Sponsored

ACTUAL/Factual differences in drive modes?

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m curious if anyone has ever seen the actual differences in the stock programming of the drive modes? Not speculation, but factual differences. Is this something you can see in forscan, or whatever tuning software shops like Buschur and Cobb are using?

For example, it’s reasonable to think that the sport mode might have more boost and a rear biased torque spread than the eco mode due to the computer controlled wastegate and electronic differential. Maybe the cooling fan comes on earlier in tow/haul mode? Maybe there is more of a 50/50 tq split in slippery/sand modes?

Has anyone seen all the actual programming differences in the drive modes?
Sponsored

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My limited experience in slippery. Definitely decreases power when accelerating from stop to limit wheel spin. Recently had about 5 inches of snow and I could feel the softness in the pedal when starting out. Definitely increased torque to all wheels and was watching the power disperse differently to the wheels on the display I had zero issues driving in snow and slush. I do have Falken Wildpeak Trails which are 3 peak snow rated. I will try the other modes when we get a deeper snow.

JanTheSexyVektan

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Reminds me of how some workplaces put nonworking thermostats in offices. They don't do anything but the workers feel better adjusting them. We might open up the drive mode panel and find them all wired to the same place.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The exact data details of the drive mode changes are proprietary, and OEM's do not share that, nor is the average tuner going to extrapolate all the numbers to figure it out. They just go for the low hanging fruit in the torque tables, and peak engine parameters.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Reminds me of how some workplaces put nonworking thermostats in offices. They don't do anything but the workers feel better adjusting them. We might open up the drive mode panel and find them all wired to the same place.
Pretty sure we have one of those thermostats where I work. No matter what you do it's always 73.

Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty sure we have one of those thermostats where I work. No matter what you do it's always 73.
Its probably connected to some unlucky fellow in a completely different hallway wondering wtf is up with the temperature changes.
Sponsored