chicken while your there!

Lynyrd Skynyrd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The savings at Costco are real you just need to know how to do it. Get the Citi Bank Costco Card, and just purchase what you need. Gas is usually cheaper, plus the 3% cash back helps too.
I always get Costco gas when I can. I use Chase premier freedom card gets 5% cash back and same month. Not a fan of waiting a year with a need to visit the store for their cash back.
Sponsored