First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Damn you guys are fast! Was just about to post this. :D I'm changing my mind about white, I was afraid it would look like a fleet vehicle, but is actually not bad at least in this trim.
The white looks good with the black painted wheels that come with the FX4 package. With the steel wheels it looks more like a fleet vehicle. The local Post Office uses the steel wheels on their newer vehicles.
Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great review. Still waiting for those Hybrid reviews. I am sure performance will not match the EcoBoost. It's all about fuel economy with that one.

How the heck did Toronto get stock already and not NYC Tri State? :)
I'm thinking the Hybrid will be faster 0-30 since it will have instant torque. The EcoBoost would win 0-60.

donkiboy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know there has been concern about exhaust hanging so low on 2.0 EB AWD. Check out from .03 seconds onward. I don't plan to off road but I'm still a bit concerned why route the exhaust so low.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm thinking the Hybrid will be faster 0-30 since it will have instant torque. The EcoBoost would win 0-60.
I'm in team-hybrid, but I doubt it. The AWD Ecoboost in this example was brake boosted, which while not a realistic launch that you are going to feel 99% of the time at stop lights and stop signs, does mean its overcoming quite a bit of the soft launch the turbo would otherwise have.

I think we'll find out this week either way, but my prediction is the hybrid will be about two seconds behind. The real kicker with the Hybrid is going to be economics, as its not only the least expensive, but the city fuel economy around town can't be touched by anything else in class.

Filling up my current 32 gallon fuel tank that drains at 16mpg is a bit of an ouch with gas prices on the rise.

dedMann

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FX4/LUX,60 Bug,ElementSC 5mt,Buell XB12X,BICYCLES!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Still curious about the drive modes. They mention the flag (sport) was still showing but does nothing..... booooo!i want the quicker steering with that mode, cause you know; tight city driving. I read the manual and it mentions the adaptive steering. I wonder if we can force it to learn sportier steering.
"
"Adaptive learning helps correct road irregularities and improves overall handling and steering. The system assists the brake system to help operate advanced stability control and accident avoidance systems.

If your vehicle loses electrical power or detects a concern when you are driving, the system switches off and you retain normal steering function. Additionally, whenever you disconnect the battery or install a new battery, drive your vehicle a short distance before the system relearns the strategy and reactivates all systems."

Sponsored

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thats why I bought a white one.

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Review of 2.0 EcoBoost Maverick XLT FX4 by TheStraightPipes.

My favorite part of the video was the comment about door storage.

How is it that no one else has mentioned that the door panels are completely hollow?
Ford Maverick "AMAZING!" Review of 2022 Maverick XLT FX4 2.0 EcoBoost by TheStraightPipes 1633104744021

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How is it that no one else has mentioned that the door panels are completely hollow?
Not completely. There's a bit of storage inside the door panel in the front doors, but it's only maybe 3-4 inches. Not as deep as on my Fusion which fills much more of the available space. The rear doors have basically none.

Edit: actually looks like it's deeper than I first estimated. I guess I didn't notice the area past the rib on the one I looked at.

Last edited:

Fx4hOok

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0 FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know there has been concern about exhaust hanging so low on 2.0 EB AWD. Check out from .03 seconds onward. I don't plan to off road but I'm still a bit concerned why route the exhaust so low.
99 camry is like that lol

Sponsored

Oxford White FX4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Damn you guys are fast! Was just about to post this. :D I'm changing my mind about white, I was afraid it would look like a fleet vehicle, but is actually not bad at least in this trim.
Love it in White this is the exact spec i ordered except add sunroof

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Not completely. There's a bit of storage inside the door panel in the front doors, but it's only maybe 3-4 inches. Not as deep as on my Fusion which fills much more of the available space. The rear doors have basically none.
Well, there must have been some intentionality behind it. The raised rib looks like to hold something in place and to keep it from sliding out.
Ford Maverick "AMAZING!" Review of 2022 Maverick XLT FX4 2.0 EcoBoost by TheStraightPipes 1633105336612

When I saw it, I thought it would be a great place for a 1st aid kit or something like that.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, there must have been some intentionality behind it. The raised rib looks like to hold something in place and to keep it from sliding out.
That's deeper than I expected. I guess I didn't notice there was more space behind that raised bit when I looked on the trainer I saw.

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

brnpttmn