Sponsored

Airbag Recall - Nightmare or just fine ?

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been waiting 6 weeks to get the recall done. I’m getting it done at Galvin Ford in Van Nuys CA. They say they are the largest Ford dealer for 19 years In a row. They can’t get the air bags. You would think being the biggest dealer they would have plenty of air bags.
Each airbag recall kit has to be specially ordered per VIN- Have they done this ?

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Every time you call you get someone else. They keep on saying they will call you when it arrives.
Service Manager told me when they have to order by VIN for a specific recall- Fords system does not allow any kind of tracking and or updates and the parts will just randomly show up one day- Says its pretty frustrating for everyone involved.

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Greasy black fingerprints on headliner and plastic pieces not aligned properly here.
Looks like you had the same tech I did. Now my dashboard is also scratched...so back I go in the next few days.

These dealers must be making a whole bunch of money if they're pissing away this much money in time and parts due to shoddy labor.

TC in MN

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav XLT, CG, 2.0, AWD, Lux, tow, 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No issues, done in a day and received a Yeti tumbler to boot.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone had the Side/Airbag recall performed and have had it not been a disaster with dash scratches - Mis/Aligned A -Pillars and or new dash rattles ?
My service visit for the airbag recall was perfect. I looked it over closely before leaving and found zero problems and no rattles on the way home.

Sponsored

Carbonite Mav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just had it done yesterday everything seems fine, not a scratch to note. Interestingly they said it may take up to 5-6 hours the week before they scheduled me, but that it's getting faster the more their techs do it. Mine ended up being only 2 1/2 hours, so perhaps those with problems sadly ended up being the "guinea pigs" before they got good at doing em. I'm glad I waited a bit but knew it needed to be done, safety is important and rather not take any chances with something like air bags.

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine is going on day 2 as they wait for a headliner retaining clip -

FESTUS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I had mine done a month ago by Ben Davis Ford in Auburn In. and no issues they done a very professional job couldn't even tell the headliner was down and received my YETI cup a week after

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone had the Side/Airbag recall performed and have had it not been a disaster with dash scratches - Mis/Aligned A -Pillars and or new dash rattles ?
The moron that did mine I was about to strangle... the scratches are the least of it. Calling Ford Customer service to complain my seat belt doesn't even retract loose and un re inserted weather stripping etc.

Effing morons North County Ford service department is too understaffed and staffed by morons

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ready to check into- Nightmare mode- Dealer service which has been pretty good so far said they have done 4 to 5 of these Airbag recalls so far without an issue- Now says a headliner clip broke and they cant source an OEM replacement - Says two week back/order- Looking at aftermarket options at this point -
Sponsored

• Sad
Reactions: bgn