First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is great. Seems either the Oct 5 embargo does not affect their region or they were able to bypass it by reviewing a dealer stock unit. Nice!
they are in Canada
Sponsored

abcinv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Tundra DBL Cab Limited 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Damn you guys are fast! Was just about to post this. :D I'm changing my mind about white, I was afraid it would look like a fleet vehicle, but is actually not bad at least in this trim.
We can do this with white (at some point)!!!

Ford Maverick "AMAZING!" Review of 2022 Maverick XLT FX4 2.0 EcoBoost by TheStraightPipes 1633122452582

or this
Ford Maverick "AMAZING!" Review of 2022 Maverick XLT FX4 2.0 EcoBoost by TheStraightPipes 1633122546854

Top_Gun

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Colorado Diesel
Engine
Undecided
I enjoyed that they like it more than the Ranger, which I was considering before they announced this beauty of a truck. I really like that it incorporates everything that was good about the classic small trucks with updated safety, tech, and mpg. Perfect commuter, do it all vehicle.

Yardtruck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2006 Sienna 2016
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know there has been concern about exhaust hanging so low on 2.0 EB AWD. Check out from .03 seconds onward. I don't plan to off road but I'm still a bit concerned why route the exhaust so low.
Yeh...still undecided between the SC or Maverick. But because the my township's compost dump is so cratered and rutted, I am liking the SC's cleaner underbody...I w
ish that had made comparisons between the Sc's and Mav's ride comfort and seats.

RogueCheddar

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT Lux EB 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

A great little review, a few more "youtubers" could do with taking a leaf out of these guys book and introducing some humour into their reviews instead of just being in love with the sound of their own vocal opinions.....

Sponsored

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm getting one of these for my alto blue. This looks nice on the white. These are good for preventing chips in the paint on the front of the hood and helps deflect bugs. I like it. What do you think?

Ford Maverick "AMAZING!" Review of 2022 Maverick XLT FX4 2.0 EcoBoost by TheStraightPipes 1633302095162

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My only issue is I don't understand the pricing. It seems like a decent amount is redundant with the tow package, but they don't seem to give you a discount if you get the tow package AND that FX4 package, right? So you end up paying for things already included in the other package.

It seems like they really want you to pick one or the other.
I ordered both FX4 & 4K Tow packages. I summed the options up and for small amount of money compared with what you get, it really made sense for me. The Tow comes with the Transmission oil cooler too and that is a nice thing to have especially in the summer months. Basically here's what you get.

Summed together for $800 & $745 = $1545.00
Hill Descent Control
6.5" productivity screen Instrument cluster
Exposed Tow Hooks
FX4 Decals
Drive Modes: Sand, Mud & Ruts
skid plates
Heavy duty cooling fan
Heavy duty radiator
Transmission Oil Cooler
Trailer Hitch Receiver 7 pin
Upgraded Drive Ratio (3.81:1) 4K
Trailer brake controller
Black painted FX4 Wheels A/T Tires

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So glad I ordered the fx4. It’s not that much more and with the xlt you get a lot for the money.
I stopped the video (momentarily) when they showed the FX4 skid-plates. Not impressed, but perhaps that's because I went aftermarket RCI 10 gauge steel https://rcimetalworks.com/https:/rcimetalworks.com/2015-2019-f-150-full-skid-plate-package/ frickin heavy plates for my F150. I know I'm being picky here, the Mavericks are a) probably good enough and b) the F150's FX4 skid-plates also don't measure up to (some) after-market versions. Here's the Mavericks Skid plates:

Ford Maverick "AMAZING!" Review of 2022 Maverick XLT FX4 2.0 EcoBoost by TheStraightPipes Maverick FX4 skid plate.PNG

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
I'm getting one of these for my alto blue. This looks nice on the white. These are good for preventing chips in the paint on the front of the hood and helps deflect bugs. I like it. What do you think?

1633302095162.png
I included the smoked version with my XLT build.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered both FX4 & 4K Tow packages. I summed the options up and for small amount of money compared with what you get, it really made sense for me.
Yeah, my issue wasn't that the equipment was bad, but just what you're paying twice for if you get both, which includes the trailer hitch receiver and upgraded cooling fan and radiator. IMO since those are redundant with the 4K package, they should have knocked off say $200 or so if you get both together.

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know there has been concern about exhaust hanging so low on 2.0 EB AWD. Check out from .03 seconds onward. I don't plan to off road but I'm still a bit concerned why route the exhaust so low.
Looks low but its 8.5 inches up without 235's AT upgraded tires-

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, my issue wasn't that the equipment was bad, but just what you're paying twice for if you get both, which includes the trailer hitch receiver and upgraded cooling fan and radiator. IMO since those are redundant with the 4K package, they should have knocked off say $200 or so if you get both together.
Agree- Or at least 25,000 Ford points :)

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I stopped the video (momentarily) when they showed the FX4 skid-plates. Not impressed, but perhaps that's because I went aftermarket RCI 10 gauge steel https://rcimetalworks.com/https:/rcimetalworks.com/2015-2019-f-150-full-skid-plate-package/ frickin heavy plates for my F150. I know I'm being picky here, the Mavericks are a) probably good enough and b) the F150's FX4 skid-plates also don't measure up to (some) after-market versions. Here's the Mavericks Skid plates:

Maverick FX4 skid plate.PNG
The RCI plates are $695 for the F-150. Add shipping and taxes, and you're over the entire FX4 package price.

The Maverick isn't a serious offroader. It'll get you to places you can't go with a sedan due to its clearance and AWD (if you get it), but I think that's about it.

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

1633302095162.png
Changed my mind on this once I found out that the deflector affixes directly to the hood surface with adhesive. Never mind. May not want it on forever.
Sponsored