Sponsored

Annoying "Some functions are disabled when moving....." warning.

whtnrdy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AWD Astro, '90 G20 Van, '22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On my old Subaru, you get this warning once when you start up the vehicle for the first time. And if you try to adjust settings whiled stopped at say a red light, and then start moving, the screen just resets back to main page. In the Maverick, you get the message every single time the car slows down below 5mpg and speeds back up again. You don't even have to be at a complete stop for the warning message to pop up. And it happens every single time, so in traffic it is really annoying. Is this typical for the Ford system?

UPDATE:

So this has nothing to do with touching my screen or Carplay or my phone setting. I figured out that the issue is with Ford Pass. If you activate Ford Pass in your Maverick's Sync system, you will get those warning popups. Deactivate Ford Pass, and you don't get either warning ever.

Which sucks and is super annoying since the app requires it to be active.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-disabled-when-moving-warning.3485/post-95084
Sponsored

Last edited:

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow. My wife's Subie warning drives me nuts. This sounds much worse!

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
So you get this message even if you are not trying to adjust anything? Sounds pretty annoying...

My Mazda disables some settings when in motion (like connecting a blutooth device). Pretty annoying when you're going down the highway and want to listen to someone else's music.. Wish vehicles could identify when a passenger is in the vehicle (or a conveniently placed heavy backpack) and unlock the system so they could make updates...

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

On my old Subaru, you get this warning once when you start up the vehicle for the first time. And if you try to adjust settings whiled stopped at say a red light, and then start moving, the screen just resets back to main page. In the Maverick, you get the message every single time the car slows down below 5mpg and speeds back up again. You don't even have to be at a complete stop for the warning message to pop up. And it happens every single time, so in traffic it is really annoying. Is this typical for the Ford system?
What warning message?

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I’ve had Fords before and it does that when trying to “type” anything using the screen. Jeep is the same. I don’t see a problem with it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sponsored

OP
OP

whtnrdy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve had Fords before and it does that when trying to “type” anything using the screen. Jeep is the same. I don’t see a problem with it. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I understand that the car will disable the ability to adjust settings when moving, that is not the problem. The problem is that every time the car slows down below 5 mph (you don't have to come to a stop) and then speed up above 5 mph the warning pops up. It does this every single time you slow down while driving, whether you touch anything or not.

So in Chicago traffic, it continually pops up as you go though stop and go traffic. Even if you don't actually stop and even if you don't touch anything.

I don't have a photo but this is a warning on the 8" touchscreen that says something like, "Some functions are disabled when the car is stopped for the safety of the....."

Zxdiac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Volt, 2016 Jeep Renegade, 2000 Montero
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It does this every single time you slow down while driving, whether you touch anything or not.
My god. I hope there's a toggle in the settings to turn this off. Stuff like this drives me nuts. Is there an audio queue or is it just visual? Please tell me there's no audible "ping" or anything like that.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In the Subaru, the controls are all disabled when you first turn the car on. For some reason the radio always turns on at high volume (even though it wasn't left at that level) and the volume knob is inactive! So it continues to blast. Then when the warning times out, the volume is at 0 as though the entertainment system was buffering the knob inputs and then applied them after...

Transpression

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I understand that the car will disable the ability to adjust settings when moving, that is not the problem. The problem is that every time the car slows down below 5 mph (you don't have to come to a stop) and then speed up above 5 mph the warning pops up. It does this every single time you slow down while driving, whether you touch anything or not.

So in Chicago traffic, it continually pops up as you go though stop and go traffic. Even if you don't actually stop and even if you don't touch anything.

I don't have a photo but this is a warning on the 8" touchscreen that says something like, "Some functions are disabled when the car is stopped for the safety of the....."
I don't have this issue. Only when trying to navigate through or change settings while driving. Which is the way it should be! Otherwise Sync works perfect.

abjbrtd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona, Thor Citation
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Doesn't sound right.
Try cleaning the screen while the Maverick is OFF, Use the provided cloth, NO WATER.​

Sponsored

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick

So, it is constantly on your screen? Again, it depends on what screen you're on. If I'm using Apple Carplay, this screen will pop up when trying to type something into Waze/Apple Maps, read texts messages, type/search for something on Apple Music, etc., regardless of whether I am stopped or not.

If yours is constantly on the screen no matter what you are doing of not doing on the screen, that's a problem that you need checked out. That's not supposed to happen, in my opinion. It's never been that way with any car I've owned, including the Fords I've owned.

OP
OP

whtnrdy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, it is constantly on your screen? Again, it depends on what screen you're on. If I'm using Apple Carplay, this screen will pop up when trying to type something into Waze/Apple Maps, read texts messages, type/search for something on Apple Music, etc., regardless of whether I am stopped or not.

If yours is constantly on the screen no matter what you are doing of not doing on the screen, that's a problem that you need checked out. That's not supposed to happen, in my opinion. It's never been that way with any car I've owned, including the Fords I've owned.
It is not always on my screen. It pops us if I slow down below 5mph and then speed up above 5mph, whether I am typing anything or not. So in cities with stop and go traffic, it pops up repeatedly as the car slows and speeds up. I have had it in CarPlay the majority of time so maybe it only does it in that mode, but as I have said before, I don't have to actually be stopped and I don't have to be touching anything.

My god. I hope there's a toggle in the settings to turn this off. Stuff like this drives me nuts. Is there an audio queue or is it just visual? Please tell me there's no audible "ping" or anything like that.
No ping, phew.

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
It is not always on my screen. It pops us if I slow down below 5mph and then speed up above 5mph, whether I am typing anything or not. So in cities with stop and go traffic, it pops up repeatedly as the car slows and speeds up. I have had it in CarPlay the majority of time so maybe it only does it in that mode, but as I have said before, I don't have to actually be stopped and I don't have to be touching anything.
Sounds like you might have a problem with the touch screen where it thinks you are touching it and trying to input something. As @abjbrtd said, trying cleaning it real well and if the issue persist, it might be an issue with your touch screen. Maybe even try disconnecting your battery and letting the system "reset" to clear it out.

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick

No ping, phew.
What screens does it pop up in? You don't have to be actively typing something for it to happen. You could just have a screen where you would type something and it happens, like the number pad to dial a phone number, for example. If you open up this screen and just leave it, it will give you that message.

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Is this happening to anybody using Android Auto?
Sponsored