Maverick Drive Modes

‘80F100

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 F100, 1996 Ram 2500, 2001 Ranger, 2014 Edge
Negative. The initial marketing material showed that but the latest order guides show the following in regards to FX4 drive modes.

Screenshot 2021-08-30 181052.png

Screenshot 2021-08-30 181201.png
Oops, good catch. I mixed them up. Slippery gets replaced sport stays.
Sponsored

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So if you get the FX4 what mode do you use for ice/snow - this is still my lingering question.

Deleted member 1483

I am looking forward to running my new maverick hybrid with the drive modes. All of them actually seem like they will be useful for me.

Normal: Should be "comfort" like Lincoln. Fast upshifts and diminished throttle response, sensitive to heavy throttle inputs for merging/passing. I probably won't use this too much unless it's a "out of park and go" kind of day.

Eco: Less throttle response, and kept in high gears. Basically normal but with needing a lot of throttle to downshift. Videos show that flooring it has the same 0-60 time, so this will basically just keep me from being too heavy footed unless I need it.

Sport: I probably will use this when I am out having fun, or if I know I am going to need to drive more aggressive in traffic. I don't expect the hybrid to be speedy, but it should do ok with both engines working together.

Tow/Haul: I will probably use this a lot. I am trading in my Escape for the maverick because of the 2x payload. When I have 4 people and a lot of gear, or am hauling building materials I would like the focus on engine braking and more torque. I also live near many severe grades.

Slippery: This will probably be my "soft road" mode. To max out the traction control and keep me from spinning tires. It also snows a lot here.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So if you get the FX4 what mode do you use for ice/snow - this is still my lingering question.
+1 - Would like something definitive on what modes you get on the 2L/AWD when you add both TOW/FX4-

RogueCheddar

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT Lux EB 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My wife has a Golf Alltrack which has Normal, Sport, Offroad and Custom modes. Normal is, well, normal. Sport sharpens up throttle response, holds gears longer and sharpens up the steering feel. Offroad brings in Hill descent control which slackens off the ABS as well as holding the car on the brakes at about 5mph. It also slackens the traction control right off and tightens up the "virtual" locking diffs to allow some descent wheelspin in the mud or snow. Custom gives you selection of steering/throttle/DSG response, we typically use custom having the steering in sport and everything else as normal. All the drive modes work very well, hopefully the Mav ones do to.

Sponsored

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sand seems to equate to "deep snow" but wouldn't be good for hardpack or ice or rain which is specifically what slippery is aimed towards. In the mountains 90% of the time you're on hardpack snow or ice and rarely are you driving in deep snow for long periods...on the roads its mostly packed snow. So my question is still what to use on hardpack or ice if we don't have slippery?

Here is what I found on info on a F150 site.

Deep Snow/Sand
For off-road driving on soft, dry sand or deep snow on your Ford F-150. This mode optimizes accelerator pedal response, traction and stability controls to help maintain forward momentum. If your vehicle becomes stuck in deep conditions, use this mode to help get unstuck.

Four-wheel drive high is the default four-wheel drive mode. Four-wheel drive low is selectable in deep snow/sand mode.

Warning: Do not use this mode when driving on pavement or packed snow. This could cause driveline bind up and damage the system depending on the four-wheel drive mode selection.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sand seems to equate to "deep snow" but wouldn't be good for hardpack or ice or rain which is specifically what slippery is aimed towards. In the mountains 90% of the time you're on hardpack snow or ice and rarely are you driving in deep snow for long periods...on the roads its mostly packed snow. So my question is still what to use on hardpack or ice if we don't have slippery?

Here is what I found on info on a F150 site.

Deep Snow/Sand
For off-road driving on soft, dry sand or deep snow on your Ford F-150. This mode optimizes accelerator pedal response, traction and stability controls to help maintain forward momentum. If your vehicle becomes stuck in deep conditions, use this mode to help get unstuck.

Four-wheel drive high is the default four-wheel drive mode. Four-wheel drive low is selectable in deep snow/sand mode.

Warning: Do not use this mode when driving on pavement or packed snow. This could cause driveline bind up and damage the system depending on the four-wheel drive mode selection.
Just pulled this off the Maverick intro splash page from Ford.Com - Says FX4 comes with Slippery mode- etc

Ford Maverick Maverick Drive Modes 1630431524852

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is honestly a crapshoots guess at what it will be. Conflicting material seems to be Ford's modus operandi with the Maverick 😂
Canadian orders keep Slippery and lose Sport.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The modes are all software, limited by how many buttons exist for modes.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You do realize you're asking this question to an enthusiast forum where nobody has driven a Maverick, much less actually owns 1 who could give a definitive answer from experience, right? Maybe an owner on Bronco Sport forum could tell you?

Rowerwet

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 frontier, 2016 grand Caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My grand Caravan has an eco mode button. It seems to change the transmission shifting, most notably when pulling out of our side street onto the busy main road, it causes us to peel out very often.

ledger9427

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corolla, 2022 Maverick XLT EB
For slippery conditions with FX4....

This is what the owners manual says about Sand mode:

"Do not use on firm, slippery surfaces,
such as paved roads covered with snow or
ice or driving on packed snow. For slippery,
firm surfaces use slippery mode."

Instead it suggests using mud/ruts mode:

"This mode may help get your vehicle
unstuck from deep snow or sand."

BUT it implies that Slippery will be a standard drive mode by not including the "(if equipped)"

So who really knows?

Were all speculating because Ford has yet to release any media involving test drives.. but my information does come from what ford has provided, I'm not just spewing BS without doing any research.. *cough *cough
Sponsored

Attachments