First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 kia soul- 2023 santa cruz SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
6/21 I called Ford customer service Agin today, I call the 21st of each month just to make sure my maverick is still in the system. 8 months and counting ordered xlt area 51 hybrid with only one pot. trailer hitch , the guy said all is still a go, I ask if they have been told on any info, on when it will be too late and changed to a 2023, he said he has no info on that yet ! he said they will build 2022 until Sept. then they get ready for 2023 in Oct.?? who knows. My dealer says they have no new news, and its still in the system.we will see when I call next month.unless some magic happens and it shows up !!
Sponsored

jsteward

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Mazda Pickup
I'm exactly the same situation. Order date 9/28. No VIN yet. They say chip shortage is the issue.

ERob81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
I've called Ford twice and have gotten two different answers to my truck. One told me that I will go into production by the end of May. And the second told me that all he can tell me is that he can see my truck has been ordered. And that he appreciates my patience waiting for my truck to go into production. I also asked if since my order went in Dec 21' if my truck will be pushed back to a 23' and no clarification. I really just want an answer. If I know mine will be a 23' then okay I won't keep getting my hopes up every month that it is going to be built sooner than later.

OP
OP

mrbill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've called Ford twice and have gotten two different answers to my truck. One told me that I will go into production by the end of May. And the second told me that all he can tell me is that he can see my truck has been ordered. And that he appreciates my patience waiting for my truck to go into production. I also asked if since my order went in Dec 21' if my truck will be pushed back to a 23' and no clarification. I really just want an answer. If I know mine will be a 23' then okay I won't keep getting my hopes up every month that it is going to be built sooner than later.
yeah, them seem to have really no idea what's going on, or they are just not saying, they sure have a poor PR dept. at Ford. last time I ordered one and not bought off lot was 1995 f-150 xlt ext.cab.took 6 weeks and the factory (in Kansas) even called me and said it was being shipped. the dealer called me each week to keep me updated, good ole customer service days !!! I guess being 67 ,I think people still care !! well see. my wife ask each week, WHERE IS MY MAVERICK ?? as it will be hers,she is trading a 2016 Kia Soul.

ERob81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
yeah, them seem to have really no idea what's going on, or they are just not saying, they sure have a poor PR dept. at Ford. last time I ordered one and not bought off lot was 1995 f-150 xlt ext.cab.took 6 weeks and the factory (in Kansas) even called me and said it was being shipped. the dealer called me each week to keep me updated, good ole customer service days !!! I guess being 67 ,I think people still care !! well see. my wife ask each week, WHERE IS MY MAVERICK ?? as it will be hers,she is trading a 2016 Kia Soul.
I too had a truck build back in 2003. Put my order in and received emails keeping me posted and my truck was into production and delivered within a couple months. So placing this order I thought would be the same, I was definitely wrong.

Sponsored

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
I ordered a Domino's pizza back in 1990.
Was delivered in 21 minutes.
It cost $8.49 and they gave me a 2 litre of Coke.

Delivery guy called me once a week afterwards "just to see what I was wearing".

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
I ordered a Domino's pizza back in 1990.
Was delivered in 21 minutes.
It cost $8.49 and they gave me a 2 litre of Coke.

Delivery guy called me once a week afterwards "just to see what I was wearing".
Makes me wonder what tip you gave him.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Supply Chain Issues! They can not predict what will and what will not show up. Have you all been to any other stores recently?

Just saying.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Supply Chain Issues! They can not predict what will and what will not show up. Have you all been to any other stores recently?

Just saying.
All of us with unscheduled orders are thinking “what if”…. So I’m thinking what if my September 18 order is flipped to a 2023…. I know damn well that just because it will be a MY23 I will in all likelihood get it in 2024…. The supply chain isn’t going away just because Ford re-tooled for the next year. Ordering in August is not any guarantee that they will make our trucks any faster or that chips will rain down from heaven. If I don’t get scheduled I will change my order to a base XL hybrid, just to have have one and keep my 2018 RAV4 hybrid which has been terrific.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm exactly the same situation. Order date 9/28. No VIN yet. They say chip shortage is the issue.
I am in a little better shape. Ordered XLT cactus gray hybrid + LUX + NON CARPET MATS + WHEEL LOCK + TAIL GATE LOCK ON Aug 27 have vin about six weeks and week of July 25th about 3 weeks ago. Also ordered Area 51 hybrid XLT + 4pin hitch + 400 watt inverter + tailgate lock + nothing else on Oct 26th. Have heard nothing on this one.

Sponsored

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I called Ford once a week and they got nothing new, 'unscheduled clean'. Then talked to Chapman and they told me that my XL hybrid with no constraints will more likely be built this year. I'm starting to lose faith each week gone by without an email from Ford. Honestly, at this point I'm not hoping for anything at all. C'est La Vie.

DonaldD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DonaldD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
6/21 I called Ford customer service Agin today, I call the 21st of each month just to make sure my maverick is still in the system. 8 months and counting ordered xlt area 51 hybrid with only one pot. trailer hitch , the guy said all is still a go, I ask if they have been told on any info, on when it will be too late and changed to a 2023, he said he has no info on that yet ! he said they will build 2022 until Sept. then they get ready for 2023 in Oct.?? who knows. My dealer says they have no new news, and its still in the system.we will see when I call next month.unless some magic happens and it shows up !!
My dealer said several times that he’s sticking to the MSRP. I asked about waiting for a 2023 and how affects the price. He said if I change my order to a 2023 model, there will be a price difference. If Ford initiates the change, the price will stay the same. I have my fingers crossed.

OP
OP

mrbill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Just saying.
Yeah, I think we all understand that, its the REAL BAD PR form Ford, or I should say NO PR from Ford.If they would at least keep people informed, if I did not call -email-etc. Ford and my dealer, I would have had not one word for 8 months, I think that is what gets us , at least an old fart like me, I guess I am thinking customer service,seems gone out the window. too bad.

Mike215

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Similar situation - also an A51 XLT, ordered last June. Called Ford a couple weeks ago and got a VIN and a build week (7/25), but now when I plug the info in the tracker it doesnt give me any info. Been too busy to call Ford again but hopefully can call by end of week. I am going to order a 2023 when the order books open so I may end up with a couple of 2023s, but I am starting to see what else is out there because I have been nursing my old Honda for awhile now and eventually its going to go.

ERob81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe

Just saying.
I completely understand there's a chip shortage. The only thing that I do not understand is the order people are getting their trucks. Some people that ordered two months after others with the allocations are getting theirs. Or some people are waiting almost a year to get theirs. Just seems very confusing the order of people's orders are being completed. Communication from Ford, I feel would help ease people's minds and concerns to if and when they will get theirs.
Sponsored