First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The TPMS sensor will still work. The tool is needed if you want the locations on the monitoring to be correct.
But, just a thought, if one sensor trips it's probably a good idea to go around and check them all anyway?
I just put snows on my Bronco Sport. I was able to do the relearn procedure w/o a tool, by setting up the learn process and letting out air as I documented in a previous post.
Sponsored

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nokian Hakkapeliitta 10's 235/65R17 on Maverick Steelie take-off's (thanks @BootXL76) on my 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands. Yes, I still need to put on the center caps. I intend to paint these black this summer.

Ford Maverick Anyone Have Winter Tires Yet? BS Hap 10

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
Dude, you are the one who ventured into a thread discussing snow tires with the boast post " Drove in over a foot of snow and ice today. Did not need snow tires lol". So you were the one bragging about your superior driving abilities, and again w/the "drove in feet of snow with RWD only vehicles with no snow tires". Wow, aren't you the great driver! I imagine you could do quite fine with slicks on your wheels in three, maybe four feet of snow!

There are plenty of people who don't use snows where I live, and plenty that do. Is there a difference between having good snows and not having them...yes there is, and anyone can research snow tire tests to see the difference.

All I was pointing out is that there is a difference in what is good for North Carolina (even Ashville) and way upstate NY. I also said it is based on what I want. I too learned to drive with RWD in plenty of snow on hilly roads (Western PA) with no snow tires. So what? Does that mean I can't and shouldn't take advantage of snows now? If you think that is a pissing contest, then I too don't know what to tell you.

So how about you let us discuss what snow's we are buying/using in peace?
Testament to the capability of the AWD Maverick, even on the factory Conti's. Nothing to do with bragging about driving. It isn't that serious brother.

Sponsored

fbov

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape Hybrid
You guys with the Hakkas are making me doubt my choices, not to mention making me jealous, also!
Don't doubt your choices, re-evaluate your decision process. It may still be valid. You may not have the driving needs of an active skier in mountainous terrain with spotty road maintenance.
Drove in over a foot of snow and ice today. Did not need snow tires lol
That's not surprising. I got through a winter on OEM tires, too. Key words are "got through."
We have differing needs, values, and wants.
This is the point.

For some, just "getting through" is not acceptable. You can't cover distance at a crawl. If you want to get from Point A to Point B regardless the weather, there are tires that enable it. Forward visibility has always been my limiting factor, but they know how to maintain roads in Upstate NY (and when to close them).

The only news is that 12-month tires are now available with much better snow performance than every before. I've been able to compare them, back-to-back, with good snow tires, and the vehicle driving dynamics in snow are nearly identical. I'm out of the steel wheel market for the first time in decades.
Thank you. Will buy the tool.
Do the test before you buy anything. I got the same rigmarole when I put snows on the C-Max. It turns out that no tool was needed.
Testament to the capability of the AWD Maverick, even on the factory Conti's.
Tire technology is advancing. New rubbers maintain softness at low temperature, without high wear rates in summer heat. They're at the heart of these all-weather tires with 3PMSF rating. My OEMs were Bridgestone Ecopia 442 HL, and they had far better grip on snow (braking, turning) than the tread pattern would lead you to expect. So happens, they show up in a TFL test! (I suspect the Conti's were similarly spec'ed.)

jst2bd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Hope to have my hybrid by summer/fall. Plan on swapping for all weather tires right away, had good experience running a set of Khumho all weathers on my last car. Should be able sell the stock tires to recoup the cost.

All weathers do not cost much more than all seasons, I wish OEM would offer them as stock.

OP
OP

JMEG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid, '06 Volvo V70 AWD, '90 CR-X SiR
So after having driven in all different conditions since getting my Michelin X-Ice Snow tires on Tuesday I can say they are pretty decent. I can also say the size and weight of the FWD Maverick makes it a completely different vehicle in the snow than the FWD cars I was used to prior to my Maverick, so I'm going to have to drive a whole lot more carefully when the roads get messy.

It'll spin the front wheels much easier on fresh snow and I felt it want to slide the back end out going around an icy bend, nothing too crazy has happened yet as I'm not a fast driver but I'm going to have to be extra cautious. There's nothing really comparable out there, vehicles this size aren't usually front wheel drive, and I kind of feel some of us will have to get used to it.

It'll take a full season to know if it's fully worthy of it but my first impression is that I would highly recommend studded snow tires on one of these. If it comes down to it I can sell these in the fall and get better tires for next winter. Michelin, Conti, or Nokian studded winters are probably worth the extra few hundred bucks you'll spend.

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So after having driven in all different conditions since getting my Michelin X-Ice Snow tires on Tuesday I can say they are pretty decent. I can also say the size and weight of the FWD Maverick makes it a completely different vehicle in the snow than the FWD cars I was used to prior to my Maverick, so I'm going to have to drive a whole lot more carefully when the roads get messy.

It'll spin the front wheels much easier on fresh snow and I felt it want to slide the back end out going around an icy bend, nothing too crazy has happened yet as I'm not a fast driver but I'm going to have to be extra cautious. There's nothing really comparable out there, vehicles this size aren't usually front wheel drive, and I kind of feel some of us will have to get used to it.

It'll take a full season to know if it's fully worthy of it but my first impression is that I would highly recommend studded snow tires on one of these. If it comes down to it I can sell these in the fall and get better tires for next winter. Michelin, Conti, or Nokian studded winters are probably worth the extra few hundred bucks you'll spend.
Are they x-ice SNOW SUV or just SNOW?

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The only remotely comparable vehicle would be a FWD Rridgeline I would think. I suspect putting some sandbags in the bed would help a lot with that loose rear end.
Sponsored