Sponsored

Anyone have trouble with auto door lock/unlock?

KHut

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Sportrac, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the quick fix. Mine too stopped working, so I deactivated and then re-activated and now its working again... Much appreciate!

Sponsored

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So many things going wrong. I'm getting cold feet buying a ford. Had my 4runner for 21 years; everything still works 298,000 miles later. Never considered a Ford until the Maverick. Now, after reading about all the issues and lack of help from Ford, on this forum, I'm out of the car buying nightmare. Feels good. I just eliminated a load of stress.

jeffrol48197

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Explorer, 2009 Focus, 2019 Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Less than a week, 250~ miles and same thing happening to me.

Auto unlock/lock was working... but now it seems like it isn't. Only the passenger side was working. The remote start feature on my fob stopped working, too. Tailgate doesn't work at all.

I set up an appointment with the dealer to look at it next week (plus my uneven tailgate cable).

While I was on the phone scheduling the appointment I started messing around with the settings. I think I disabled then enabled it. Suddenly it's working!

Except for the tailgate... is the tailgate supposed to have intelligent access/auto unlock as well?
Broadcast Messages
Jul 13 2022 2022 Maverick - Front Driver Door Can Not Be Unlocked Using Intelligent Access - Built On Or Before 13-May-2022
Some 2022 Maverick vehicles built on or before 13-May-2022 may exhibit a condition where the front driver door can not be unlocked using the intelligent access(passive entry feature). This may be due to the software in the body control module (BCM). To correct the condition, reprogram the BCM module using the latest software level of the Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS). For claiming, use causal part 15604 and applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.

Hack

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 & 2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine did the same thing. I just went into options, turned off Intelligent Access, locked, unlocked, turned it back on, and it has been working fine ever since.
THANK YOU! I was having the same problems with the driver side door and that fixed it.

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim, once they fix your Mav , I found this video of how to change the unlock to 1 click instead of 2. This makes more sense unless you live in a bad area and worry about someone hopping in the passenger side.

RichApple

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My ’first edition’ Lariat etc..has done this twice now.
Fix has been ‘On the Steering wheel, Menu Settings/Vehicle/Locks/Intelligent Access.’ turn off then turn on. Still not sure why it fails intermittently - driver side only…pax handle works fine

Sponsored

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So many things going wrong. I'm getting cold feet buying a ford. Had my 4runner for 21 years; everything still works 298,000 miles later. Never considered a Ford until the Maverick. Now, after reading about all the issues and lack of help from Ford, on this forum, I'm out of the car buying nightmare. Feels good. I just eliminated a load of stress.
21 years ago no car had the electronics todays cars have. Therefore, there was nothing to go wrong with an older vehicle!

peekaypee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Pickup, Maverick Lariat Hybrid & Tremor
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes. I took it to my dealership and they reset it. It’s been working for about a week now.
Hi and to whom it may concern Is your passenger door handle still unlocking/locking with your hand since the dealer reset it? Mine was working great from when I purchased my Maverick for about 1 year, but now it doesn't unless I drive it for a while and then it seems to reset and go back to being unresponsive.

Red Hot Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Driver side stopped working. Dealership replaced handle first, still didn’t work and ended up replacing BCM. Now fixed.

Hack

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 & 2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
THANK YOU! I was having the same problems with the driver side door and that fixed it.
And it happened again - and this fixed it again.
Sponsored