Sponsored

Annoying "Some functions are disabled when moving....." warning.

OP
OP

whtnrdy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AWD Astro, '90 G20 Van, '22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is not always on my screen. It pops us if I slow down below 5mph and then speed up above 5mph, whether I am typing anything or not. So in cities with stop and go traffic, it pops up repeatedly as the car slows and speeds up. I have had it in CarPlay the majority of time so maybe it only does it in that mode, but as I have said before, I don't have to actually be stopped and I don't have to be touching anything.
What screens does it pop up in? You don't have to be actively typing something for it to happen. You could just have a screen where you would type something and it happens, like the number pad to dial a phone number, for example. If you open up this screen and just leave it, it will give you that message.
Thanks for the replies but this isn't what is happening. I just have the normal CarPlay app screen, no apps are open.
Sponsored

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you still have the protective film on it that should be removed? Some people do forget or leave a piece stuck and don’t realize it. If you did remove it, check to make sure none of the steering wheel buttons, etc aren’t sticking and if that doesn’t help, take it back to the dealer.

Some touchscreens are extremely sensitive and if too much force was used installing it or the screen border is too tight, it could be damaged causing it to be stuck on in a corner of the screen. I have broken a likely defective to begin with touchscreen radio before by pressing too hard, no joke and it basically was stuck always clicking a corner of the screen.

I would not clean it or unplug the battery, with all that’s going on lately it’s better to let the dealer troubleshoot first because they might fight you on replacing it when it comes down to it so I would tell them nothing other than the issue of it was me.

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It does this on my Mustang if I'm looking at a text and then start driving. And yes, if I'm in stop and go traffic it will come up and go away depending on how fast I'm going.

The solution is to switch screens to the home page or the audio one.

Reactions: wjg
OP
OP

whtnrdy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It appears that it was an issue with my iPhone/IOS. I just happened to receive my new IPhone 13 last night, set it up to mirror my old phone, and this morning no warnings at all. Which is how it should be. Just like other cars I have driven, whatever settings they don't want to you adjust are disabled when the car is moving, no need to pop a warning every time the car stops or slows down.

My old phone was an XR, and I assume it had the most up to date IOS possible so not sure where the problem was.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve had Fords before and it does that when trying to “type” anything using the screen. Jeep is the same. I don’t see a problem with it. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Sounds like a question of when passenger is seated air bag system knows this. So why can't a passenger make adjustments?

Sponsored

OP
OP

whtnrdy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It does this on my Mustang if I'm looking at a text and then start driving. And yes, if I'm in stop and go traffic it will come up and go away depending on how fast I'm going.

The solution is to switch screens to the home page or the audio one.
FYI, now that I have a new iPhone connected, I no longer get warnings. I tested it by being in a phone app while driving, with the 8" screen in various settings screens, and not once did the warning pop up even after stopping and starting or slowing and speeding up. I think the issue was in my previous phone settings or something. There is no reason for the 8" screen to pop up a warning every time you stop and go since the system literally allows you to adjust 90% of the settings while driving anyways. The settings that they do not want you to adjust while driving should just be disabled, which is how it now appears it works in my Maverick.

Last edited:

Jason R

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Area 51, 2001 S-10 Xtreme
Thank you for posting this. I have had the same issue and it was driving me nuts. Thought I was going to have to turn the screen off while driving in traffic, but now I am going to try and update my iPhone software.

I don’t understand why they would have that message anyway. It may as well say, “For your safety, we’re going to distract you with this pop up message while you’re pulling out into traffic.” Seems more likely to cause an accident than prevent one.

sickser66

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Thank you for posting this. I have had the same issue and it was driving me nuts. Thought I was going to have to turn the screen off while driving in traffic, but now I am going to try and update my iPhone software.

I don’t understand why they would have that message anyway. It may as well say, “For your safety, we’re going to distract you with this pop up message while you’re pulling out into traffic.” Seems more likely to cause an accident than prevent one.

sickser66

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I’m having the same issue with mine. Doesn’t matter if the phone is plugged in or not.

Jason R

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Area 51, 2001 S-10 Xtreme
I’m having the same issue with mine. Doesn’t matter if the phone is plugged in or not.
Updating my phone didn't work either. The message doesn't come up when I am using bluetooth for music instead of CarPlay, so I just stopped using CarPlay for now.

Sponsored
OP
OP

whtnrdy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It came up again yesterday when the phone was plugged in but sleeping, and using radio instead of carplay.

However, this time I was also getting the other common warning repeatedly, "System is using information for content..." or something like that, and this warning has a prompt to click an "OK" button. Both warnings came up every time I slowed and sped up. But when I finally hit the OK button for this other warning, both warnings stopped. This warning has come up every time I start the car for the first time in the day, but it never repeated until today.

But this morning no warnings, and no warnings for a few days until yesterday. Seems to be that these come and go without a consistent reason. Will need to keep figuring out what combination of phone and radio setting is doing this.

Last edited:

New England Aaron

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the new Iphone 13 up to date and this still happens to me, supper annoying.

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I don't think I've ever noticed this screen. I've also never driven my Maverick without my Android phone plugged in. Maybe you guys need to ditch the iPhone. 🤷‍♂️

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick