First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have always liked the drop in bed liner. My '22 Maverick has the 5 piece Ford liner, which I ordered with my truck. It works for me. You may need a bed mat to keep things from sliding.

Crance

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have used Rhino Lining once [2006 GMC Canyon] and Line-X twice [2016 GMC Canyon and 2022 Mav.] I prefer the texture of Line-X. I slide heavy items in and out. Plastic liners gouge easier. Also, spray-in gives some acoustic benefits as it absorbs noise better than loose fitting plastic or a pad.
How are the textures different between Line-X and Rhino? Which one is less abrasive?

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How are the textures different between Line-X and Rhino? Which one is less abrasive?
RE: How are the textures different Rhino v Line-X = It would be unfair of me to say as I bought the Rhino product in 2006 and the Line-X in 2016 and 2023. The Rhino product may have changed. A couple of reason I went with Line-X [basic black product, not color or other add-ons] is Line-X matched the price Ford charges on the Mav [$495] and the distributor was fairly close. The de-trimmed the bed, cleaned the paint, masked, reversed the process and I was out in 2 hours. It dries immediately, no time needed for curing.

Sponsored

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Maverick XLT is on the way as I got my shipped email last week. To say I am excited is an understatement. I am wondering about bed liner options. My initial thought is to do a spray-in liner. For those who have some type of liner (spray, drop, rug, etc.) how have you liked them so far, and if you had the option to change to something else, would you? I'm looking for pros and cons because I want to make sure I get what fits my needs, and since I've never owned a truck I am just looking at all the options. Thanks in advance!
Try the first, easiest and cheapest option out there. Nothing. No spray liner. Rubber bed mat or rug is all that's needed. Your brain is trying to trick you to think you need something right away. You don't.

It's your money but my advice is to use the bed as-is. You can always spray the bed later. No bed liner here and I haven't missed it one bit.

Jman79

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Vue, Honda Odessey, Ford Maverick 🤞MY24
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
About to pull the trigger on the modular bedliner but all the talk of scratching and rust underneath.has me second guessing. I want to keep my truck a LONG time.

Any first hand experience with custom, multi part liners like the one from Ford and if it's really going to cause a rust nightmare?

My use cases are hauling construction material and yard work. Lumber, sheetrock, mulch, rocks, occasional furniture, etc. So drop in extra impact protection and smoothness is a big bonus. I despise how spray in holds onto mulch.

Also, aren't options like drop in supposed to be less expensive than spray in 🤷‍♂️?

I'd go with a rubber mat. But don't like the side walls unprotected.

Last edited:

Jman79

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Vue, Honda Odessey, Ford Maverick 🤞MY24
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Really looking for some help. Trying weigh out two paths.
1) Get a raptor liner kit on Amazon for $125. Spray my bed myself. Then buy a rubber mat $80.
2) Order and install the modular liner myself. $360

Uses:
80% of the year this will be under a tonneau cover and used as trunk space.

20% of the year I'll be doing all sorts of DIY weekend stuff.
- Hauling lumber
- Yard waste runs
- Mulch and rock runs
- Hauling furniture

Advantages:
Option #1:
- Cost
- Less sliding when used as trunk
- Less rust worry

Option #2:
- Better at mulch & rocks with it's slickness and impact resistance
- Quicker install
- Easier loading of large items myself by sliding

I'm leaning toward option #1 and also investing in a big tarp for loose item runs.

Anyone have specific experience to repoint any of the above?

ianjay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Hybrid , 2008 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have had both spray ins and drop ins. The F150 Lariat got Line-X which was hard on my old knees but a Ford rubber bed mat fixed that. My Rangers have all had hard plastic liners which are as slippery as hell and I ended up with carpet mats (I always use caps instead of other covers).

My 23 XLT hybrid came with the plastic liner from the factory and it was not moulded very precisely which is being very kind. I can't remember what the new Lariat hybrid I ordered will come with. I hope it is a spray in which I will just put a rubber mat over and call it a day.

The other issue with the factory plastic drop in is that both of the small potential power outlets at the rear of the bed are completely covered. If I wish to tap in to them, I will have to cut holes in the liner to gain access. It is the kind of mistake I would expect from the aftermarket, NOT the factory.

They make a point of having the special access to power and then cover it up with thick plastic.

Sponsored

SLJ

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have the factory drop in liner in my XLT. It's five pieces, sides, front wall, gate, and floor. I plan on removing just the floor panel and putting in the $99 Rough Country rubberized floor mat. Good grip, easy on the knees, and can easily come out for drying or cleaning once in a while. Original panels will stay to protect the sides. They don't cover any of my access panels. I think it will be a good combination.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have had both spray ins and drop ins. The F150 Lariat got Line-X which was hard on my old knees but a Ford rubber bed mat fixed that. My Rangers have all had hard plastic liners which are as slippery as hell and I ended up with carpet mats (I always use caps instead of other covers).

My 23 XLT hybrid came with the plastic liner from the factory and it was not moulded very precisely which is being very kind. I can't remember what the new Lariat hybrid I ordered will come with. I hope it is a spray in which I will just put a rubber mat over and call it a day.

The other issue with the factory plastic drop in is that both of the small potential power outlets at the rear of the bed are completely covered. If I wish to tap in to them, I will have to cut holes in the liner to gain access. It is the kind of mistake I would expect from the aftermarket, NOT the factory.

They make a point of having the special access to power and then cover it up with thick plastic.
I bought and installed the ford liner. As received all access is covered for screw holes, cubbys, and 12v power points. You have to cut them out as needed prior to installation.

Having them cover the power points on a factory install is just wrong in my opinion. I wonder if yours was an over site or if this is normal for a factory DIBL.

Was your passenger side cubby covered also?

dbp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Transit Connect, 2024 Maverick XLT soon...
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am a high school band director and I'll primarily be using it to transport larger musical instruments and the occasional random normal-life recreational things (disc golf bags, plywood, ect)
I tow a small trailer with my drum set and PA Equipment. When other band members travel with me, their guitars and amps go in the truck bed. I am a big fan of the BedRug. Cases don't slide around, the rug doesn't scratch cases, and if you crawl around in the bed it's easy on the knees. It's also tough enough to carry lumber, gravel, dirt etc. and your can shovel it out and hose it down! I added E-Track because that's what I use in my trailer and I have lots of straps and accessories that fit if I need them.
Ford Maverick Bed Liner Options 1709178252633

Last edited:

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Maverick XLT is on the way as I got my shipped email last week. To say I am excited is an understatement. I am wondering about bed liner options. My initial thought is to do a spray-in liner. For those who have some type of liner (spray, drop, rug, etc.) how have you liked them so far, and if you had the option to change to something else, would you? I'm looking for pros and cons because I want to make sure I get what fits my needs, and since I've never owned a truck I am just looking at all the options. Thanks in advance!
My '22 hybrid Lariat has a spray in bed liner that was done at the factory. Love it! I also added a bed rug from www.realtruck.com. That has ridges underneath the rug to fit between the ridges on the bottom of the truck's bed. Love than one even more!!
Sponsored