First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think that all the members in this club need to realize that we can t change the production and the delivery of our vehicles.We need to be a lot more patient with each other.When we ordered the vehicle we knew it would be a waiting game. So everyone sit back and watch the show with a beer ,a scotch or a glass of Vodka, and have a happy, healthy, and patient new year.
And we missed the cut off date to order a hybrid by about a week. Now we have to wait until Aug 16, 2022 before we can order one and start the waiting game for a 2023 Maverick… unless a dealer can get one that someone ordered then changed their mind…
Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tesla just recalled nearly half a million Model 3 and Model S vehicles.

Made in California, USA.

Things happen...

OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Very well stated salient points. However, Ford and other auto companies did screw up by canceling their chip orders. They also dropped the ball by using chips straight out of the 90s produced at antique wafer fabs that are not profitable. My tossing in the production numbers was more to stir the pot than anything.. (I like popcorn...) And it worked, the same old curmudgeons just had to step up and say their thing... And I'm not referring to your response because again your reasoning is well thought out and factual.
But I will also go on to say that I do believe Ford has dropped the ball in spite of the pandemic.
The pandemic has obviously caused problems, any rational person would agree to this. That said, the pandemic is also being used as an excuse for poor business practice and management. All that aside, my complaint is actually the allocation, and it being used to allow someone who orders later to get their vehicle sooner then the people who ordered early on. In my case I know of a situation where the person ordered the exact same vehicle I ordered all the way down to the color and options... In October, and they now have their vehicle. There were only two differences between their order and my order, when we ordered and the dealership. I ordered in July, they ordered in October and the dealership, we ordered from, different dealerships. Why he has his Maverick and I don't have mine comes down to allocation. I ordered in July and I'm still awaiting a build date, he ordered in October and they now have their Maverick.
In the fine print somewhere be it on the Ford website or at the dealer, it should have been stated that dealer allocation may have an effect when you receive your order. You know, full disclosure that allows people to make a informed decision. I don't think I'm being unreasonable expecting that information to be provided so I could have made an informed choice. Do you?
My opinion, or logic. I bought an eco. Same basic engine Ford has been using wth a bit more kick. It fit my needs with AWD. THE HYBRID is a newer and not so readily available in regards to parts. I also bought from Chapman, a solid 90 minutes away because they have been around for awhile and they know the system. They sold a bunch at a. great price, the people at blue oval noticed and rewarded them. I ordered relatively early, sight unseen, because the Maverick checked so many of my boxes. So, I ordered a known entity in the ECO, from a good dealer with a great game plan, and didn’t wait. My Maverick is in my driveway and it’s freaking awesome. In my opinion, an absolute bargain for what I have compared to current new and used vehicle prices.
I absolutely agree Ford was not ready for the demand even considering the pandemic, and yes the supply chain is in shambles. I deal with it every damn day.
It is the world of “lean and just in time” the Toyota method. Well the shortages proved that the lean boys can get their asses kicked when unexpected shit happens.
“Toyota developed a new concept of “lean manufacturing.” Toyota recognized that inventory was a major cost factor for production. Consequently, they reduced waste, and the largest waste of them all was excess material. By optimizing this excess, Toyota developed lean production. Many different influences shaped the Toyota Production System”

Material flow stops, uh oh, so does production…no extra parts to keep things moving. Pandemic plus no inventory, well, you get the picture.
It’s more than a Ford problem, it’s a global problem. They cut all the fat…lean and screwed.

Sorry for the rant but everyone drank the koolaid and this is the global supply chain

Sponsored

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thursday January 13, 2022, the day full Scheduling resumes, just can’t come soon enough…

mrothe570

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Lexus IS300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
True that but we aren't in the same world today.
Yeah you're absolutely right we aren't. Ford builds cars in Mexico instead of Michigan, California, and New Jersey. Everything is financed and you get laughed off the lot if you want to pay cash. We have to depend on imports for everything because no one in the United States of America *makes* anything anymore. Inflation is running rampant but most of it is bc companies have the market power (read: monopoly) to pad their margin while the customer gets screwed six ways to Sunday! The financialization of the economy is the worst thing that has ever happened to this country and I absolutely blame big corporations like Ford for participating in it.

mrothe570

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Lexus IS300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tesla just recalled nearly half a million Model 3 and Model S vehicles.

Made in California, USA.

Things happen...
Tesla makes a shoddy product. Scotty Kilmer has a lot of things to say about Tesla.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To quote Gunny Whitlock, never forget the seven P's...
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
Ford decided they wanted to introduce this new vehicle made from parts outsourced from a million different places at a facility in Mexico. And now they can't keep up with demand and they're already having recalls.. gee go figure.
Ford used outsourced parts in '66 too. Many years before that actually. As far as the factory's location, it's new and modern and has a workforce far more well trained than the one in 66 also.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just because he's alone and just because I tend not to like his articles does not mean there's not some truth in what he's having to say. If you don't think there's people in politics and government who want to control the masses by limiting transportation you might want to rethink that. Lemon has had cameras thousands of cameras for about 20 years now... They want to know everybody who's entering the city. That would never happen in the US right? I just read a story about a city, I believe is in Michigan that wants to put cameras all over so they can read and record every license plate that travels through the city. In fact there's a lawyer that does YouTube spots Steve Leito he also is on Vinwikki who speaks to this. Just because a person is paranoid and thinks everybody is out to get them doesn't mean there aren't people out to get them. The guy who wrote the article I provided the link to, maybe is a clown, I personally think he is, that does not mean there's not truth in the story he wrote.
Steve Lehto is a step of from an ambulance chaser, a small step. Not exactly the benchmark for solid opinions.

Sponsored

N0B0DY

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First off, you did not order directly from Ford, you ordered through a dealer. It's not Ford's fault you picked a dealer that doesn't have enough allocations to get you your truck early enough. You should've researched a bit and picked a high volume dealer.
Second, You are trolling.

OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Steve Lehto is a step of from an ambulance chaser, a small step. Not exactly the benchmark for solid opinions.
In your opinion.... However let's say that you're absolutely right he is nothing more than an ambulance chaser, aree you suggesting he's not bright enough to have opinions that actually are significant? So I take it you know some outstanding non ambulance chaser attorneys.... really... So some of the issues and things Steve brings up, are you suggesting that none of such have validity? I take it you're anti-fifth amendment, pro asset forfeiture where no crime has been committed, and think law enforcement should not be held accountable for their behavior? These are all topics Steve speaks on, and all you can do is call him ambulance chaser. Ok, Interesting. In my life I have found, even in cases where the person I'm interacting with I completely disagree, they're still able to offer me insight. Your milage may vary however.

OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First off, you did not order directly from Ford, you ordered through a dealer. It's not Ford's fault you picked a dealer that doesn't have enough allocations to get you your truck early enough. You should've researched a bit and picked a high volume dealer.
Second, You are trolling.
I am not trolling. Unless you consider trolling anytime an opinion is put forth you don't agree with. I've brought up some very valid points there's nothing trollish about that. It seems what I've had to say has hurt your feeling and made you react, why is that? Fyi, I'm setting on 10,000 Ford shares, how many shares do you own? So as a shareholder and as a customer I have the right to speak up when I feel Ford is not performing as well as they should.

Last edited:

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Total vehicle production from most US manufacturers has fallen dramatically since 1966, and did so far before the pandemic. Even if Maverick production fell short of Mustang production on a day by day basis, its not at all surprising.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In your opinion.... However let's say that you're absolutely right he is nothing more than an ambulance chaser, aree you suggesting he's not bright enough to have opinions that actually are significant? So I take it you know some outstanding non ambulance chaser attorneys.... really... So some of the issues and things Steve brings up, are you suggesting that none of such have validity? I take it you're anti-fifth amendment, pro asset forfeiture where no crime has been committed, and think law enforcement should not be held accountable for their behavior? These are all topics Steve speaks on, and all you can do is call him ambulance chaser. Ok, Interesting. In my life I have found, even in cases where the person I'm interacting with I completely disagree, they're still able to offer me insight. Your milage may vary however.
I listened to his podcasts for more years than I can count. Some of his viewpoints were valid, many others were the equivalent of the late night commercials for "lawyers" saying they can get you maximum compensation for hot coffee on your crotch.

My opinion stands.
Sponsored