BEWARE OF DEALER MARK UP

CharlesLupes

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 XLT
I know, I know, I know....... I should have got something signed when I ordered my Mav back in July. I was told in my meeting during ordering that
I was locking in price and would avoid the almost guaranteed rise in value as demand goes up. Waited close to 6 months eagerly checking status of my order dang near everyday. Truck get delivered this morning 12-15-21. Dealership calls this morning to tell me there would be a $4,500 dealer mark up. Being that I am already out of that state due to a military PCS I would already have to buy a $500 plane ticket as well as almost 12 hour drive back to my new home I have decided to back out. So now a beautiful Ford Mav sitting in Altus, Oklahoma at a very crappy dealership of Wilmes Ford. At a awesome $4,500 mark up, which they may change to almost $8,000 as they are telling me they gave me a half off discount on the mark up!!!!!!! How kind of them for thinking of me in doing that!!!! Nope go screw yourself Wilmes Ford of Altus, Oklahoma.

Added in the email I received with explanation.

One final note..... As my wife and I found out about our move to a new state I was in full contact with the dealership. Even looked at price of shipping it to my new home and was quoted at $1,800 for the trip from Altus, Oklahoma to Great Falls, MT. I was in constant contact with the dealer. He had every opportunity to be open and honest that there could be a mark up upon arrival. He did not mention this once in our exchanges. He waited till delivery had happened to let me know. That is why I believe this was his plan all along. To have me walk and sell it to the next guy at a profit. At the end of the day I guess as the buyer all I can do is be mad as they sell my custom order to another inidividual.

Y'all Mr Levine has DM'd me back on twitter. This wrong may be righted after all.

Ford Maverick BEWARE OF DEALER MARK UP F578224B-A091-4365-9B00-AD4D081190D7
Sponsored

Last edited:

LowLeadAV

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know, I know, I know....... I should have got something signed when I ordered my Mav back in July. I was told in my meeting during ordering that
I was locking in price and would avoid the almost guaranteed rise in value as demand goes up. Waited close to 6 months eagerly checking status of my order dang near everyday. Truck get delivered this morning 12-15-21. Dealership calls this morning to tell me there would be a $4,500 dealer mark up. Being that I am already out of that state due to a military PCS I would already have to buy a $500 plane ticket as well as almost 12 hour drive back to my new home I have decided to back out. So now a beautiful Ford Mav sitting in Altus, Oklahoma at a very crappy dealership of Wilmes Ford. At a awesome $4,500 mark up, which they may change to almost $8,000 as they are telling me they gave me a half off discount on the mark up!!!!!!! How kind of them for thinking of me in doing that!!!! Nope go screw yourself Wilmes Ford of Altus, Oklahoma.
Call ford. Period

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You were used, sad!

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This tactic should be reported to Ford. The orders required a DL image attached so dealers weren't hiding 'stock' orders in the 'custom ordered' class. Adding ADM post order placement is unconscionable, and should be reported to Ford. Ford actually went back and requested DL images to AVOID exactly what happened.
I would get them on the line and file a formal complaint. At least let them know how much you were disappointed after such a long wait. Who knows, they may pull some of that dealers allocations... would serve them right. Make some NOISE.

Sponsored

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sad to hear that happened to you…. Make sure you and everyone you know calls them out on social media. Its amazing how quick that can hurt a business.

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
I wonder what would happen if several hundred of us called the dealership (and Ford) to complain about how Wilmes Ford treats members of the US military.

Perhaps if they were deluged with calls and social media posts, they would offer the OP his original deal.

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's not just Ford, it's ALL OF THEM...with few exceptions. Considered a Corolla Cross as well and the dealers just want you to bend over and grab your ankles.

Last edited:

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Really wonder how some people can even look in the mirror.

I hope a Mav works out for you elsewhere.

(To be clear on my position on these dealer markups, I have no problem with dealers marking vehicles up to whatever they want, IF NO PRIOR WRITTEN OR VERBAL COMMITMENT WAS MADE! If a price commitment was made to an ordering customer, it should be honored. Period. )

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sad to hear that happened to you…. Make sure you and everyone you know calls them out on social media. Its amazing how quick that can hurt a business.
I'd be careful on calling for mob justice. Recall the Bronco buyer that got marked up on delivery and had a whole forum's worth of folks start posting fake reviews which nearly ended up with legal action against the buyer.

Sponsored
OP
OP

CharlesLupes

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 XLT
I wonder what would happen if several hundred of us called the dealership (and Ford) to complain about how Wilmes Ford treats members of the US military.

Perhaps if they were deluged with calls and social media posts, they would offer the OP his original deal.
Y'all are awesome with all the support but I do want it clear that I am just a Veteran and we PCS's due to my wife is still the active member
Really wonder how some people can even look in the mirror.

I hope a Mav works out for you elsewhere.

(To be clear on my position on these dealer markups, I have no problem with dealers marking vehicles up to whatever they want, IF NO PRIOR WRITTEN OR VERBAL COMMITMENT WAS MADE! If a price commitment was made to an ordering customer, it should be honored. Period. )
I agree that business. I posted this because I only had the spoken word of the dealer owner. I did not sign. Posting this so the next guy knows to sign.

OP
OP

CharlesLupes

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 XLT
I'd be careful on calling for mob justice. Recall the Bronco buyer that got marked up on delivery and had a whole forum's worth of folks start posting fake reviews which nearly ended up with legal action against the buyer.
As much as the mob mentality is appreciated as i sit here in anger i agree. I am post a single review myself but at the end of the day I shouldve made a better deal for myself

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hasn't Ford been stepping in when dealers attempt to mark up retail orders? It's different on stock units, but retail units..

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
If this happens to me, you can bet I will make it a point that every time I drive by the dealership to stop and put up those little yard signs right by their entrance calling them out on their scam so everyone else driving in shopping for a new car can see... Heck, how much is a month's billboard rental worth?? I'm sure that will draw some attention.
Sponsored