TXM2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FWD ECO Maverick Lariat Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is great. Seems either the Oct 5 embargo does not affect their region or they were able to bypass it by reviewing a dealer stock unit. Nice!

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yuri (guy on the right) was also bashing the styling of the Maverick before from pictures compared to the Santa Cruz, but now that he sees it in person he actually really likes it. And his final takeaway is very positive and says that he didn't expect to like it so much.
Ford Maverick "AMAZING!" Review of 2022 Maverick XLT FX4 2.0 EcoBoost by TheStraightPipes Screenshot 2021-10-01 080026

So that's a pretty big S.E.G. and thumbs up from someone that came in predisposed to bash it.
This is great. Seems either the Oct 5 embargo does not affect their region or they were able to bypass it by reviewing a dealer stock unit. Nice!
Yup, I think that was it with dealer stock, don't have to sign an embargo if its not for the press vehicle, and they are way too big a channel to worry about Ford scolding them. Clever!

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yuri (guy on the right) was also bashing the styling of the Maverick before from pictures compared to the Santa Cruz, but now that he sees it in person he actually really likes it. And his final takeaway is very positive and says that he didn't expect to like it so much.
Screenshot 2021-10-01 080026.jpg

So that's a pretty big S.E.G. and thumbs up from someone that came in predisposed to bash it.

Yup, I think that was it with dealer stock, don't have to sign an embargo if its not for the press vehicle, and they are way too big a channel to worry about Ford scolding them. Clever!
And yet here they are already bashing the Hybrid and calling the eCVT a CVT.

I sure hope more reviews come soon with actual reviewers who know what they are reviewing. This one seems more like two idiots behind a wheel trying to look cool.

Last edited:

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am bracing myself for over half the videos to make that mistake. Everyone does it, even Alex on Autos who is usually pretty careful.

What a terrible name Ford has decided to go with.

lurch70

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW 330xi, 2019 Volvo XC60
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great review. Still waiting for those Hybrid reviews. I am sure performance will not match the EcoBoost. It's all about fuel economy with that one.

How the heck did Toronto get stock already and not NYC Tri State? :)

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
That's a good video. I'm not expecting to dislike much or anything about it, but it's nice to hear the sounds coming from it and how the levels are inside the cab while driving. The only thing I need to do is drive one, and so far, driving videos are calling it pleasant and fun, so that makes me feel good.

Thanks for sharing.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I sure hope more reviews come soon with actual reviewers who know what they are reviewing. This one seems more like two idiots behind a wheel trying to look cool.
Well, an eCVT is a type of CVT, since all that means is "continuously variable transmission" so more or less anything without gears is one, just like Hyundai's unique IVT is.

Its basically just the belt driven type that has given CVTs a bad name in general, requiring educating the public that not all CVTs are even of the same design.

But that's true for many types of transmissions, like some people have sworn off DCTs after driving a Powershift, aka the Power:poop: , when clearly most are not bad like that one was.

Sponsored

dmccorkle33

First Name
David McCorkle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hybrid Lariat, 2022 Tesla Model Y Perf
I don't modify my vehicles but a lowered Maverick look like something I may want to do.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So glad I ordered the fx4. It’s not that much more and with the xlt you get a lot for the money.
My only issue is I don't understand the pricing. It seems like a decent amount is redundant with the tow package, but they don't seem to give you a discount if you get the tow package AND that FX4 package, right? So you end up paying for things already included in the other package.

It seems like they really want you to pick one or the other.

Barefootdan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y
Awesome review. I was anxiously awaiting their review. I like that the ecoboost allows a bit of brake boost and that it actually helps. Other things I noticed is their review of the ride quality. I was worried the FX4 pack would just kill the ride similar to the Ranger. But they gave very high praise to that.

Fx4hOok

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0 FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok can i have my truck back please
Sponsored