jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone live at elevation and have the Auto/Start stop work below 40 degrees instead of just saying - Not active due to charging ? Thx -
Cutoff point is supposed to be closer to 32ºF, and if that was the issue, it'd say engine running due to outside temp. Sounds like your 12V battery is not maintaining sufficient charge. Do you take a lot of short drives or drive infrequently where the battery doesn't get a chance to recharge?
Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cutoff point is supposed to be closer to 32ºF, and if that was the issue, it'd say engine running due to outside temp. Sounds like your 12V battery is not maintaining sufficient charge. Do you take a lot of short drives or drive infrequently where the battery doesn't get a chance to recharge?
The funny thing is Ford just replaced the battery two weeks ago- A/S/S - Still not really working at all- Just says charging

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The funny thing is Ford just replaced the battery two weeks ago- A/S/S - Still not really working at all- Just says charging
Do you take a lot of short drives or drive infrequently where the battery doesn't get a chance to recharge?

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you take a lot of short drives or drive infrequently where the battery doesn't get a chance to recharge?
What do you consider a reasonable trip to enable the battery to kick in A/S/S ? Its driven every other day at a minimum with a brand new AGM/760 battery

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What do you consider a reasonable trip to enable the battery to kick in A/S/S ? Its driven every other day at a minimum with a brand new AGM/760 battery
It’s not my determination. Some people don’t drive enough to keep the battery charged, this vastly predates engine start/stop technology. You’d have to describe your typical driving style, if you listen to the radio for an extended duration with the engine off, etc.

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It’s not my determination. Some people don’t drive enough to keep the battery charged, this vastly predates engine start/stop technology. You’d have to describe your typical driving style, if you listen to the radio for an extended duration with the engine off, etc.
This isn't really a quantifiable exercise in how much do drive to equal a sufficient charge to active A/S/S - Will have the dealer check the rest of the charging system next week -

Sleeper 7

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Fusion 14 Ram Dump 23 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hope mine never works.

OP
OP
oreomuffin

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine has worked down to the single digits after using an external charger. After a year of ownership constantly dealing with this I’ve figured that the problem is that the system is not charging enough to support AutoStop/Start or there is something draining the battery excessively when it’s off. When the battery is fully charged it works all the time.

Wondering if anyone has tested the idle current when it’s off. Haven’t done that yet.

OP
OP
oreomuffin

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Auto Stop/Start Not Working 16568766-3B93-441B-B28F-7AB41EA15F45

This was after sitting for an hour. I made sure to not open any doors, unlock, etc. The hood was already open. Anyone know if this is normal?

mata

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a similar issue. following the manual, I did a battery reset and that fixed the problem.

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
More 12v charging
Ford Maverick Auto Stop/Start Not Working 12V
system fun today even after the new battery 3 weeks ago -

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT (Luxury, 4K tow, 360)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
More 12v charging
12V.png
system fun today even after the new battery 3 weeks ago -
Same problem!!!!! Fords dumb ass can’t fix it even though I showed them the TSB!!! They contacted ford support and it’s been weeks!! I’m so annoyed! I get 100 alerts a month while driving and on app! Auto/start doesn’t work which is fine lol, but, it is annoying and I think is causing other electric glitches

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same problem!!!!! Fords dumb ass can’t fix it even though I showed them the TSB!!! They contacted ford support and it’s been weeks!! I’m so annoyed! I get 100 alerts a month while driving and on app! Auto/start doesn’t work which is fine lol, but, it is annoying and I think is causing other electric glitches
Check that battery and all/terminal connections - Then find a new dealer- wow

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT (Luxury, 4K tow, 360)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Bn1970

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford-2L/250hp, Honda-1.5L/190hp, Mazda-1.6L/270hp.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
confirmed to work.
BMS manual reset (5x flash, 3x brake) got stop-start working again immediately. truck is 1 yr old, with 45 K km's/28 K miles. don't have the time/patience to take in to dealer for battery test.
Sponsored