APD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Order submitted
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I submitted a 'pre-order' to my local dealer a few months ago. I got the call today and she asked if I was still interested in ordering the Maverick with the same specs. I said yes and She said my order will be placed on Sept. 15. So it appears they must have had some confirmation from Ford on that order bank opening date.

I asked if she had an order guide and She said there are no changes in options for model year 2023.
She also told me she has 47 orders to place on Sept. 15, and there are 7 other sales people. So assuming an equal division among salespeople, that's about 329 mavericks for this dealership, and its not a large dealer.
She told me during the pre-order that she had 200-something maverick orders during the first round last year.
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
would be interesting to know how many they delivered out of the 200-something

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
then I would find another dealer

gbdoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Outback Limited XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
she said "not many"
Yeah I would check somewhere else, I think it’s the consensus that options and other things will change so I have a hard time believing no options changed. They could be telling the truth, but my dealer who had almost 100 ordered had only 2 that are still unscheduled, and they were very cautious in telling me to wait until they get the order guide to have my heart set on a model.

Sponsored

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think we also saw a leak that at least a couple of the colors might be changing.

YazYaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I submitted a 'pre-order' to my local dealer a few months ago. I got the call today and she asked if I was still interested in ordering the Maverick with the same specs. I said yes and She said my order will be placed on Sept. 15. So it appears they must have had some confirmation from Ford on that order bank opening date.

I asked if she had an order guide and She said there are no changes in options for model year 2023.
She also told me she has 47 orders to place on Sept. 15, and there are 7 other sales people. So assuming an equal division among salespeople, that's about 329 mavericks for this dealership, and its not a large dealer.
She told me during the pre-order that she had 200-something maverick orders during the first round last year.
Did you ask about the "special offer"?

YazYaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
no what is it?
Customers that ordered a 22 but are moved to 23 are to receive a special offer from Ford. As of yet, nobody knows what the offer is. I assume if your dealer is asking if you want a '23 they would be able to tell you what the offer is.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Hmmmm....I just checked, Ford has not released the order guides for 2023 Maverick yet. And our dealership at least has not been notified of when the order banks will open. At a Ford webinar last week, they mentioned "sometime in September".

I don't expect significant changes, but there will be some (ex. colors). I expect some of the packages will be reworked to help with constraint issues as well.

Not that it is a bad idea to work with your dealership based on 2022 Maverick to have an order ready to be submitted ASAP..... But you may need to adjust later. It doesn't sound like she is being 100% honest with you.

Sponsored
OP
OP

APD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Order submitted
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Customers that ordered a 22 but are moved to 23 are to receive a special offer from Ford. As of yet, nobody knows what the offer is. I assume if your dealer is asking if you want a '23 they would be able to tell you what the offer is.
That's what I thought you meant,
Im a 23 order so it wouldnt apply to me

OP
OP

APD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Order submitted
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hmmmm....I just checked, Ford has not released the order guides for 2023 Maverick yet. And our dealership at least has not been notified of when the order banks will open. At a Ford webinar last week, they mentioned "sometime in September".

I don't expect significant changes, but there will be some (ex. colors). I expect some of the packages will be reworked to help with constraint issues as well.

Not that it is a bad idea to work with your dealership based on 2022 Maverick to have an order ready to be submitted ASAP..... But you may need to adjust later. It doesn't sound like she is being 100% honest with you.
Yes, I know. We spoke about that. The order can be changed up to a certain point in time. Just like people were doing in 22. Its basically just to get the order in to ford.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, I know. We spoke about that. The order can be changed up to a certain point in time. Just like people were doing in 22. Its basically just to get the order in to ford.
Yes, that is what we are doing at our dealership too. I'm planning on submitting orders as soon as I can when the order banks open, but we have clearly communicated to customers that this is all based on 22MY and that we have no info on 23MY yet.

I will pass on 23 info to customers ahead of time if possible, but I suspect that we won't get 23 info until the day that the order bank opens. And we may, or may not, get a 1 day warning as to when this will happen!

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

When I picked up my maverick on 8/8/22 (ordered on 11/17/21), my sales person said they delivered only 30-40 2022 Mavericks. It's Bill Brown Ford in Michigan which was a year or two ago, the highest sales Ford dealership in the USA.

I'm guessing the only reason I got a 22 maverick was cause it was an eb with absolutely no constraints and ordered from the largest Ford dealership.

If the VIN number indicates the number of Mavericks produced, mine was the NRA83,xxx truck made (83K+) overall.
Sponsored