Edrobyn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve been reading comments about how folks are liking their Maverick and just wondered if there are those who are a little disappointed with theirs. If so, why are you disappointed and what vehicle did you have before?
Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The hybrid brakes NVH noise vibration harshness is disappointing.

I had one of the first 10,000 Ford Hybrids ever made back in 2005 and the brakes were pretty darn smooth and at least consistent. So brakes are biggest bummer for me. Still fun to drive it tho. Gotta smile at 50+ MPG in a truck week after week.

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am pleased and the only thing I don’t like is the Apple car play cable connection. The cable is in the way. Otherwise all is good

Sponsored

dhill59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No Disappointments. I've been lucky. I wanted an XLT Hybrid and ended up with an XL Hybrid. I miss full size electric adjustable mirrors - not a biggie as once they are adjusted correctly, it really doesn't matter. And slightly miss cruise control which appears to be easily corrected.

I LOVE my all black interior (OK, a little bit of blue - but not much - no orange). Basically, the XL has the BAP for free. I'm even learning to like the steelies. When I was much younger, we painted black wheels silver . . . now it looks like silver wheels are painted black? For $19,995 - I'm super happy!

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The biggest disappointment I have is the interior plastic is absolute trash.

But I can't be mad at that because I knew that's exactly what it was going to be.

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT EB FX4 Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe I’m still in the honeymoon phase but truly it’s great. Yeah some plastics where maybe a luxury car wouldn’t have em but they are just fine. Infotainment, again, not out of a Bentley or something but works fine. Stereo works as it should. I just smile when I look out at it or when I’m driving it, great little truck. Peppy in the corners, comfy, smooth ride, no louder than my Honda Accord inside, just don’t see a need to bash it much. I guess the door handle plastic feels cheap, and one touch up/down window I miss, that’s about it.

RyanS93

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux EcoBoost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was concerned after waiting 10 months that it was going to fall flat and I’d be disappointed having built it up in my head.

I’m pleased to say after a little over a month and almost 2,000 miles I am very happy with the Maverick. I would agree that the infotainment system is slow and a little buggy. It’s perfectly usable but not the best system I have used. The engine also does not have the most inspiring noise but not really something that matters on a vehicle like this. The interior plastics are hard and cheap but the fit and finish on mine has been great and no rattles or other issues. I have not had any issues with scratching but I can see how it could be an issue if you are harder on your truck. I also wish the bottom seat cushion was a little longer to offer better thigh support but I find the cushions themselves to be very comfortable, love the XLT cloth and the power seat with lumbar adjustment on the Lux is great.

The overall driving experience and utility of the Maverick is excellent in my opinion. It has a solid feel, great handling, comfortable ride, and I think a pretty quiet interior. It is all relative and coming from a pretty loud and very stiff Subaru WRX the Maverick is extremely quiet and smooth in comparison.

I also think the amount of features and capability you get for the money is astounding and overall I think it feels like a quality made and thoughtfully designed vehicle. Time will tell if it is reliable.

carbonmav05

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Eco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
honestly, someone will always find something to be disappointed in with the vehicle or any vehicle. almost all the things i’ve read about issues i have not experienced or do not think are issues, so i am grateful for that. it is what you make it. i had a 2016 mustang and i am loving this vehicle and that was a very drastic switch. if you wanna nitpick on a 20-30k utility small truck, you can, or just be grateful it’s even an option in the economy of todays world because it likely shouldn’t be!

Sponsored

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The ease of scratching the interior plastics, is my only disappointment.

I traded an XL Eco AWD on a Lariat Hybrid, and can't find anything else to be upset about.

Sync 3 is much faster in the Lariat than the non-sync stereo. It was a poor experience in the XL, but it is made a little better with a wireless Carplay adapter, way less issues than when I was hardwired.

Power locking tailgate + Cruise was missed on the XL. If you buy an XL IMO those are must adds after a purchase.

When I got the first one, I drove 8 hours and tried to temper expectations, but I loved it the whole ride whole.

When I traded for the Lariat, again tried to temper expectations, but 10000% happy with the increase in price for what I gained in creature comforts.

belmor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I came from a 2016 Colorado. The infotainment and sound system in the Colorado was LIGHT YEARS ahead of the Maverick which is six model years newer.

Love the power, truck is very comfortable and heated seats are great. I tow a 3500lb shaved ice trailer weekly and it does great. Overall it does what I need at a reasonable price.

Newtotrucksvt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am pleased and the only thing I don’t like is the Apple car play cable connection. The cable is in the way. Otherwise all is good
I too wish the car play was wireless. In the meantime I got these and they work really well: USB 3.0 Adapter 90 Degree Male to Female Combo Vertical Up and Down Angle Coupler Connector by Oxsubor https://a.co/d/iICvLt1

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No real complaints but the information screen could be a little brighter and goofy cubby is something of an after thought but understand why so more of annoyance that gets only back burner status if even that. Last is wind buffeting with drivers window down but there are fixes by dropping rear windows a tad of if you have the sliding rear glass just open it. My new XLT will be without the sliding glass since I know if I have to crawl in the back seat to open it will never happen so why buy it.

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Get the rear sliding glass so you can stick long stuff through the opening like pvc and 2x4. Also, if you have to sleep in the back seat you will have a window you can reach up and open and close. Lastly the sliding back window has its heritage in trucks and it will make your vehicle feel more like a traditional truck plus aid in resale. Hey it’s only $150.
Sponsored