Sponsored

Are Reports of Hybrid Issues After Recall Software Update Slowing?

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I need an oil change, but am leery of taking it in to the dealership for fear that they install the software updates that are/were bricking the Hybrids. I feel like we are seeing less posts about the issue. It that true? Have they actually slowed, or are people just not reporting it as much because of all of the threads already in existence?

Anyone had the issue lately? Or had the recall software update in question recently and not had any issues?
Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I need an oil change, but am leery of taking it in to the dealership for fear that they install the software updates that are/were bricking the Hybrids. I feel like we are seeing less posts about the issue. It that true? Have they actually slowed, or are people just not reporting it as much because of all of the threads already in existence?

Anyone had the issue lately? Or had the recall software update in question recently and not had any issues?
Ford seems to have fixed an error in that software in mid/late March. I haven't seen someone who's had their PCM software updated after that have an issue.

Bobbydontchaknow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m in the same position. We’ll will be in a month and am leery of taking mine it to. Already canceled for an inspection because of it and took it somewhere else that was reputable. Then when talking to the mechanic about my Mav he was arguing that the hybrid doesn’t take full synthetic oil and now I won’t take it back to him. SMH. I might try and do it myself this go round.

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Took mine in Tuesday for the tail light recall and oil and filter change. Everything took about a half hour. Had the other two recalls done a few weeks ago. Have driven about 150 miles, mostly hiway, since the last recall with nothing to note.
I'm feeling lucky. Here's hoping everything goes OK for you.
Kind of like playing Russian Roulette with these things.

Sponsored

Thoron99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well I was waiting for my next oil change to get the recalls done, but my instrument cluster went out driving home from work yesterday. The fuse checked out okay so I guess I’m getting the recalls done next week.

The actual needles and the idiot lights still work, but there is no backlight for the instruments and no info display.

(assuming this is related to the instrument cluster recall)

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I’m getting the 3 most current recalls done on June 3rd. 🤞🏼

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems like some dealers are not installing the software updates properly. Hopefully your dealer knows what they are doing.

cyberdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those with issues who received the updated BCM programming seem to be quiet, indicating it fixed the issue, and the last few posts were of those having the recall performed at least several weeks ago.

We need some recently performed recalls within the past couple of weeks to chime in. Problem is many only chime in when something goes wrong. The new wrench in the mix is they're now going to also flash the fire recall, for which my notice arrived on Wednesday, along with an offer by the local Ford dealer to call and schedule my recall.....not the seller dealership my brother works at. <Apparently Ford {or someone} shares the owner information, or makes it easily available for the dealers to access>. I've had issues with the local dealer in the past many years ago and do not use them, and would take the 30-40 minute drive or have their mobile service come down first.

Sponsored

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm in the same boat. I still am holding off for a few more months to make sure Ford has worked out the bugs. The truck runs perfectly now and I certainly don't want to screw it up over recalls.

OP
OP

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks everyone, I think I'm going to roll the dice and go ahead and get everything done. Fingers crossed the Maverick gods are with me (and the dealership).

NedF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was a '23 now a '24 Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been wondering if they are going to start keeping multiple versions of code for those affected by recalls (like the fire issue - not the taillight type recalls that affect all models) or if we all will get it as a bonus code at some point.

Kmagetto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I just had 4 recalls done on Wednesday on my 2022 hybrid. So far all seems good. They were 24C01, 23C41, 24S27 and 23S27 recalls/updates.

Rlward

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Fird Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

No problems from my software updates. Another one to go. Replaced my four rear led brake lights under warranty.
Sponsored