James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a 2023 XLT WITH 2500 miles on it with a luxury package. Suddenly my auto dim head lights are no longer working. I can find a way to turn them back on in setting. How do I get them to start working again?
Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Auto-dimming headlights?

The headlights can default to auto on/off but they do not dim.

You can also have auto hi-beams that can be activated by pulling on the left turn signal stalk

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes, they do. That feature (or annoyance) is on all trim levels. I turned it off in the vehicle settings of my XL, because it just doesn't work well at all on the hilly curvy roads where I live.

OP: Toggling the setting OFF & back ON again, in your Vehicle settings may fix it.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, they do. That feature (or annoyance) is on all trim levels. I turned it off in the vehicle settings of my XL, because it just doesn't work well at all on the hilly curvy roads where I live.

OP: Toggling the setting OFF & back ON again, in your Vehicle settings may fix it.
You mean your headlights DIM more than lo-beam? I've never heard of such a thing.

Don't forget the second part of my original comment that addressed auto hi-beams:

You can also have auto hi-beams that can be activated by pulling on the left turn signal stalk

Ford Maverick Auto dimming headlights not working 1704990497988

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I have a 2023 XLT WITH 2500 miles on it with a luxury package. Suddenly my auto dim head lights are no longer working. I can find a way to turn them back on in setting. How do I get them to start working again?
Hello! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this headlight concern? Thank you!

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you have the auto button on dash turned on to select(yellow is on)? If so then when it gets dark enough the trucks lights will shine.

Phil Ricotta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Atlas Blue XLT LUX HYBRID - CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have found that if you push the High Beam Lever forward they go to High Beams Always On Mode if you push it again it goes into Auto High Beam Mode. Repeatedly pushing it alternates between Always on to Auto Lowering Mode. Look for the Blue indicator on you display to show what Mode you are in.

Carjack

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Taurus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

So far I really like the feature.

bh0307

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have found that if you push the High Beam Lever forward they go to High Beams Always On Mode if you push it again it goes into Auto High Beam Mode. Repeatedly pushing it alternates between Always on to Auto Lowering Mode. Look for the Blue indicator on you display to show what Mode you are in.
Phil you are right thats how it works

Sponsored

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Auto-dimming headlights?

There is some confusion here. There are two "automatic" headlight features. 1. Set the round light selection knob to the left of the steering wheel to the icon with the "A" circled = headlights turn on in low light conditions but NOT high beams. 2. Auto high beam - turn that off or on in "settings". If you set it to "off" you will manually turn on high beams with the stalk. If you set auto high beam to "on" a sensor will turn on high beams when ambient light is low and there are no oncoming vehicles with headlights detected by the sensor. Does that help?

OP
OP

marsman02144

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There is some confusion here. There are two "automatic" headlight features. 1. Set the round light selection knob to the left of the steering wheel to the icon with the "A" circled = headlights turn on in low light conditions but NOT high beams. 2. Auto high beam - turn that off or on in "settings". If you set it to "off" you will manually turn on high beams with the stalk. If you set auto high beam to "on" a sensor will turn on high beams when ambient light is low and there are no oncoming vehicles with headlights detected by the sensor. Does that help?
Thanks for the info. However when I go to settings I don't have an option for setting "Auto High Beams". The feature worked when I first got the truck and I like it as I travel the back roads at night and they dimming and then go back to high beams after a car had passed. Any other thoughts?

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Zero confusion on my end. I understand exactly how the headlights work.

subiefiles

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY23 Mav Lariat (+lots of Subarus)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I dont have any setting on my '23 Lariat to disable the auto high beams. They are very annoying...
Sponsored