First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4/Lux/4k/CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
oh nice, look at you go! can you swap the tach/speedo so tach is on the left ? or is that a static display for the gauges?
Sponsored

Gilbillygucci

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XL, Ecoboost w/4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
nope, you can turn off the tach and move the center screens to the right so all that is in the middle is the Lane centering, Adaptive cruise, TSR, etc..

I am going to move to playing with firmwares because this drive mode issue is driving me nuts. Literally the only thing I can't get to work, everything else is perfect on it though. I think i might need to play around with physical switches that come on the explorer/escape but those are kind of pricey at the moment. I also just ordered everything for Adaptive cruise so I am tapped out on maverick mods. lol

After playing around with the DRL stuff again this morning, It works when the truck is off and before going into drive, but I cannot get the low beams to be off once it's in drive.

Gilbillygucci

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think I might be getting somewhere with this. I will check it in the morning when the sun comes to confirm the changes. But it seems to work with the dial not on Auto so hopefully it will work on auto once the sun is up.

OP
OP
tmoney20g

tmoney20g

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4/Lux/4k/CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
yes on just parking lights it works just fine, but then the truck reverts to auto on next key start. so we're trying to get the drl's to be the parking lights on auto.

Mkuket

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
nope, you can turn off the tach and move the center screens to the right so all that is in the middle is the Lane centering, Adaptive cruise, TSR, etc..

I am going to move to playing with firmwares because this drive mode issue is driving me nuts. Literally the only thing I can't get to work, everything else is perfect on it though. I think i might need to play around with physical switches that come on the explorer/escape but those are kind of pricey at the moment. I also just ordered everything for Adaptive cruise so I am tapped out on maverick mods. lol

After playing around with the DRL stuff again this morning, It works when the truck is off and before going into drive, but I cannot get the low beams to be off once it's in drive.
Did you order a new brake booster too? I heard you "need" the electric one for ACC which seems involved to replace. I'd love to add ACC as it's relatively easy to do so long as you're not replacing the booster

Sponsored

Gilbillygucci

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you order a new brake booster too? I heard you "need" the electric one for ACC which seems involved to replace. I'd love to add ACC as it's relatively easy to do so long as you're not replacing the booster
Nope, I am going to attempt without it for now to see what happens and how it behaves. I wouldn’t mind having lane centering at the very least while I gather the parts for the full retrofit which I will be doing 100%.

I’ve done this sort of thing already just not on a brand new vehicle that I own. Lol. I have a lot more information in the ACC thread in the DIY section.

eatinginternet

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2005 Subaru Legacy GT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I also tried this mod. The info I was able to find is that most switchbacks use the parking lights (when the car uses the turn signals but dimmer) as white DRLs. So when the voltage to the switchbacks is low, then it uses the white LEDs and when it's high the amber LEDs. Enabling parking lamps with DRL in forscan just enables the parking lamps (parking lamps includes dim front turn signals, dim tail lights, and license plate light) during DRL operations. DRL only comes on while the car is on, in auto headlight mode, and not in park. Unfortunately, it seems the forscan code is wrong for low beam only because they still come on during DRL. Disabling DRL on the cluster with the steering wheel buttons turns them off but it also turns off all other DRL lights configured in forscan. So for now I think we have to live with both low beam and parking lamps until that code is fixed.

I think you can disable using the tail lights with the parking lamps by changing tail light from (position and park) to (disabled), but I don't know what position lights are so that will be affected too. Unfortunately there is no (position only) setting, maybe that will be available one day.

Personally I would rather keep the dim tail lights on for sunrise and sunset conditions where the car is still in day mode but the truck is dark with the sun in front of it. But the license plate is kinda annoying.

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any updates to this? I can't get the truck to keep signals only

Matchstick08

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am also interested if this has been successfully implemented. I assumed the ambers were the DRL, but was a little bummed when I found the low beams doubled as DRLs.

I have heard that the LED headlight bulb is integrated into the housing, so with DRLs on, if you do a lot of day driving, the hours would rack up on them very quick. I assume the headlight assembly needs to be replaced when that LED fails. I understand they're suppose to last for a billion hours, but so were some of the ones in my house, and I've seen a couple of those fail already.

Using the ambers (a replaceable bulb) for DRLs makes so much more sense to me. Plus I think it looks better.

My old Silverado used low beams as DRLs and after burning through low beam lights on an annual basis, I just got into the habit of turning them to off when I started the truck.

brdl04

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update:

I played around with this a bit and could get ambers to be DRL, but it also always keeps low beams on as well.

I tried playing around with some of the other settings and it never changed. I don't know how you sucessfully got it to go the first time, but I think there is something overriding it.
Ford Maverick Change XLT parking lights to be the DRL's instead of low beams 1660149059592

I also disabled this and it kept low beams on with DRL

Ford Maverick Change XLT parking lights to be the DRL's instead of low beams 1660149096944

Sponsored

brdl04

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update:

I played around with this a bit and could get ambers to be DRL, but it also always keeps low beams on as well.

I tried playing around with some of the other settings and it never changed. I don't know how you sucessfully got it to go the first time, but I think there is something overriding it.
1660149059592.png

I also disabled this and it kept low beams on with DRL

1660149096944.png
Anyone do any more work on this?

Gilbillygucci

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have not been able to figure it out. I have a feeling the Auto-lamp feature from the IPC is overriding anything we do on the BCM.

brdl04

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have not been able to figure it out. I have a feeling the Auto-lamp feature from the IPC is overriding anything we do on the BCM.
I’m on a mobile browser and can’t see what region you’re in but Canada and US vehicles will have different settings to consider. A hidden prerequisite in the APIM, such as regional DRL Sync menus could be holding you back.

If you can’t write any change to your BCM it is likely because the calibration level of the software in your BCM is unsupported by ForScan. If that’s the case and you know you’re on the latest version, you will have to ask the support team to compile a beta release as a paying member with added support for your BCM.

As for the guy with the 2018 F150, I assume he’s simply missing the initial changes for the DRL mask or region. He has a different problem altogether.

The sound of crickets is because F150 owners all congregate on this webpage instead:

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/forscan- ... ost4791312

Above is from another forum looking to try to find the issue. maybe it helps?

90.eunos.cosmo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alexandre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 fiesta ST, 22 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is it possible that us trucks have the option to turn them on and off vs canada? I can't recall where (i think its in the GEM) but I noticed that there is an option for drl on and of and also says aditional options in bcm needs to be switched
Sponsored