First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK, it seems I may be the best suited to answer this. Sport will likely change fuel intake, timing, shifting patterns and a few other goodies. Eco will to the opposite and normal will be a balance of the two.

I can give you a orange to mandarin comparison(the same, but not the same).
My diesel truck. 2007 f350. With a simple 'tune' I can run factory....Slow, not fuel efficient, but very conservative in the way it runs.
Street Tune changes the shift pattern It doesnt hold it that much longer but it shifts that much harder. Less smooth. It uses more fuel. Becomes really responsive.
Eco tune- Not a lot of go power. Noticeably less. But it also uses much less fuel and the fuel savings are amazing. From 15mpgs on street on a good day to 20+ on a good day.

I also have towing tunes which does hold the gear for a LOOOOONNNNGGGG time and a slight power increase over stock and a race tune, which, well, is uh Fast.....I can drop 100 horses at the rears or gain 100+ just by changing a tune in the computer.
New cars can even change the suspension behavior by it(looking at you Vette, Caddy, and Shelbys)
So yes, just changing the mode can make an easily recognized difference.
Sponsored

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
So my question is I know that we don't have a "locker" in these or dual clutch but im curious as to the ability to modify these modes to get closer to a locked feel? Obviously their is some modification to these settings as in the manual it states that mud and sand both will be Jerry on a paved surface alluding to more of a locked or equally split power? Think someone could make a tune to be a 50/50 split? Or adjustable like locking in front diff or rear?

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
So my question is I know that we don't have a "locker" in these or dual clutch but im curious as to the ability to modify these modes to get closer to a locked feel? Obviously their is some modification to these settings as in the manual it states that mud and sand both will be Jerry on a paved surface alluding to more of a locked or equally split power? Think someone could make a tune to be a 50/50 split? Or adjustable like locking in front diff or rear?
You could modify the rear Diff and get a tune to help. Just don’t know if anyone has cracked that code yet

JamesHenry

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Fit, 2019 Honda Odyssey
To my knowledge all Mavericks have 5 drive modes. You get normal, slippery, tow/haul, sport, and eco. When you add the FX4 package the sport and eco modes are replaced with the mud and sand modes.
Negative. The initial marketing material showed that but the latest order guides show the following in regards to FX4 drive modes.

Ford Maverick Maverick Drive Modes Screenshot 2021-08-30 181052

Ford Maverick Maverick Drive Modes Screenshot 2021-08-30 181201

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
Negative. The initial marketing material showed that but the latest order guides show the following in regards to FX4 drive modes.

Screenshot 2021-08-30 181052.png

Screenshot 2021-08-30 181201.png
So it replaces Slippery and Eco. Makes more sense there. But the owners manuals says EVERY maverick has Slippery. Hmmmm

JamesHenry

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Fit, 2019 Honda Odyssey
So it replaces Slippery and Eco. Makes more sense there. But the owners manuals says EVERY maverick has Slippery. Hmmmm
It is honestly a crapshoots guess at what it will be. Conflicting material seems to be Ford's modus operandi with the Maverick 😂

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Eco mode in my 2015 Kia Soul+ will damn near get you killed lol. It basically gets to high gear faster and holds it to keep the rpms low for better mpg,supposedly.. The bad thing is it doesn’t want to downshift when I want to speed up or go up any kind of incline and I have to almost floor it to shift. It doesn’t help mpgs much at all in the Soul so I don’t use it.
In my 2018 Civic hatchback is where I do 95% of my driving. Plenty of performance for that same 95% of driving. No problems with downshifts. Big difference in MPG, I think Honda engineers just did a better job in design than Kia.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to the owners manual there are 7 drive modes available for the maverick.
3 are standard, 4 are optional.
standard modes are
Normal, Slippery, Tow/Haul
Optional modes are
Eco, Sport, Mud/Ruts, Sand.
Hybrids all come with Eco

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know FX4 ADDS modes but will it loose any modes to allow for the “off-road modes?”
They add the additional modes to what is already there, but I believe "slippery" mode is changed to "sandy" mode, which still the same. The computer is limiting power to a wheel that's spinning and trying to keep any of the wheels from spinning out in general.

Sponsored

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Maverick Drive Modes B5B581AA-588E-4445-BB20-D3E0EBD92151

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the "slippery" mode is still there, but the new name of "sandy"

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The standard Maverick has 5 drive modes - Normal, Eco, Sport, Slippery, and Tow/Haul. I understand when normal, slippery, and tow/haul are to be used, but what are the use cases for eco and sport modes?
Direct Quotes from the Maverick User Manual:

ECO (If Equipped)

For efficient driving. This mode helps deliver maximum fuel efficiency and helps to increase driving range.

SPORT (If Equipped)

For sporty driving with improved performance handling and response. This mode increases throttle response and provides a sportier steering feel. The powertrain system provides improved gear holding, helping your vehicle accelerate faster.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Slippery is also for snow
Think of it more in a "traction" condition, than a weather condition. Slippery conditions can include, but not limited to rain, snow, sand or ice.
Sponsored