First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is that for real that easy? Can anybody verify, and post a pic of which wire needs to be disconnected. If so, I am not going to buy the auto start stop eliminator if all I have to do is disconnect 1 wire.
If you search through the posts there's a video that shows you exactly how to disable the auto start stop. Happy hunting Also there's an aftermarket autostop eliminator by the company of the same name for $100.00
Sponsored

ralatalo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting, this item in the checklist confuses me:
The transmission is in drive (D).

I thought it funny that with my wife's Acura when I stop in my spot the engine turns off only to turn back on when I put it in park. Seems that is a common theme. I noticed my wife just shuts off the car while it's still in park and it seems the Maverick also has a design to automatically put the car in park when it's shut off in gear.

Drives me crazy, but not as much as the lane centering moving the steering wheel while I'm holding (or trying to hold) it steady.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting, this item in the checklist confuses me:
The transmission is in drive (D).

I thought it funny that with my wife's Acura when I stop in my spot the engine turns off only to turn back on when I put it in park. Seems that is a common theme. I noticed my wife just shuts off the car while it's still in park and it seems the Maverick also has a design to automatically put the car in park when it's shut off in gear.

Drives me crazy, but not as much as the lane centering moving the steering wheel while I'm holding (or trying to hold) it steady.
What kind of voodoo shit is that you have that keeps your vehicle lane centered. I only got the cruise control that the XLT comes with. I did not order copilot 360. I'm hoping I can turn off any of these electronic nannys it may have.

ralatalo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What kind of voodoo shit is that you have that keeps your vehicle lane centered. I only got the cruise control that the XLT comes with. I did not order copilot 360. I'm hoping I can turn off any of these electronic nannys it may have.
Why wife's Acrua had the lane centering and I do turn it off, but I believe the Lariat also has it.

garnermike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An Outback, an Ioniq, a Corvette, a Fiat Spider
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm inclined to keep this feature off. Worth the 0.1 mpg to reduce wear from starting it so many times.
To each his own. My experience with AS in 3 vehicles, including two Ford trucks, indicates that the MPG savings is between 1 and 2 MPG better when AS is engaged in mixed driving. I've got many traffic lights in my normal daily and weekly travel routing that keep me sitting at a red light seemingly forever. I'm keeping AS engaged all the time.

Sponsored

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's a plug on the negative side of the battery you unplug it and it will disable the start stop mode
My dealer for the 2018 F-150 said the same thing.

AnnieWaits

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm hoping I can turn off any of these electronic nannys it may have.
Sure... Just pull all the fuses for the audio system, the airbags, the ESC/ABS system, the power door locks and windows, etc. You'll be back in the good old days before you know it! I also recommend ordering a set of bias ply tires and converting to drum brakes to get the full experience.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sure... Just pull all the fuses for the audio system, the airbags, the ESC/ABS system, the power door locks and windows, etc. You'll be back in the good old days before you know it! I also recommend ordering a set of bias ply tires and converting to drum brakes to get the full experience.
Better yet ditch the hydraulic brakes and put in good ole mechanical brakes. No I dont intend to ditch everything that's in it, but I bought an auto start stop eliminator to get rid of that.

gametyme89

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is this feature supposed to work for as long as I hold down the brake? Or is it timed? Because I've noticed lately in my evening commutes in heavy stop and go traffic that while I'm at a light and the auto stop is engaged and my foot is fully pressing the brake pedal, that the vehicle will constantly start back up on its own around 45 seconds to a minute REGARDLESS of if I've let off the brake pedal or not.

I would like for the engine to not cut back on until I am ready to move again, but I don't know if that's by design or my auto stop/start is just faulty. It works for the 45 seconds or so that it's engaged, but I seem to have no control over when to 'start' the engine again should I want to keep it from idling.

PanchoBarrancas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is this feature supposed to work for as long as I hold down the brake? Or is it timed? Because I've noticed lately in my evening commutes in heavy stop and go traffic that while I'm at a light and the auto stop is engaged and my foot is fully pressing the brake pedal, that the vehicle will constantly start back up on its own around 45 seconds to a minute REGARDLESS of if I've let off the brake pedal or not.

I would like for the engine to not cut back on until I am ready to move again, but I don't know if that's by design or my auto stop/start is just faulty. It works for the 45 seconds or so that it's engaged, but I seem to have no control over when to 'start' the engine again should I want to keep it from idling.
It will turn back on by itself if you have the climate control on, the less your AC temp deviates from ambient temp the longer it takes.

Sponsored

gametyme89

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It will turn back on by itself if you have the climate control on, the less your AC temp deviates from ambient temp the longer it takes.
That probably makes sense. My auto AC thing is always set to 72. Auto fan speed set to the middle (2) lights. Maybe that's why? Thanks for the info! Glad it's not broken 😅

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Internal to the transmission is an accumulator that is pressurized when the engine is running. Its pressure is used to keep the transmission pressure up so the transmission is in gear when the engine starts. The accumulator leaks pressure over time, (actually the servos and clutches leak) so when the internal transmission pressure drops enough, the engine will be restarted to avoid slippage when the engine would start after releasing the brake. IOW, the pressure falls, and to avoid jerky operation as the engine re-starts, transmission in gear, it is started before the pressure would release the internal clutch/servo.
tom

Buyerfind

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Hybrid Lariat,No Deletes,10/5/21 order 11/5/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Internal to the transmission is an accumulator that is pressurized when the engine is running. Its pressure is used to keep the transmission pressure up so the transmission is in gear when the engine starts. The accumulator leaks pressure over time, (actually the servos and clutches leak) so when the internal transmission pressure drops enough, the engine will be restarted to avoid slippage when the engine would start after releasing the brake. IOW, the pressure falls, and to avoid jerky operation as the engine re-starts, transmission in gear, it is started before the pressure would release the internal clutch/servo.
tom
Yeah...what he said!

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just bought the auto start stop eliminator off evilbay. Now I just need the truck to put it in.
Sponsored