MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is why we are getting the XL hybrid with nothing but a hitch. In 2022 we ordered an XLT simply for the cruise. When we rolled over to a 2023 we couldn't switch to the XL fast enough. With private offer we should be right at $21k
This is the way.

Once you spend around $30k - or for whatever reason, more - the stuff starts to look a lot less acceptable.
Sponsored

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Excuse my ignorance. In the past felt that the more premium trims went down separate production lines and hopefully had better workers. Know that is not true with the Maverick and may have never been true.

That said the exterior body panels all seemed lined properly. Been disappointed with the left side support for the drivers seat and a few strong abrupt engine shudders. Will monitor things and not sweating things as mine seems to be put together well. If there is an issue with the shudder or something else, it will need to be consistent enough to bring it in for work. Feel bad for anyone, who's Maverick was not assembled properly.

As far as the parts design, hoping the refresh in 2-3 years will cure the woes some of you face and for others that is not acceptable, it's your money and have the right to feel how you do. Think Ford is stuck with what we are getting, as others have said, once you're in the mid 30's range, there are other nice options. The hybrid and electric options will be exploding in the next few years and will be interesting to see the choices Ford makes with it's first refresh in 2-3 years.

Warts and all, the key for me is the Hybrid MAverick exists and was what I'd been hoping for. A truck with the SUV ride, not too big and very good gas mileage.

res0991

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unimpressed with the build quality…I’ll be impressed when they actually build mine. :ROFLMAO:

pac87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
Undecided
City folk here. I have multiple friends very interested in the Mav and not a single one owns a truck. Their cars right now are all hatchbacks, sedans and the occasional Subaru.

Trucks having garbage gas mileage, oversized for city garages, high price tag and limited backseat space has been a huge deterrent for folks buying trucks. For those folks the Mav is a perfectly targeted vehicle.
Limited backseat space? Have you ever seen the inside of a supercrew F150?

Sponsored

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Actually, I am very favorably impressed with the build quality of my Mavericks. No complaints.

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

City dweller here, 3 weeks in, finding I’ve got to add 15+- minutes per errand run to account for neighbors and inquisitive strangers in parking lots asking questions, all are currently driving sedans, SUV’s and crossovers (whatever those are) and want what this Maverick offers.

2 this week have ‘23 Hybrids ordered, know they’re in for a long wait (different than many of the ‘22’s who believed their salesman’s “6 maybe 10 weeks” delivery mirage). They also know they may not get a ‘23.

I’ve directed the participants of each of these conversations to MTC, warning them they’ll learn a lot, but have to sift through a lot of gak in the process. And Tim Bartz/Long McArthur, of course

Apparently, based on these conversations, I guess I’m driving a Unicorn, and very happy to be doing so. Very happy.

Last edited:

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It seems there’s this trope developed about the build quality. OP found a few things to list, one of which should be addressed under warranty. It falls into the interior plastics meme. I’m sure there are various minor issues that should be addrressed, but in general, I find mine to be a very well made vehicle. But I lean more toward optimism, which I’m told is better for the psyche.

My wife’s 2019 RAV4 hybrid ($40k) has some rattles and vibrations and had to go in for fuel tank, fuel pump and fuel gauge replacements (all hybrids had this) and later, another fuel pump replacement. So, Toyota quality is obviously better, eh?

Frankly, aside from the bells and whistles on the RAV4, the Maverick feels like the better vehicle.

And I don’t have friends and neighbors who’d try to shame me for getting the base model, and I’m always up for a humblebrag anyway.

Ragtime Billy Peaches

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f250 Crew Diesel 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It seems there’s this trope developed about the build quality. OP found a few things to list, one of which should be addressed under warranty. It falls into the interior plastics meme. I’m sure there are various minor issues that should be addrressed, but in general, I find mine to be a very well made vehicle. But I lean more toward optimism, which I’m told is better for the psyche.

My wife’s 2019 RAV4 hybrid ($40k) has some rattles and vibrations and had to go in for fuel tank, fuel pump and fuel gauge replacements (all hybrids had this) and later, another fuel pump replacement. So, Toyota quality is obviously better, eh?

Frankly, aside from the bells and whistles on the RAV4, the Maverick feels like the better vehicle.

And I don’t have friends and neighbors who’d try to shame me for getting the base model, and I’m always up for a humblebrag anyway.
Area 51 Poverty edition,,, Good one !
your picture looks like my brothers neighborhood in land Park, love those streets.

Sponsored

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am glad Ford offered the lipstick on the pig options but I only put on a little lipstick. I could have been happy with the XL but for my wife I got the XLT options plus the VERY GOOD bargain 100.00 hitch. Waited only 97 days. Will have had it a Year this Dec 15th. $23,875.00 plus tax, license ect. I think quality if more than acceptable.

I'm sure it's not perfectly designed and built. So what, most people don't keep the cars/trucks all that many years including me. Besides if I was not really happy with it I could (like most owners) can sell it above the break even or way above the break even point. Gotta be some quality if that is possible.

mtd14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
they always start comparing to completely different class of vehicles such as civic, etc. when they should be comparing to what Ford is actually marketing the maverick as
I've said this elsewhere, but people say that because more than 80% of Maverick buyers are first time truck owners, so I don't think anyone is surprised people are comparing it to non-trucks. Even Ford's landing page and gallery for the Maverick feels much more CRV than something like the Ranger, which makes sense if they're trying to embrace what was their top conquest IIRC.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine seems pretty solid.

mtd14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Comparing the 2019 to the 2022/2023 or comparing the current RAV4 to the current Maverick?

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Area 51 Poverty edition,,, Good one !
your picture looks like my brothers neighborhood in land Park, love those streets.
There are a lot of nice tree-lined streets with cool old houses here. That picture was in East Sac.
Sponsored