First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Base it on how your going to use the vehicle. My old 1994 silverado I bought new, I installed a carpeted bed mat and a tonneau cover when new. It finally got a spray in liner about 4 years ago. Truck lived a pretty charmed life, but the inside was showing its age. After knocking out small dents in the floor, doing minor body work on the inside of the bed and tailgate, I had the spray in liner done at a local Armorthane bed liner place. Truck turned out great. I dont plan on using my maverick as a "work truck" it will have a bed cover, LED strip lights and a bed mat. It will essentially be a car with a truck bed for me.

As Zach at Granger Ford noted the drop in liners eventually wear through the paint and start causing rust issues. I purchased the bedrug impact mat. Hard to tell from the pix online weather or not I'm going to like it better instead of the dark grey carpet of the bedrug XLT. I dont plan on 'throwing" stuff in the bed but I do haul boxes of classic car parts to UPS and USPS for my side gig. This makes the extra large "trunk" a needed item.

The armorthane spray in liner I have loaded firewood on top of, dragged stuff in and out of, and no scratches, and no chunks missing out of the liner. Honestly i would stay away from rhino linings, since i dont think their liner material is a hard enough barometer material. We had some trucks at my work sprayed with it, and it turned a dull grey, and would chunk out. Mind you it was sprayed on brand new beds that were scuff sanded for adhesion.

As far as the maverick goes, i will likely run it as is with the tonneau cover, bed mat, and some homemade dividers until it eventually needs a spray in liner.

Hope this helps
Matt

MTGIRL39

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado 1500 Trail Boss
Hey guys. What kind of bedliners are you guys doing?

I wad going to just do the mat. What are your guys thoughts?

As you could already tell I'm a new truck guy lol
I'm looking for a bed mat only too. Just started the search. As I don't want to pay over $125 or so. I'll let you know when I find something. Looks like the plain ford bed mat is out of stock right now....

Ford Maverick Which Bed Liner? Screenshot_20220127-154715_Gallery

OP
OP
Lappo424

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
I'm looking for a bed mat only too. Just started the search. As I don't want to pay over $125 or so. I'll let you know when I find something. Looks like the plain ford bed mat is out of stock right now....

Screenshot_20220127-154715_Gallery.jpg
I may use the Ford pass points for the plastic one.

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hey guys. What kind of bedliners are you guys doing?

I wad going to just do the mat. What are your guys thoughts?

As you could already tell I'm a new truck guy lol
Mine came with the Sprayed in bed liner and I really like it. A drop in liner will not prevent potential rust issues. The sprayed in version is a tough and permanent solution.
Sponsored