First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have 2023 XLT Hybrid and love it except for one thing. Truck has a rattle coming from passenger side that I cannot locate. Anyone experience something similar. Would appreciate any ideas.
Sponsored

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My '23 Lariat Lux has a rattle or clunk on the passenger side. Sounds like it's coming from the center pillar. What is a safe way to pull the cover off?

Bandaid

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge limited, Maverick 2.0, 450E camper
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 2023 XLT has a rattle in the passengers area of the dashboard. Originally I thought it was the plastic emergency gas filler funnel that was put in the glove box. NOPE, that is now out in the bed storage compartment and the rattle is still there. I have a feeling there is a section of wiring harness inside the dash that when going over rough road spots, vibrates and hit the plastic dash.
If the rattle is on the pillar post, it might be the buckle of the seat belt hitting against the door post, unless it still rattles when someone has the seat belt on! I think if that were the case, I would take it back to the dealership and ask them to remove the cover. Just make sure that they understand that if they break something removing the panel, they replace it at their expense, not yours. I have had problems with our local Ford dealership where I had the tracks replaced on our sunroof. They broke the retractor for the headliner and are refusing to fix it unless I pay for that part. It wasn't broken when I took it in for the repair, but it is now and I am not going to pay for something they did! In fact, I refused to order my Maverick from them, as they tack on a $3000. dealer fee. (Gar Yeomans Ford, Palm Bay, Florida )

brokenaxle

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
if it sounds like the A pillar it’s likely coming from the windshield alignment pins. Mine has the same clicking noise but mixed with about 7 different dash rattles.

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have 2023 XLT Hybrid and love it except for one thing. Truck has a rattle coming from passenger side that I cannot locate. Anyone experience something similar. Would appreciate any ideas.
If the XLT has the sunglasses holder above the rear view mirror check it. Mine rattles And it can be very annoying

Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There’s been numerous threads/post on rattles and squeaks. Some have been cured by folks various fixes. Do a search on those two words and maybe a helpful fix turns up. Good luck

FordDiehard

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My '23 Lariat Lux has a rattle or clunk on the passenger side. Sounds like it's coming from the center pillar. What is a safe way to pull the cover off?
My Mav has a little vibration sound from the passenger side center pillar when I play music that has more bass than normal. I haven't pulled off the cover yet as it is not that big of an annoyance.

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I used to have an annoying sound coming from the passenger's side too.

But now that my wife is driving her own car, it's gone away.

FamousAmos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll give you a rattle! Today I drove to Quest, the first time I braked and turned left, I thought the rear end was falling off my Maverick. For 30 seconds, I thought I was gonna die. Then I realized what it was. Yesterday, while installing my storage compartment, I left the open plastic bag of 20 LUG NUTS from my original steel wheels lying on the truck bed. 20 lug nuts rolling around a truck bed is not a melodious cacophony. Tomorrow I will probably find 19 of them, and the last one will haunt me the rest of my days.

Sponsored

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, me too. Oddly enough, it only seems to happen when my wife is in the truck.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
My 2023 XLT has a rattle in the passengers area of the dashboard. Originally I thought it was the plastic emergency gas filler funnel that was put in the glove box. NOPE, that is now out in the bed storage compartment and the rattle is still there. I have a feeling there is a section of wiring harness inside the dash that when going over rough road spots, vibrates and hit the plastic dash.
If the rattle is on the pillar post, it might be the buckle of the seat belt hitting against the door post, unless it still rattles when someone has the seat belt on! I think if that were the case, I would take it back to the dealership and ask them to remove the cover. Just make sure that they understand that if they break something removing the panel, they replace it at their expense, not yours. I have had problems with our local Ford dealership where I had the tracks replaced on our sunroof. They broke the retractor for the headliner and are refusing to fix it unless I pay for that part. It wasn't broken when I took it in for the repair, but it is now and I am not going to pay for something they did! In fact, I refused to order my Maverick from them, as they tack on a $3000. dealer fee. (Gar Yeomans Ford, Palm Bay, Florida )
Hi there, Bill. This rattling concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Maverick. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hi there, Bill. This rattling concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Maverick. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
If there is a fix, post it here so the rest us can fix it too.

nickcuban

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Same. My two week old Hybrid has started the dash rattle and it’s driving me crazy.
If anyone knows the source and how to get to it, please let me know!

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine rattles and buzzes as well. Mostly on the right side. I removed the glove box and reached up in there and can feel nothing loose. As a matter of fact I would rap on the top of the dash with my fist while pulling and pushing on vent piping and the defogger ducts with my other hand. My truck has 14,000 on the clock. It started doing this at 7K.

West Texas idea of repaving roads is to spread out tar, pour pea gravel on it, then let the cars drive over it to smash it down. This makes a lot of our roads a bit rough and noisy. Still I would expect that loosening up and buzzing on my roads at maybe 50K not 7K.

I found with the pushing, pulling, and closed fist rapping on the top of the dash that if you pulled back tightly on the defogger duct slot on the top of the dash while banging on the dash the buzzing would simply go away while it's under tension. I bought a piece of black craft felt from walmart for .23 cents, and rolled it up tightly into a cylindrical shape, then stuffed it between the dash and the windshield on the passenger side using a wooden paint stir stick to have it hold tension on the dash. It worked for a few weeks then I think the felt flattened out and it's back to buzzing and rattling again.

I really don't want to take this to the dealer. I do not like other people touching my cars. I'm kinda weird that way. I bought thicker black craft felt from hobby lobby, and will tightly roll these pieces, and glue the ends, and stuff them in across the whole dash. Hopefully this will be the fix it needs. If not, I guess I keep the radio turned up.
Sponsored