mav_nav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I live in Texas and for me it is a complete waste. Very glad Ford made it an option so that I didn't have to pay for something I absolutely do not want.

My previous vehicle was a 2015 Honda Fit Ex that had a sunroof. I never used it over the 7 years I owned the Fit. What also galled me was that the Canadian version had no sunroof but an Auto Climate Control.

Before the Fit I had a 1998 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab and no sunroof. Never needed it then either.

The only car I owned with a sunroof that I used on was a 1987 Mazda 626. I owned for 11 years.

When I was younger I did use it a few times in the spring when temps were mild. However when I got pooped :poop: on by a bird as I was traveling at 45 MPH with the sunroof open it lost any appeal to me.
I do believe it is a sport and some birds are really good at it
Sponsored

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
My Maverick is a dealer order, and the moonroof was not in my plans. It is an okay item, but not something I wanted.
I would have pick the Fx4 package for around the same cost of a moonroof. No complaints about it.

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine came with one... It's nice. Little Noisey above 45mph.

bsly137

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Honda Civic
I have one but it rarely gets used. I also have the rear slide glass window that never gets used. I do like the moonroof though. You can live without it though.

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love having moonroofs/sunroofs in my vehicles up here in Washington State. Since it is dark and gloomy 7-8 months a year, it's nice to have any extra natural light. Even if it's gray light. And in those rare sunny days in the rain season, the sunroof is a magnificent thing to have. We have to take every opportunity we can for maximum sunshine!!!

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Keep hearing that - sat in a Maverick with moon-roof and one without and both gave me at least 3 inches of clearance and I'm 6'2"... I could not see any difference in clearance.
the Maverick tech sheet says its actually 2.3 inches lower.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone here order or have a sunroof in your maverick? Thinking to change my order and add a sunroof, is really worth it?
Never had one, so I can't say if its worth it. I was thinking about getting it on my Maverick, but I'll lose the sunglass storage on the roof, and since I've never had one...
However, I did get the sliding back window so I can get fresh air if I want to and not mess up my hair using a side window. 😎 :sneaky:

Last edited:

houselog442

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
When I got mine, it came with the moonroof, I occasionally use it if I got a window down (this is the good time of year here) and it’s alright, the wierd thing is if you have it open a bug net opens in the front but no air really passes into the cabin, which I thought it would.

Ford Maverick Anyone order sunroof? Worth it? FE598C24-45FA-4BBB-BA85-F538CE2FF826

Sponsored

spuds_mackenzie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hot pepper red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have one on mine. I really enjoy it and glad I got one. First vehicle I've owned with a moonroof/sunroof. The only thing I worry about is inevitably forgetting to close it one night and it comes a downpour while I'm asleep. Also worried about it leaking at some point in the future, but I'll cross that road if/when it gets here.

Thunderdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Had the dual panel moonroof in my f150 and that was horrible. Thing rattled or the rubber gasket would make noise. Sometimes it would stop working when closing or opening. The the plastic frame broke. There are pages of problems on the f150 forums about them. The smaller ones are more reliable, but its one more thing to break, the seals go bad getting baked in the North Carolina heat, if you get caught in hail it could be a very bad day.

I never left the sunshade open during the summer because it was way to hot. The last down fall for me is the things are usually not far enough forward to add to the open feeling for the front passengers. You get light but not the sky, like if you open a bronco or jeep soft top, the open outdoor feel since it opens from the front window back is really nice, but my sunroofs just bakes my head.

Phranc68

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Ram 3500, Honda Odyssey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a Maverick without. I generally love them, but had two cars where the interior road/rack wind noise was too much on long drives.

However, I ended up buying a Maverick off the lot and it has one and I'm so glad. I am 6'2" and the reduced interior roof height is not an issue.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone here order or have a sunroof in your maverick? Thinking to change my order and add a sunroof, is really worth it?
I ordered a sunroof. I love to use it early in the mornings when it is cool outside with the heater going. I stay warm but have circulating fresh air. It is a good design with a wind buffer that comes up when opened all the way. During the day when it is warm I often just raise the back of the moonroof. Both ways have minimal wind noise. Like I said, it's a good design although it's been around for many years.
Sponsored