Sponsored

Can you unlock navigation with forscan if you have a maverick lariat?

Jbarth01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Trying to get info if you can unlock navigation through forscan if you have a lariat maverick. If so how? Thanks
Sponsored

crashdumie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
unknown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, I do not think you can. it is a different APIM module installed for with nav to without nav.
I suggest buying a cheap $30 cell phone to keep plugged into the truck for Android auto maps. and just use mobile hotspot on you main phone for the internet for it.

Cigargoyle

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FX4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pretty sure you would need to swap APIM out for one from a vehicle that came with nav from the factory.

My42waffles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 f150 powerboost lariat 20 fusion titanium hybri
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As stated it does require a different apim since the non nav only have 16gb of storage and the nave ones have 64GB to hold the map data. If you can find a apim it’s an easy swap and it should work without changes of it comes from a maverick

Jman79

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Vue, Honda Odessey, Ford Maverick 🤞MY24
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, I do not think you can. it is a different APIM module installed for with nav to without nav.
I suggest buying a cheap $30 cell phone to keep plugged into the truck for Android auto maps. and just use mobile hotspot on you main phone for the internet for it.
Agreed. What is the reason for wanting built in Nav?

Since the dawn of NAV is just seemed a bad idea and always functioned / updated as a very sub par experience.

Dedicated phone for the car has crossed my mine as a cubby option.

Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

As stated it does require a different apim since the non nav only have 16gb of storage and the nave ones have 64GB to hold the map data. If you can find a apim it’s an easy swap and it should work without changes of it comes from a maverick
I am guessing the OP was just curious. If it could be turned on for free with Forscan, why not go ahead? ...But, no. It's a different APIM board with GPS and it's around $500, give or take. You could get a new or used Garmin for less. (They go for $170-350 depending on screen size.)

ppagan2012

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat FX4 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Important: This APIM swap is only possible on the Lariat model. On XL & XLT required other mods.

Samcat13

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat '22'
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last one I seen on the net was $1100. for the Apim and gave instruction on how to change it. It also advised not to take any Ford updates.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Last one I seen on the net was $1100. for the Apim and gave instruction on how to change it. It also advised not to take any Ford updates.
if you have sync3 already - lariat lux - it's easy to swap and your Ford dealer can authorize the new APIM which will mean you can download updates over the air and it'll behave the same as if it left the factory with GPS.

if you don't have sync3 and would be upgrading from Ford Connected Audio that is definitely a much larger project. there are threads on it here. it's not nearly as easy, and won't ever be supported as if it were original.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
IMHO, not worth the hassle since things like android auto and apple car play exist. Not a fan of having to use them, but it is what it is.

Sponsored

dc73pdsgt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

please with a question like this and you expect him/het to know what APIM is? 🤣

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I just finished installing a new Kenwood head unit in our motorhome that supported both wireless Apple Carplay and wireless Android Auto. Wanted it to match our other vehicles. Makes it so easy to switch cars. Just get in and your paired up and ready to go.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I just finished installing a new Kenwood head unit in our motorhome that supported both wireless Apple Carplay and wireless Android Auto. Wanted it to match our other vehicles. Makes it so easy to switch cars. Just get in and your paired up and ready to go.
that could've been your own thread, as it's not really relevant to the OP's question or issue... but since you replied here, I will answer also.

it's not feasible to replace the factory infotainment but you can get a wireless dongle that supports both AA and Carplay. Here is one such device: https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-CarPlay-Android-Adapter-Converts/dp/B0C4647NH3
Sponsored