Poyter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150 XLT, FX4, Space White
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've read the original post by CLH917. I got my mirror from a scrap yard from a 2014 KIA Optima. The back of my mirror (model numbers) matched up to other ones from the thread but actual mount is longer and has a wire connector at the end. I was wondering if anyone had installed one like mine pictured below yet? Will i need to cut around the black box above the mirror to mount this one? Any suggestions or should i return it and find one with a smaller mount?

Ford Maverick Auto-Dimming Homelink KIA mirror IMG_6074

Ford Maverick Auto-Dimming Homelink KIA mirror IMG_6075

Ford Maverick Auto-Dimming Homelink KIA mirror IMG_6076

Ford Maverick Auto-Dimming Homelink KIA mirror IMG_6077
Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine was a different model, a Gentex 453: Auto-dimming with Homelink and the Orange Compass.

They are on eBay now for about $45; Search for " HomeLink Rear View Mirror Gentex 453 Auto Dim Orange Compass"

Its a simple 3-wire install: Red/Yellow/Black. Red is always-on (if you want HomeLink available even when vehicle is off), Yellow is ignition-on for the Autodimming, and black is ground. Easy wiring.

I had to put a small notch in the cover (dremel to notch enough for the wiring).

I would remove the cover and see if that mirror with that mount will fit. The cover is easy to remove to check.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looks like you will need to cut off the top part of the windshield mount, so the camera cover will fit back on.
Not sure, if you take both mirrors apart, if you will be able to swap the mounts; but you could try.
Sponsored