First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
WHY DO AUTO MANUFACTURERS CONSIDER HOMELINK A HIGH END LUXURY ITEM IN 2022?
I would venture a guess the pandemic / supply chain issues / chip shortage probably.
Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do recent Ford Escapes/Bronco Sports have auto-dimming mirrors? If so, I wonder if that will be the best OEM-like fitting (and wiring especially?) since they share so many parts. Probably a lot more $$

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Second Link still has them. $25 after shipping is added.
There was a post earlier in this thread that had two different links. As I mentioned in an earlier reply, the first link shows the item as discontinued and unable to purchase, but the second link has no such restriction. People may have better luck landing one of these mirrors using the second link.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do recent Ford Escapes/Bronco Sports have auto-dimming mirrors? If so, I wonder if that will be the best OEM-like fitting (and wiring especially?) since they share so many parts. Probably a lot more $$
Ok so 2021 Ford Escape and 2021 Bronco Sport both share this same part for the dimming mirror.
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/body/mirrors/mirror-assy-rear-view-inner-6498223-1

There also seems to be an associated OEM pigtail assembly kit for "Interior Rear View Mirror Connector" for Bronco Sport, says not for Ford Escape
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/body/mirrors/wire-assy-7888319-1

Here's some more link dumps:
https://www.fordescape.org/threads/autodim-mirror.118911/
$150 OEM mirror from Ford Escape

I found this video interesting (it may be the same model we ordered).
3 wires needed in this example. 12v ignition, 12v constant (if you want to use homelink while vehicle is off), and ground. Some mirrors also have a reverse-gear signal interrupt wire, so the dimming turns off when you're backing up. I guess you could find the reverse light wire and follow that back. Author notes that the wiring harness may not be included.

Question:
Does this mirror we all bought come with the wiring harness?
Edit: Seems like they all come with connector and wires

Last edited:

Sponsored

II Kings 9:20

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord, X5, Genesis AWD, Pacifica, MDX hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would venture a guess the pandemic / supply chain issues / chip shortage probably.
Ordinarily this would be a factor but this foolishness has been going on for 20 years. Several Odyssey, MDX, I've owned and my 2013 Accord among many other brands don't have Homelink and my Accord is an EX-L, 1 level down from the top end Touring.
When Homelink is offered, it is often bundled in a luxury or premium package. I was just on the phone with my engineer buddy and he thinks it may have to do with high licensing fees Homelink charges the manufacturers but that's just a guess.

JohnnyBravo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
225,000 mi. Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
apparently sold out now. A friend ordered one but got an email later in the day saying they couldn't fill the order. I ordered mine the day before....fingers crossed.

Stive

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Lexus RX350, Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just ordered one from the second link listed on page one. So far so good. I got the first email that they accept the order. We’ll see if fulfilled or cancelled. Thanks for this forum. Anxious to get the Mav first though.

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered mine Saturday, no cancellation email…yet.
My order of two is also not cancelled yet. I ordered Sunday 1/16 at 6:26 PM.

The Kia site now shows: "Discontinued Product" "No longer available for purchase"

Ford Maverick Cheap auto-dimming, homelink mirror Kia Mirror.JPG

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't need to pull power from the fuse panel you can easily tap a 12v source (like the overhead lights that are right there) and splice into it. Very easy.

Can't believe the price of the mirror though. These usually go upwards of $250.
I was wondering if we tapped into the 12V light if the Homelink mirror would turn off or sap power when the car is off.

JustDoIt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon, '17 JKU Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was wondering if we tapped into the 12V light if the Homelink mirror would turn off or sap power when the car is off.
In my previous cars with Homelink, I don't believe the homelink worked when car was off or not in "accessory" mode. It feels like if the dome light turns off after time if left on, then this would be a safe bet. If the dome light could be left on (and stay on all night) then probably not the ideal spot.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It may. Since I'm Mavless at the moment I haven't given it much thought but I will dive into it when my Mav arrives unless someone else does before me.

I would think worst case scenario (and still not preferable) is that the vehicle would sense a drain and cut power before it impacted the battery but who knows.
Sponsored