First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One of my most favorite features was being able to put my hand in the door handle and have it unlock the truck or pressing the little ridges on the handle and locking the truck 🥰 So the other day I get ready for my walk, get out of my truck (key in pocket), press the ridges on the handle and nothing happens🤔 Decided to investigate further when I finished my walk.

Read the manual again and trouble shooting tips but still not working. Thought if I let her sleep for the night it might start working the next day but no😥 Could I have worn out this feature already😱

Anyone else experience this?
Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One of my most favorite features was being able to put my hand in the door handle and have it unlock the truck or pressing the little ridges on the handle and locking the truck 🥰 So the other day I get ready for my walk, get out of my truck (key in pocket), press the ridges on the handle and nothing happens🤔 Decided to investigate further when I finished my walk.

Read the manual again and trouble shooting tips but still not working. Thought if I let her sleep for the night it might start working the next day but no😥 Could I have worn out this feature already😱

Another user just reported this recently and their dealer narrowed it down to needing to replace the handle, waiting on the part. Maybe your handle is kaputt as well? Both lock and unlock touch are not working? What about passenger side?

Some others reported on a software issue that needs a reset.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/driver-side-door-handle.12515/

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/proximity-keyless-entry-door-handle-failed.11221/

Last edited:

jimbo722

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

My hybrid Lariat had this feature stopped working on the driver side only (the side I use the most, of course), while the passenger side continued to work) I simply disabled the intelligent lock feature and enabled it again, now it's working as it should. Hopefully, it will stay that way

OP
OP
GreenLady

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another user just reported this recently and their dealer narrowed it down to needing to replace the handle, waiting on the part. Maybe your handle is kaputt as well? Both lock and unlock touch are not working? What about passenger side?

Some others reported on a software issue that needs a reset.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/driver-side-door-handle.12515/

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/proximity-keyless-entry-door-handle-failed.11221/
Thank you for the links and thoughts! I had not checked the passenger side as I rarely use that door So I went out and checked it right after reading your post and yes the passenger side works.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GreenLady

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid Lariat had this feature stopped working on the driver side only (the side I use the most, of course), while the passenger side continued to work) I simply disabled the intelligent lock feature and enabled it again, now it's working as it should. Hopefully, it will stay that way
This does seem to be the same issue as what I’m experiencing so I guess I will head to the manual again and read how to disable it and restart. I guess this is the same as so many other electronics, unplug, wait 30 seconds and plug back in lol! Thank you!

Update: Resetting the handle lock/unlock feature did not work so I will either wait until it warms up outside to disconnect the battery or have the dealer work on this when I take it in for the squeak in the right front wheel when I go over speed bumps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GreenLady

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine did the same. Disconnected the battery for @ 30 seconds. Has worked flawlessly since.
I feel a little more comfortable disabling the system rather than disconnecting the battery so I will try that first. If that doesn’t work I will try the battery next. I guess at some point I will have to open the hood and look inside lol! Thank you for your tip!

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel a little more comfortable disabling the system rather than disconnecting the battery so I will try that first. If that doesn’t work I will try the battery next. I guess at some point I will have to open the hood and look inside lol! Thank you for your tip!
Did you find out why your battery died?

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The 12V battery on the Hybrid is below the rear bench seat.

OP
OP
GreenLady

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you find out why your battery died?
I don’t remember my Mav battery dying at any point, now my previous EV always had a dead battery it seemed.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GreenLady

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The 12V battery on the Hybrid is below the rear bench seat.
Whew, I thought I was going to have to open the hood 🫣 Wonder how long I can go before I do need to open it lol! 🤔

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
GreenLady

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Whew, I thought I was going to have to open the hood 🫣 Wonder how long I can go before I do need to open it lol! 🤔
I recommend opening it just for inspection purposes if nothing else. Last year my Prius was being used by a ground squirrel for food storage. I had popped nuts all over the darn place. Back in late 2013 my new F150 had a bunch of wires and insulation eaten by mice. That was brand new from the dealer, I opened the hood when I got it home to see the damage.

A big reason is familiarity. If you’re familiar with what normal looks like you will spot oddities under the hood.

OP
OP
GreenLady

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I recommend opening it just for inspection purposes if nothing else. Last year my Prius was being used by a ground squirrel for food storage. I had popped nuts all over the darn place. Back in late 2013 my new F150 had a bunch of wires and insulation eaten by mice. That was brand new from the dealer, I opened the hood when I got it home to see the damage.

A big reason is familiarity. If you’re familiar with what normal looks like you will spot oddities under the hood.
Yes, I’m sure I should open the hood and check it! After years of timing my motor, changing oil, replacing brake shoes and everything else that I needed to do on my ‘73 Dodge van while traveling around the country I decided I was not doing any more automotive work when I sold it in the 80’s. I think that’s the reason I don’t look under the hood anymore! But you were absolutely right and I will go do it right now when I go out to reset the keyless entry handle.

OK, I looked under the hood and it looks fine except for the dust/dirt ☹. No squirrels or mice yet!
Sponsored

Last edited: