First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yesterday I went for dinner, and when I returned to my truck I could not find my keys. It was dark outside and I noticed my keys were on the passenger seat. I have no idea how I locked my keys in my truck.

I decide to call AAA. After 10 minutes on hold, I remembered the Ford App. I pressed the unlock button and within a few seconds the door was open.
I was very happy.

Sponsored

Mikeetch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Alto Blue XLT Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yesterday I went for dinner, and when I returned to my truck I could not find my keys. It was dark outside and I noticed my keys were on the passenger seat. I have no idea how I locked my keys in my truck.

I decide to call AAA. After 10 minutes on hold, I remembered the Ford App. I pressed the unlock button and within a few seconds the door was open.
I was very happy.

You have a keypad on the door also if its not a MY24

Mikeetch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Alto Blue XLT Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

2022-23MY XLT and Lariat, no XL. Optional on all trims for 2024MY as a dealer installed option (which it technically is for 2022-23MY XL...).
Lol, forgot about XLs not having it

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a keypad being installed on a 24 by the dealer on delivery. Not a big deal.

Sponsored

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I removed the vehicle and uninstalled the app.

But I have a keypad. Actually surprised how many times I've used that, mainly to leaving the keys in the house and wanting in the truck.

But I agree, a nice feature for a lot of people. I just wanted to avoid any potential communications for battery drain. Even with the app closed, who knows... these things have minds of their own.

Dmthomp32

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought I’d never use the keypad. Boy was I wrong. I love that thing. I don’t always remember the app but I probably use the keypad every day.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Keypad is great, almost makes up for not having a smart key on the XLT. Ford app? Never use it, disabled the connectivity in the truck too, it just eats the 12v battery anyway.

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I was very happy.

How long do we have access to the app before we have to pay Ford for it?

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
How long do we have access to the app before we have to pay Ford for it?
Ford made the app free for all customers in 2019.

One of the big features that Ford has been adding to cars since 2016 for some 2017 year model rides is FordPass connected services. When the services first launched, they were offered via one, two, or five-year trial subscriptions depending on the model year of the vehicle. Ford has now announced the FordPass Connect service is now free.

The move makes Ford the first automaker to offers its remote features to drivers at no cost. The Blue Oval points out that GM’s OnStar costs as much as $14.99 per month after the free 3-month trial with a new car ends. FordPass with FordPass Connect creates a single mobile platform where owners can start/stop/unlock their vehicles remotely.

https://fordauthority.com/2019/10/fordpass-services-are-now-free/

CajunMick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Heman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Love the keypad. My F250 diesel had one. Used it often. Now this Maverick XLT has one too. Use it whenever I leave key/fob elsewhere, not in my pocket. Now I need to remember the code!

TNFurb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco Sport OB ‘24 Mav Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i don’t have my Mav yet but I do have a Bronco sport and I love the keypad. It is awesome to be able to leave my key hidden away in the console when I am in situations where I don’t want that bulky key in my pocket. Now a related question about FordPass App. Why does the app not tell us if the car is locked or unlocked? Seems like it would be an easy thing to do on the screen we use to lock it. Simply put a check over the button of the current status.
Sponsored