First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wife's 8 month old Maverick with 6k? miles died in a parking lot last Tuesday. Dealer wouldn't pay for towing; said they couldn't service it for a week (today); said they didn't have a loaner. Today they said it needs a new wiring harness and those are backordered with supply chain issues, and couldn't give a foreseeable repair date. To say I am unhappy is an understatement.
If you search the website there's a video of the battery cable terminal that is at fault, You could take to a reputable repair shop and get it fit in a day, You would have to check with dealer to see if any problems with your warranty

iwanttruck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Maverick unfortunately
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you live somewhere with a lot of corrosion? Curious to see where in the country this is ocurring? Partly cause I am hoping living in AZ this doesnt show up for me (btw I have a 99 Tacoma that has been in AZ all its life and there is ZERO rust)

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have AAA with the up to 200 miles of towing. I don’t mess with the company (ford) towing package. My fall back is my State Farm towing where I pay the bill and they reimburse me. I do not pay for the towing to the service location or my home. If the car is under warranty in most cases ford pays for the rental car not the dealer. My question is Ford refusing to pay for the rental. I would ask to speak to the ford regional quality person on this issue. You can call ford customer service and they can put you in touch with the right person. Did you buy the extended warranty program as that may have provisions. I have a product from a different OEM and under my normal warranty and the extended warranty I get a free rental car. In one situation with the electric stearing box it took two weeks at the dealer to duplicate the problem and a week to repair it. The steering would lock in position on certain clover leafs. I had to take the rep to a known clover leaf where the system would lock up in the turn. When it locked up I would have to force it out of the turn. Scary. Worst part of the experience I had to drive a $70,000 BMW rental while my Mini van was being repaired. I was concerned because I used my personal insurance for the rental coverage. I drove this BMW only when I had to. Too expensive for my taste.
Sponsored