Sponsored

Anyone use a wireless CarPlay adapter yet?

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
I like using CarPlay with my phone. But it sucks that you always have to plug it in. I’ve seen ads for a wireless CarPlay adapter. Anyone have any experience with them? I see several models on Amazon. A lot have shit reviews.
Sponsored

AndrewSKY117

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Honda Civic
I'm curious on this too, probably don't want mine always plugged in either if I could help it.

perfectlyfrank

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I tired the Carlinkit 3.0. It kept rebooting itself, so I returned it to Amazon.

LowLeadAV

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am thinking about this too. Also maybe turning the spot where the wireless charger would be on my XLT into an actual wireless charger

Efab

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FWD 2.0 EB LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had the carlinkit 3.0 on my previous vehicle. 2021 corolla. It worked flawlessly. But on the maverick i cant figure it out, might be a issue because theres no actual option for carplay on the display, its just automatic once you plug phone in. I already spent enough money on the maverick so im waiting on someone else’s good results before i buy a new device 😂 ill follow this thread for anyone that can figure a good device out. Theres a new carlinkit ai box that gives you full android and can also make it a wireless carplay adapter. But its 300 on amazon. Anyone want to try?

Sponsored

advhawk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Triumph Street Twin, BMW G650 X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Efab

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FWD 2.0 EB LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

shizelbs

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Shame. Worked pretty well in my Mazda. Regardless, thanks for posting this thread. Saved me from myself and wasting yet more time trying to get it to work.

Dave S

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I tried carplay2air. Does NOT work in my xlt. Tech support tried an update and other items but no

Then I had less than a week to return to CHINA and a $ 25 return fee

Sold it on Facebook instead

Don’t waste your money or time

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Sponsored

jwiedle24

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat w/Luxury Pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to this thread, it may or may not work depending on your trim…but if you’re wanting to chance it, this Carlinkit 3.0 listing has a $39 coupon right now you can clip so it’s only $60. Got a couple to try in our current Mazdas and if it works great, if not I’ll return them before I ever get to test it in my TBD Maverick.

Limited-time deal: CarlinKit 3.0 CarPlay Wireless Connection, Knowing Your Car. Updated UI interface, Wireless CarPlay Adapter fit for iPhone iOS 13 Above, compatible with Apple CarPlay Cars from 2015

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Funny thing is I'm typing this while looking at the multiple Cplay2air ads on this site. I'm waiting for mine to arrive but now wish I wasn't. 😖 It's not even the plugging up the phone I'm getting it for... it's the leaving it plugged in and having to go back to the truck and get it constantly that pushed me to buy it (and it was on sale). 🙄

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the CarlInkit 2.0 for my aftermarket Pioneer Appradio and it's been (mostly) awesome. Really great to leave my phone in my pocket instead of plugging in, especially for short drives. Typically it picks right up connected, music plays where I left off, but it has been hinky lately. Sometimes it drops out on a drive, back to main screen, then reconnects itself (annoying when using Google Maps for an unfamiliar destination); and more recently the streaming music gets stuck. If I was using Spotify in my last drive, Spotify will start, but music won't play, even if changing playlists. I have to choose a different source (like Pandora) to sort of reset it and get something playing.

It's a great product, especially for $100 or less, but not flawless. I will see how it goes in the Mav when it (ever) arrives, and then decide maybe to upgrade to the 3.0 model.

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So for those who are much smarter on Carplay than me (okay, pretty much everyone), how could XLT/XL tell the difference what is plugged into the port whether a wired or wireless link? Is it because the Maverick is hogging up the Bluetooth? What if you disabled Bluetooth on the truck since not needed with wireless so it wouldn't interfere? What does the Sync3 have that is different? Just some random thoughts.

Jezmund_Berserker

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have this one in another car and it works great.
https://cplay2air.com

I see someone above say that it did not work with their XLT. I believe them and would like to troubleshoot this myself a bit to see if I could get it working.

I suspect that the manufacturer will figure out how to get it working with the audio interface in the XL/XLT models. They’ve done a lot of updates over the years as non-working vehicles are brought to their attention.
Sponsored