First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Town and Country Touring, CruiseMaster RV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The dealer told me they should have me in my truck by Friday afternoon. MY question now is:

Since the truck has been vandalized, what kind of discount should I try to get?

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealer told me they should have me in my truck by Friday afternoon. MY question now is:

Since the truck has been vandalized, what kind of discount should I try to get?
If the truck's exhaust system is repaired properly, why exactly should you get a discount?

adsandiego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 MAV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
someone should invent a device that will spray a dose of mace when tempered with.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Here in Massachusetts it is a big problem. If caught They just get a slap on the wrist and released, just to keep doing it. They scope out the big $ cats in the day then wrap a cordless SawZal up in a towel and just go through a nice neighborhood like nothing late night. The salvage yards should be fined for receiving stolen merchandise.
Lately they have busted many large cat theft rings. Millions of dollars worth. No slap on the wrist for them. FBI is seizing houses, cars, bank accounts, etc.

Sponsored

Jakb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cat shields work. You just gotta get a good one as the cheapie Amazon ones are garbage.

Cat thefts are a problem in our city and I've caught them on my security cams. A cat theft takes 45 seconds. A shield that makes it complicated or take much longer does make a difference.

Obviously if you leave your car in a remote area for a long time, it won't work. The purpose is to make your car less of a target and more of a hassle. It definitely makes most theives move on.

This is a crime of opportunity and the intent is just to make it less of an opportunity. You can never prevent a determined thief, but very few are. All security measures just make the hassle more, which hopefully makes them move on or decide it's not worth it.

They used to hit our neighborhood on the regular. The neighbors got together and did a group buy and install "party". We have yet to have a protected cat stolen or even attempted. We have even caught some on cam, looking under and leaving. Our neighbors on the other blocks are still getting them stolen on the reg.

OP
OP

Wjgilson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Town and Country Touring, CruiseMaster RV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If the truck's exhaust system is repaired properly, why exactly should you get a discount?

Not sure I should get one, just throwing the question out for info.
Sponsored