WIdirtfishing

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm in. I would trade my current Mav Hybrid for an AWD version. I would just as soon have a standard hybrid though. If I don't have to deal with cords and plugging in, I'm much happier. I'm averaging 40.6 mpg over my first 5k miles, if an AWD non PHEV would get 37-38, I'd be fine with that. I don't see that much cost savings in a PHEV because you're paying for the electric. I've never seen an apples to apples comparison, but I can't imagine much in savings with a PHEV other than the tax credit you may get.
It depends on your driving habits too. As an example, i drive bout 950 miles a month. But 2/3 of the time I’m driving under 20 miles round trip. So when i put in my killowatt/hour cost of electric it was substantially cheaper for me to have a PHEV versus a gasser.
i think the gas/elec costs were bout 60% cheaper than just gas.

flyjum

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is AWD as it has IRS rear suspension
Its also a hybrid as it does not have a front mount intercooler like the other one that was posted
Is the fuel door the charge port if its a PHEV? It looks really weird maybe its just missing the cover?

Ford already has an AWD hybrid using this same platform with the ford escape hybrid AWD. Its not a major change to make the maverick AWD and hybrid

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I subscribed because even though I ordered an eco AWD with 4K I was at first interested in a hybrid if I could have gotten it in AWD. The only reason I went with the 4k was the bigger radiator and auxillary transmission cooler. These are kind of a necessity in west Texas.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm thinking the 2.1 might, just might indicate the battery size, and this is a 4k Tow variant, with a larger battery & higher output electric motor.
I understood that the motor used already is high capacity, its simply not putting out as much power as its current limited by the small battery. Just a battery upgrade should be enough to bump the output.
I would jump on getting an AWD Hybrid Maverick. Not so sure I’d want a PHEV version however…. just my opinion.
It depends in what state you are in. In some the tax incentives specific to PHEVs might make them the no-brainer.

Sponsored

OB1e

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CG LUX XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you don't owe uncle sam at least $6800 then the fed credit is minimal. If u owe 0 then u get nothing.

Stealth Raccoon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would look a a PHEV or a hybrid AWD but putting them both together sounds expensive and heavy....

As JTPC2021 said, could be the V758 platform, as more than likely it will be FWD/hybrid/OHEV focused.... it would be amusing for Ford to use a Maverick mule for Transit Connect testing when they were using a Transit Connect shaped mule for the Maverick.

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It depends on your driving habits too. As an example, i drive bout 950 miles a month. But 2/3 of the time I’m driving under 20 miles round trip. So when i put in my killowatt/hour cost of electric it was substantially cheaper for me to have a PHEV versus a gasser.
i think the gas/elec costs were bout 60% cheaper than just gas.
I guess that how you drive effects it. But with that said, just this morning my mileage to work in my Mav was great as shown in the pic. It’s usually in the 50’s, but every now and then you will have a much higher day. Coming home it was around 45. I don’t care about plugs and cords when I’m achieving this.

Ford Maverick AWD Hybrid Maverick Prototype Possibly Spied Testing 7BE243E0-0F5F-4080-BD73-E156BD3C0298

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat, Subaru WRX
A PHEV Maverick seems like the next logical choice in my opinion if Ford wants to capitalize on this being a fuel efficient pickup truck. An AWD version should be great for the folks who are turned off about the standard hybrid from being front-drive only. Supposed we'll see PHEV variants of the the Bronco Sport and perhaps AWD available for the Escape PHEV around then?
sales guy at a volume dealer near me was quite confident there will be a hybrid bronco sport for the 2024 model year. wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be an PHEV and i definitely think we will see a PHEV maverick at some point. i still believe in the cubby conspiracy, it's there as a place holder for a larger screen to be used in an e-model.

Sponsored

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope we don't lose the 2wd option. I love the front drive only option. When you live in a warm city - never see snow or dirt. I get better mileage and a lot less maintenance.. It's exactly what I wanted for the last 20 years.

MikeyCNY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat TREMOR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
CSI Maverick, I love the deductions.
Sponsored