sprcoop

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid, 66 Mustang Coupe, 2012 Focus DCT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I carry a Lokithor 2250 in each vehicle. I flat refuse to jump anything from my vehicles but more than willing to boost them from my jump starter. For me, these modern vehicles are much too computerized to jumper from. Why take chances. Shit always happens.

I would say look for a product that usitlizes LifePo4 batteries over Lithium Ion. Much safer to charge and use. Longer life too which is nice.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BSCTDGY2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
@Bob, thanks for the heads up.

Currently 50% off on this bad boy. Just ordered. Shipped (no prime) $50.11 total.
Sponsored

Old Fart

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT; 2016 Prius ECO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Don't know about this particular unit but I bought a beater one from harbor freight for $60, don't leave home without it.

NedF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was a '23 now a '24 Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree… or waiting an hour for AAA.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The new lithium battery units are essential equipment. The noco unit is good to go but I question the price and the need for that particular brand. Check youtube for reviews but there are a lot of good ones out there for a lot less.

Now if I could just get my daughter to charge the one I bought for her and put it in her car...

migraine

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
on order Maverick, 2008 Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is there a good way to have these units always charged/topped off so when you need it, it's fully charged? I have a lesser quality unit that loses a charge over time if I don't remember to recharge it. So months later, it loses 1/2 its charge and lucky to be able to jump another vehicle.

Sponsored

migraine

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
on order Maverick, 2008 Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This guy does great comparison videos and recommends the NOGO among a few others

Be care with ordering anything on Amazon, many companies don't honor the warranty if bought on Amazon. Milwaukee tools is one such company.
I still buy on Amazon, but I'm "buyer beware"
-Brian

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Bob, thanks for the heads up.

Currently 50% off on this bad boy. Just ordered. Shipped (no prime) $50.11 total.
Good for you! That's what this forum is all about. That 3 bucks less than what I paid on Cyber Monday. :ROFLMAO: It turned my friends 22 Denali right over no problem. (They have BMS issues too). See if you can get the case for 50% off too. It's real nice and stores the unit nicely with a zippered storage for the cables. (y)

sprcoop

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid, 66 Mustang Coupe, 2012 Focus DCT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good for you! That's what this forum is all about. That 3 bucks less than what I paid on Cyber Monday. :ROFLMAO: It turned my friends 22 Denali right over no problem. (They have BMS issues too). See if you can get the case for 50% off too. It's real nice and stores the unit nicely with a zippered storage for the cables. (y)
There was 30% off on the case but couldn't get free shipping. Totaled $29 and I couldn't see paying that for the case when the unit was $50.

Yes, I'm a cheap bastard.

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
Is there a good way to have these units always charged/topped off so when you need it, it's fully charged? I have a lesser quality unit that loses a charge over time if I don't remember to recharge it. So months later, it loses 1/2 its charge and lucky to be able to jump another vehicle.
I ran a 12v extension cord to a jump starter that I stowed under the back seat. Made it pretty easy to plug in once a week and charge while driving.

My lithium jump pack jump started a car after not being charged for probably six months (tossed it in the tool box and forgot about it).

The thing I've noticed at least with mine is that cranking the engine needs to be timed with when the jump starter fires the capacitors to give the extra amperage. Other than that, the tiny lithium battery going through 10-gauge cable is not gonna be enough to crank a lawnmower.

Costco also sells a LiFEPO4 jump pack.
https://www.costco.com/michelin-por...ah-lifepo4-power-bank.product.4000204846.html
Sponsored